Earplugs

Dixo

16 hours ago, alanr said:

Another thread about earplugs.

I got some of those EarDial ones - those are alright. Not as clear as the fancypants ACS filters but very acceptable and less weird than the EarPeace ones

For foam blockout ones EarsoftFX > 3m 1100 > Laser Lite >  3m Classic just on noise reduction ratings, but your comfort may vary. Poor performance is normally just not in far enough, give em a lick. Generally cruddy for listening to music tho.

I use the silicone ones every day to drown out my OH snoring and works a treat. Though, they don’t drown out any sort of bass - but can any earplugs?

My only warning for females is your hair WILL get stuck in them if it’s not tied back!

On 5/1/2019 at 1:11 PM, fred quimby said:

I actually like going to sleep to the sounds of the festival. The different swirling beats and chat that make up a white noise in the end.

Our camp does have sofas so if up too early in the morning a quick kip on them is lovely

Me too but my better half is a snorer and keeps me awake at the best of times. If I’m finding it difficult to get to sleep after a full on night his snoring will make it even worse. I can’t believe I’m actually contemplating war plugs this year but I am. And an eye mask. 

My usual advice in Ear Plug threads applies:

Wash/Sanitise your hands before inserting. An ear infection is like a toothache in a pain too close to the brain type of way. You don't wanna be gettin' one of them. Can also lead to lifelong problems.

Sorry to get all Debbie Downer there.

I've tried loads over the years and have never actually found a preference. Need some specifically for sleeping this year as volunteer campsite is close to South East Corner. I may be placed in a space with a stage and though they tend to supply adequate ones I don't want to rely on it.

Would I get shot down for suggesting that certain venues don't really need to have the volume up to possible permanent aural health damaging levels? (I'm really thinking of my locals Karaoke here. So loud it's physically painful).

I'm maybe getting older and more Grandpa Simpsony these days, though he famously said "TURN IT UP!" didn't he. Secret Drum & Bass fan I reckon.

If you can fall asleep to music and with the extra bulk headphones are another option.

I'm going to bed now. Can everyone just please shut the fuck up.