Shangri-La 2019

stuartbert two hats

Just now, bombfrog said:

The reaction is predictable, because it's the only correct, justifiable reaction.

I changed the actual link in my post, have a read if you would like to understand why this venue has a place at Glastonbury.

9 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

OK, in a possibly futile attempt to stop this thread spinning off the road and becoming a car crash of inter-gender politics.... just have a little listen to this and be happy that we are lucky enought to get to see this in around 56 days. 

Exactly

ive just watched Flying Whales to add to this. 

1 minute ago, Simpo said:

I changed the actual link in my post, have a read if you would like to understand why this venue has a place at Glastonbury.

I read it, but I don't agree with them. They're arguments are totally hypocritical.

I'd like to see total equality between the sexes. Equality in every area including zero gender pa- gap. I also don't want to see regressive things like single-gender venuse, because I'm not a massive fucking hypocrite.

Yayy the women-only-stage argument is back. Don't worry I read in another thread on here that no one performing there will be authentic.

That IDLES set is mighty tempting but the day set will do me I reckon, I hate queuing with a gurn.

Being an old fart, I fully expected to open this thread to find that I knew of none of the acts.  So I'm pretty impressed that I know a few and am looking forward to seeing Smoove and Turrell and the Crinkle Cuts.  

Will now go and listen to a few more.

Bring on more announcements!

I would imagine this late Idles set will a raucous affair, but I can envisage a closure of Shangri-La due to overcrowding, causing a massive issue for the rest of the SE corner post headliner. The queues are never great anyway, I think this could actually cause some issues a-la Radiohead / Pulp at the park a few years back.

Edit, wrong bands... I'm getting old.

Edited by Heartbreaker

21 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

I would imagine this late Idles set will a raucous affair, but I can envisage a closure of Shangri-La due to overcrowding, causing a massive issue for the rest of the SE corner post headliner. The queues are never great anyway, I think this could actually cause some issues a-la Radiohead / Pulp at the park a few years back.

Edit, wrong bands... I'm getting old.

The queues in 2016 were dreadful on Friday night haven't seen anything like it due to the mud. I didn't go there much in 2017. Anyone know if it was as bad/any improvements on getting into the actual area? 

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

The queues in 2016 were dreadful on Friday night haven't seen anything like it due to the mud. I didn't go there much in 2017. Anyone know if it was as bad/any improvements on getting into the actual area? 

It was better in 2017, but the weather/mud makes a hell of a difference getting in and around.