Healthy food at Glasto 2019?

brightyoungthing2

I aim to try some of the awesome food every time I'm at Glasto.. In reality, more often than not I can't face food until 1pm, then I force myself to faceplant a pile of chips,  Pie Minister or anything slathered in melted cheese. Then it's back on the beers etc., forget to eat until the next day.. Repeat until Monday.

Now I'm getting on a bit I think I might feel a bit better post-fest if I at least *try* to get some veg in over the weekend....

It's been a few years since I've been so V interested in any recommendations for healthy-ish food places?

Suggestions??

A simple thing to do, which works for me, is to get some fruit soon after getting up and about. Stuffing a grapefruit into your face is a particularly good thing to do after a heavy night.

There are a few fruit stalls dotted round. Cheap too!

• Upvote 1

Probably have to define healthy. With the amount of walking/staggering/dancing/skipping to be done then the calorie intake needs to be higher anyway, and I guess they can come from various food stuffs

But go look for Leons in the west Holt field.

Edited by fred quimby

So many healthy-ish options to choose from. There is a veggie sushi place at William's Green. The Mezze place at the park has some healthier option. There are a couple of fruit and smoothie stalls. A lot of the veggie curries etc will be pretty healthy. There's always a good range. 

42 minutes ago, brightyoungthing2 said:

Will definitely head to Leons - thanks for the tip guys!

It's all seeds and salad and dips and stuff. One thing that's annoying is that they have two queues, a hot and cold queue. You get to the front of the wrong queue and ask for food at the wrong temperature at your peril.

8 hours ago, Simpo said:

A simple thing to do, which works for me, is to get some fruit soon after getting up and about. Stuffing a grapefruit into your face is a particularly good thing to do after a heavy night.

There are a few fruit stalls dotted round. Cheap too!

Just be careful, kids

https://www.nhs.uk/news/medication/prescription-drugs-and-grapefruit-a-deadly-mix/

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

I'm a massive meat eater but tend to eat daily in a tent near the Crossiant Neuf tent. The food is excellent value and very tasty.

IMG_2479.JPG

Ooh not tried that one. Is it in CF field?