Shangri-La 2019

stuartbert two hats

7 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I can kind of understand the band not being overly happy with this, i think. They’re no doubt still mourning, they’ve no plans to tour, they don’t know what the fuck is going on, and then to see a tribute being booked by someone who played with band live for a couple of years in the late 90s, yeah, i can understand things being a bit raw and them seeing that as not the most sensitive thing. Not saying that’s right or wrong, but it’s understandable, for sure.

Yeah it's fair enough. Can see that.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I was just looking at the Gas Tower lineup and wondered if it was likely to be:

Thursday: Orca Sound Takeover

Friday: Who Cares Takeover

Saturday: Hospitality takeover

Sunday: Wonkavision Takeover

That seems to make sense, but it also feels like some big names for a Thursday, but I suppose that's not that unusual. Surely Bicep will be rammed though? 

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Posted in the day and stage thread but may as well share here too.

Denzel is Thursday, so I have no idea where that leaves Idles (as Friday has Gojira, and then they are elsewhere Sat and Sun)

They have an afternoon gig on the Saturday in Luxembourg so Friday 1am (Thursday night) makes the most sense

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Just seems like a bit of overkill to me putting 2 of the biggest names on the Thursday when it's going to be rammed anyway (and then leaving the Saturday or Sunday without anyone that big on it).

It's either that or they put two of the biggest names on Friday, and Thursday works best for Idles logistically. Saturday and Sunday are left bare regardless - although Dead Kennedys were announced a while after the initial Earache announcement last time so I'm sure they still hav surprises to come there.

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Just seems like a bit of overkill to me putting 2 of the biggest names on the Thursday when it's going to be rammed anyway (and then leaving the Saturday or Sunday without anyone that big on it).

This may have already been cleared up but I thought Gojira were on the poster twice? Once for Truth and once for Scum?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 9:50 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

That is a shame about Giz Butt cancelling. Don't really get how it could have been anything other than a mark of respect to Keith from one of his friends (unless maybe they weren't really any more?) but fair play if it was upsetting anyone. Maybe the band feel it is something they would rather do when the time is right? Must still be very raw.

I think as others have said that there will be plenty of unofficial tributes popping up. Expecting to see some Keith-themed art.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:26 AM, Mardy said:

I can kind of understand the band not being overly happy with this, i think. They’re no doubt still mourning, they’ve no plans to tour, they don’t know what the fuck is going on, and then to see a tribute being booked by someone who played with band live for a couple of years in the late 90s, yeah, i can understand things being a bit raw and them seeing that as not the most sensitive thing. Not saying that’s right or wrong, but it’s understandable, for sure.

I read somewhere (albeit I think it was a photo of the sun newspaper) that Glasto had left the Prodigy’s spot open for them in case they wished to pay tribute to Keith themselves. Apparently the band are thinking about it but want to make sure that whatever happens, they get the tribute right.