Glastonbury Map IRL

MapsOnMaps

2 hours ago, MapsOnMaps said:

I'm working on a Mega Glasto Map for this yea and looking to crowdsource things that aren't on the official map, like names of returning food an beverage stalls.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1Fb6abza1fXbASPYUzBSvJ8u4wXxqGVKH&usp=sharing

Share to your mates! I'm hoping to do this for more festivals depending on demand.

Most excellent, you might want to change Arcadia though as it is no longer going to be  a spider.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MapsOnMaps said:

I'm working on a Mega Glasto Map for this yea and looking to crowdsource things that aren't on the official map, like names of returning food an beverage stalls.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1Fb6abza1fXbASPYUzBSvJ8u4wXxqGVKH&usp=sharing

Share to your mates! I'm hoping to do this for more festivals depending on demand.

Do you have a Twitter account or other social media? Happy to share it there. 

4 hours ago, MapsOnMaps said:

I could tell you where quite a few stalls and shops were in previous years but would have no idea if they have moved or not. Presumably you want up to date info?

3 minutes ago, cerv said:

I had a glastomap once upon a time. Sob! (it might actually be back soon so keep an eye out). But this is great work, I know how time consuming this stuff can be so well done. Maps are fun yeah?!

Bring back GlastoMap! 

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the first timer question but I wanted to check whether pedestrians are allowed to use the vehicle routes on the map.

For instance there is a road running north to south from vehicle gate 5 past Park Farm to the Tipi Village.

I'm thinking about what this will mean in terms of routes to different places based on where we might camp.

6 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Sorry for the first timer question but I wanted to check whether pedestrians are allowed to use the vehicle routes on the map.

For instance there is a road running north to south from vehicle gate 5 past Park Farm to the Tipi Village.

I'm thinking about what this will mean in terms of routes to different places based on where we might camp.

In that specific case - no, absolutely no pedestrians and strictly enforced.

That's the main access road for the West side of the site, and so is heavily used with a lot of large vehicles on it including all the tour buses and trucks for the Pyramid/Other/Silver Hayes/Park acts.

Edited by incident

3 minutes ago, incident said:

In that specific case - no, absolutely no pedestrians and strictly enforced.

That's the main access road for the West side of the site, and so is heavily used with a lot of large vehicles on it including all the tour buses and trucks for the Pyramid/Other/Silver Hayes/Park acts.

Cheers Incident, good to know in advance.

Fantastic effort - just noticed in the West Holts field an error on the bar name - Rock the Kasbar would normally be the bar at the opposite side near Glasto Latino stage and the bar you have marked as Rock the Kasbar will be the Brothers bar - unless they are changing it round this year?

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The Kasbah isn't in West Holts, it's down the path from West Holts towards Leftfield. 

Ok what's the bar called on the opposite site to brothers bar? I always thought it was called that, but point being bar name not right at mo :)

33 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Ok what's the bar called on the opposite site to brothers bar? I always thought it was called that, but point being bar name not right at mo :)

It's just called West Holts Bar isn't it?