Cheese at Glastonbury

Rufus Gwertigan

On 5/20/2019 at 10:41 PM, Beerqueen said:

We were tempted but you have to book.  No way can I guarantee to be somewhere at a given time at a festival.

You don't have to book at all, passing trade is welcome, we have never booked & enjoyed many a time there .

4 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

At least you've got the yoghurt to cool it down!

I once had a lad I knew ask if he could stay at my house, after he'd ran off with another woman, from his wife. I wasn't comfortable with this arrangement, but went ahead with it. Anyway, I knew the wife too. In next to no time she was tugging at my arm asking me for sex. I never gave in. And the reason was that the bloke said never, ever, eat my yoghurt in the fridge. The reason was because he had to dip his laddy in to it, to prevent thrush, which this lady was a carrier of.

I guess that I'm going to get a lesson on thrush now, but am not sure.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I once had a lad I knew ask if he could stay at my house, after he'd ran off with another woman, from his wife. I wasn't comfortable with this arrangement, but went ahead with it. Anyway, I knew the wife too. In next to no time she was tugging at my arm asking me for sex. I never gave in. And the reason was that the bloke said never, ever, eat my yoghurt in the fridge. The reason was because he had to dip his laddy in to it, to prevent thrush, which this lady was a carrier of.

I guess that I'm going to get a lesson on thrush now, but am not sure.

And thus a username was born

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

And thus a username was born

Oh, very good. Very good indeed. :)

Unfortunately not accurate, in my case, though. My user name was brought about by the need for something not already taken. Well that, and what went through my mind when challenged by pre-taken user names.

There, you have extracted the reason behind my user name from me. By God, but your good. I feel like I'm going to be singing like a canary soon!

40 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've just seen the error of my ways. Maybe I was thinking about yer man's pecker when I came up with my username!? 

All I can say in my defence is 'Not my type'!

Haha are you going to be at the meet? id buy you a pint I always enjoy you're posts ?

9 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Haha are you going to be at the meet? id buy you a pint I always enjoy you're posts ?

Hello Madyaker,

Unless I fluke it via a competition, then I'll not be at the efests meet this year. A rather annoying fact, to be honest. I can kind of deal with missing the rest of the festival, but not that. Would love to hook up with the people off here. I had my major chance a couple of years ago. Long story, but I blew it. That said, I've been to a few meet ups - hence the desire to go to more.

Have a cracking Glastonury, and meet up.

All the best. :)

7 hours ago, jimbo68 said:

You don't have to book at all, passing trade is welcome, we have never booked & enjoyed many a time there .

Really? When we went last year we were certainly given the impression that they didn't have any space and that we were naive to expect to just be able to turn up. It may have just been a busy time but it put me off trying again.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread has inspired me to take a selection of cheeses and crackers (maybe some preserves) to Glastonbury this year, but how to transport them, should I stick to hard cheeses or cheeses in wax? I'm going to assume we'll be eating them on the Wednesday night but still, I don't have a cool box or anything (and even if I did I'm trying to keep the weight of my belongings down). Any bright ideas?

16 hours ago, bombfrog said:

This thread has inspired me to take a selection of cheeses and crackers (maybe some preserves) to Glastonbury this year, but how to transport them, should I stick to hard cheeses or cheeses in wax? I'm going to assume we'll be eating them on the Wednesday night but still, I don't have a cool box or anything (and even if I did I'm trying to keep the weight of my belongings down). Any bright ideas?

Soft cheeses with a rind like Brie or Camembert go really well. They go all soft in the heat. I also am taking a tupperwsre box filled with olives and sun-dried tomatoes. I prefer crusty bread rather than crackers.