Shangri-La 2019

stuartbert two hats

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah what time is Craig Charles normally on? Might head in for that.

Last time he was on for about 4 hours, 1-5pm I think? 

We stopped by for about an hour, was good fun but too much else to see to stay for it all 

Just now, mario man said:

Last time he was on for about 4 hours, 1-5pm I think? 

We stopped by for about an hour, was good fun but too much else to see to stay for it all 

Cool might actually attempt this this year. Seen him a couple of times elsewhere but never in shangri la. Love his shows though.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah, he usually does long long sets, so I was banking on being able to pop in on that and go for a stroll. If you do clash Friday, Norman Jay is doing similar on Sat (the Sunday takeover didn't look as appealing, though I can't remember what it is exactly).

3 hours ago, Homer said:

Yeah, he usually does long long sets, so I was banking on being able to pop in on that and go for a stroll. If you do clash Friday, Norman Jay is doing similar on Sat (the Sunday takeover didn't look as appealing, though I can't remember what it is exactly).

Good info thanks!

Yeah as others have said it isn’t just getting in it is how busy it is when you are in. I have had fun down there (Hot Chip Prince tribute Geonysis and the hell stage spring to mind as they were a bit more open) but also seems like a bit of a mission at times.

i’m fine With pyramid crowds but away from a main stage I like to wander until I find something I love and that seems harder to do there after dark?

Weighing up the announcement for this year and the change from Earache Express to Scum. There's been ne mention of Shi-TV so presuming that's gone. Was Shi-TV next to Earache Express and if so are they taking over the combined area to build Scum?

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Weighing up the announcement for this year and the change from Earache Express to Scum. There's been ne mention of Shi-TV so presuming that's gone. Was Shi-TV next to Earache Express and if so are they taking over the combined area to build Scum?

Shitv is still gonna be there, it’s on the final poster :)

21 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

1 - 4:30 last year. We got there at about half 1 & it was very busy. Was all day. I would definitely recommend it. If you were only to do an hour or 2, do the 2nd half. The atmosphere should be bouncing 

24 minutes ago, Bza said:

Does Craig Charles keep to his funk and soul style sets (like his 6music show) or is it more of a dance mix? 

Funk and soul, albeit with a heavy emphasis on re-edits to make it more dancey.  Ironically he constantly puts his headphones to his ears and twiddles knobs on his mixer even though he isn't actually doing anything that requires him to do so.

Great fun though.

The Keith Flint tribute DJ set has been cancelled, as people from the band not finding it appropriate and upsetting - which is a shame as think it's very fitting and won't be the only tribute over the weekend

https://www.nme.com/news/music/keith-flint-glastonbury-dj-tribute-set-cancelled2484526-2484526?fbclid=IwAR16Q3XogJbQzwSZ96MkeQw4Y8Qtdu7pujV1divmM-UvY7bfZ4n9cz0Od-0#Tf15lU9dx1apFLpw.99

Edited by shoptildrop

It didn't really sit right with me the amount of 'Keith Flint Tribute' club nights that popped up the day after he passed away.

Not sure that a DJ set at Glastonbury is quite as bad though considering he's probably not getting much out of it anyway.

15 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

It didn't really sit right with me the amount of 'Keith Flint Tribute' club nights that popped up the day after he passed away.

Not sure that a DJ set at Glastonbury is quite as bad though considering he's probably not getting much out of it anyway.

Plus he's presumably a friend of Keith's.

That is a shame about Giz Butt cancelling. Don't really get how it could have been anything other than a mark of respect to Keith from one of his friends (unless maybe they weren't really any more?) but fair play if it was upsetting anyone. Maybe the band feel it is something they would rather do when the time is right? Must still be very raw.

I think as others have said that there will be plenty of unofficial tributes popping up. Expecting to see some Keith-themed art.

32 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That is a shame about Giz Butt cancelling. Don't really get how it could have been anything other than a mark of respect to Keith from one of his friends (unless maybe they weren't really any more?) but fair play if it was upsetting anyone. Maybe the band feel it is something they would rather do when the time is right? Must still be very raw.

I think as others have said that there will be plenty of unofficial tributes popping up. Expecting to see some Keith-themed art.

I can kind of understand the band not being overly happy with this, i think. They’re no doubt still mourning, they’ve no plans to tour, they don’t know what the fuck is going on, and then to see a tribute being booked by someone who played with band live for a couple of years in the late 90s, yeah, i can understand things being a bit raw and them seeing that as not the most sensitive thing. Not saying that’s right or wrong, but it’s understandable, for sure.