Shangri-La 2019

stuartbert two hats

10 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Is the scum stage the same as truth then? I thought scum was the new hell stage.

Hell became Truth in 2017. I imagine Scum is the new Earache Express (tube) stage, maybe?

Gojira listed under both on the main poster.

According to the guy who runs the management company that has venom prison and employed to serve on his books,  venom prison is subbing gojira. 

That's going to be one heavy night.

Made up with the poster drop, something for everyone and theres plenty that's made it on my must sees

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah certainly seems that way considering a lot of the acts in the Scum list aren’t in the Truth one, which is very good news as I really want to see both of those you’ve mentioned. Gojira is gonna be mental.

Ah turns out they were all released as Earache Record's announcement. But Denzel, Idles & Gojira are too big for the small Scum stage and are playing Truth. No biggie I'll see them anyway.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EaracheRecords/status/1123620006007328770

15 minutes ago, chatty said:

So how do they determine whose none binary. if theres a band I wanna see do I just say I am or would it work better in leopard print tights? 

Tsk. You probably could but that's not exactly the flippin point of the venue. It's meant to be a venue that is a safe space for women and non binary people, allowing the exchange of ideas and empowerment, all away from the gaze of men. So if you want to undermine and belittle all that by lying about your identity or dressing up in drag then that's up to you.

Alternatively you can respect it and just be disappointed you might not see a band you want to and get on with your life ?‍♂️

• Upvote 14

OK, I have no idea who 99% of these people are and I've never really been to the naughty corner after dark as (A) It always seems very hard to get into and (B) There's rarely anything on I'm intersted in as it mostly seems to be drum 'n' bass from what I can work out.

Having said that, I would relaly like to see Elvana, so how possible is it going to be to find out what time a particular act is on and (assuming they don't clash with any headliners) get in and out of the naughty corner to see them. Or should I just not bother?

Gojira have shows booked on the Saturday and Sunday. Any chance they could play the Thursday like Napalm Death did before? If they were to play Friday, would a headline slot on those smaller stages clash with the main stage headliners, or are they staggered?

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

So there doing another set live and not djing at night?

friday again or on another day?

Yep another live set. And no day confirmed but I believe they’re busy both Thursday and Saturday so looks pretty certain to be Friday night. 

Just now, alexmckenzie said:

Gojira have shows booked on the Saturday and Sunday. Any chance they could play the Thursday like Napalm Death did before? If they were to play Friday, would a headline slot on those smaller stages clash with the main stage headliners, or are they staggered?

Sure hope they’re the Thursday as that’d be one less major clash to have to worry about. 

6 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Tsk. You probably could but that's not exactly the flippin point of the venue. It's meant to be a venue that is a safe space for women and non binary people, allowing the exchange of ideas and empowerment, all away from the gaze of men. So if you want to undermine and belittle all that by lying about your identity or dressing up in drag then that's up to you.

Alternatively you can respect it and just be disappointed you might not see a band you want to and get on with your life ?‍♂️

Paying £250 to go to a festival and then finding out there's a stage full of acts you're not allowed to see because of your gender.

That's absolute bullshit, I don't care how you try to spin it.

A "safe space", at Glastonbury? I've literally heard everything now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

4 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

OK, I have no idea who 99% of these people are and I've never really been to the naughty corner after dark as (A) It always seems very hard to get into and (B) There's rarely anything on I'm intersted in as it mostly seems to be drum 'n' bass from what I can work out.

Having said that, I would relaly like to see Elvana, so how possible is it going to be to find out what time a particular act is on and (assuming they don't clash with any headliners) get in and out of the naughty corner to see them. Or should I just not bother?

When the full line up drops (end of this month ish) all set times will also be released.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Paying £250 to go to a festival and then finding out there's a stage full of acts you're not allowed to see because of your gender.

?‍♂️

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

The times should be published (mostly) in full along with the rest of the lineup in about a month so you can plan it in advance. Getting in and out depend entirely on when it is - it gets crazy immediately after the pyramid etc headliners have finished, but fairly quiet prior to that. The queuing system is only used between approx 11pm and 3am, can usually just walk in and out at any other time.

8 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Depends on what gender you identify as on the day

*Pokes fire*

1 minute ago, bombfrog said:

You can facepalm emoji all you want, won't change the fact that it's total bullshit.

It's really not though.  I've never taken children, so I'm not really welcome in the Kidz Field - that's a safe space for them free from gurning ne'er' do wells such as myself, who have the free run of the vast majority of the site.  Live and let live and all that.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Depends on what gender you identify as on the day

*Pokes fire*

Oh, I totally respect peoples choice to be (and identify themselves) as whatever they want. It's totally shouldn't bother anybody else.

But a female (and non-binary)-only stage that doesn't allow men in? It's everything people who believe in equality should be against. I hate it as much as I hate the idea of a golf club only allowing men in. Things like this are quite rightly illegal in most places now and sexism like this should be detested by all decent people.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1