Shangri-La 2019

stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, bombfrog said:

OK, I have no idea who 99% of these people are and I've never really been to the naughty corner after dark as (A) It always seems very hard to get into and (B) There's rarely anything on I'm intersted in as it mostly seems to be drum 'n' bass from what I can work out.

Having said that, I would relaly like to see Elvana, so how possible is it going to be to find out what time a particular act is on and (assuming they don't clash with any headliners) get in and out of the naughty corner to see them. Or should I just not bother?

Wait until the line-up drops, as said. The best way to get in there is watch the headliner in West Holts (or in that area) and then you've got the jump on everyone coming from the Pyramid and the Other.

Having said that, I just left the Foo Fighters a bit early (must have been almost the end of their set as there were fireworks going off as we walked off) last time and still got in fine.

Edited by Homer

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep another live set. And no day confirmed but I believe they’re busy both Thursday and Saturday so looks pretty certain to be Friday night. 

Although they've listed the Gig in Switzerland for Thursday, they're actually performing on Sunday (i guess, Thursday works as a placeholder in this case, just like the Wednesday for Glastonbury). That would still leave Thursday as a possibility for the Truth Stage.

I can totally see them spending two days at the site, looking at how excited they seemed to be when announcing their gig at Glastonbury a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by Stebbard

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I haven't read every page but are we thinking late night Thursday/Friday morning for the Idles slot?

They played late at Boomtown.

Consensus seems to be 1am Fri night/Sat - I've no idea why...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stebbard said:

Although they've listed the Gig in Switzerland for Thursday, they're actually performing on Sunday (i guess, Thursday works as a placeholder in this case, just like the Wednesday for Glastonbury). That would still leave Thursday as a possibility for the Truth Stage.

I can totally see them spending two days at the site, looking at how excited they seemed to be when announcing their gig at Glastonbury a couple of weeks ago.

They've been going to the festival for years as punters apparently so it seems likely

2 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

I would imagine this late Idles set will a raucous affair, but I can envisage a closure of Shangri-La due to overcrowding, causing a massive issue for the rest of the SE corner post headliner. The queues are never great anyway, I think this could actually cause some issues a-la Radiohead / Pulp at the park a few years back.

That's my biggest issue with the area tbh. With something like IDLES that's going to be predictably mental passage into and through the SEC, even if you're after a completely different area, becomes a nightmare. More than anything that's what puts me off it. Particularly if I'm a little way south of chewing the inside of my own face off.

2 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Awesome performer.

Saw him a few times last year and it was a top quality show.

Seems a well decent bloke too

Have had the opitunity to meet him/have a chat with him a fair few times now. 

Anyone that goes 'oh hey I haven't seen you since 'insert festival/place of gig here' is great in my books. 

Amidst all the understandable Gojira excitement do not overlook Venom Prison who to my mind have released the best death metal album of the year with Samsara. Samsara is an astounding record, crushing tunes, with a huge sound and great lyrics.

This announcement by Earrache is sensational, cannot wait for the mayhem to ensue.

3 hours ago, bombfrog said:

Paying £250 to go to a festival and then finding out there's a stage full of acts you're not allowed to see because of your gender.

That's absolute bullshit, I don't care how you try to spin it.

A "safe space", at Glastonbury? I've literally heard everything now.

You've never really been to the naughty corner. Stand down with your Piers Morgan style faux outrage on somebody else's behalf who doesn't give a fuck because Glastonbury has a zillion fucking stages.

We literally have a thread where people who have been going for years talk about the stages they've never got round to seeing and you're choosing to make a stand about this? Bullshit man.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 9