Cheese at Glastonbury

Rufus Gwertigan

8 hours ago, Waapster said:

The Toast Office?

Could be? I’ll be honest I have no idea what it’s called, just that their cheese and tomato toasties were great.

edited to say now I’ll be very disappointed if it isn’t called that. Brilliant!?

Edited by MilkyJoe

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

A squidge of cheese and ham primula between two ritz crackers. Ladies and the gentlemen: The Savoury Oreo.

I did mention the primula and ritz combo in my OP. It was a staple midnight snack in my army days. Apart from Gingsters pasties the NAAFI sold sod all else 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 6:48 AM, jimbo68 said:

Shame Cheezy Vinyl Bar won't be there then, always give them a visit or two at Bearded Theory 

Image result for cheezy vinyl bar

We were tempted but you have to book.  No way can I guarantee to be somewhere at a given time at a festival.

On 5/20/2019 at 10:41 PM, Beerqueen said:

We were tempted but you have to book.  No way can I guarantee to be somewhere at a given time at a festival.

People do book but you can walk straight in if there's room. I've just had a lovely toasted cheese breakfast there. 

Double checked with them and they are definitely not at Glastonbury - too expensive for a pitch. 

4 hours ago, Havors said:

I think im taking a nice Cambozola, some crankers and some of this amazing stuff.... 

ghost chilli blueberry jam

It is without doubt the most amazing thing you will put in your mouth at glastonbury... :D 

Wow where’s that from? I’m going for a ridiculously creamy Gorgonzola from my local village deli. It’s bloody amazing! 

2 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

Wow where’s that from? I’m going for a ridiculously creamy Gorgonzola from my local village deli. It’s bloody amazing! 

It's made in north wales and I get it in Chester or Liverpool from food market or speciality shop. But you can order it online from Amazon or from https://www.patchworkfoods.com/product/ghost-chilli-blueberry-jam/ they do lots of flavours with different chillis... the Habenero one is lovely too... but the blueberry jam is just amazing. 

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

It's made in north wales and I get it in Chester or Liverpool from food market or speciality shop. But you can order it online from Amazon or from https://www.patchworkfoods.com/product/ghost-chilli-blueberry-jam/ they do lots of flavours with different chillis... the Habenero one is lovely too... but the blueberry jam is just amazing. 

It’s all about the pâté from there.

Just now, HeyPorter said:

Must remember to pop there when I’m next in Ruthin, always forget about the place. 

I met the owner at Conwy food festival one year. Where I used to live our local deli stocked their pate and did special orders for Christmas. Sadly don't have a local stockist anymore and buying the amount of pate you would need to buy to justify delivery prices just isn't good for somebody trying to be healthy! 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I met the owner at Conwy food festival one year. Where I used to live our local deli stocked their pate and did special orders for Christmas. Sadly don't have a local stockist anymore and buying the amount of pate you would need to buy to justify delivery prices just isn't good for somebody trying to be healthy! 

Haven’t come across it for a while, usually a Christmas hamper of it about once a year in the family but yeah that’s the only time we order it and it definitely all goes. 

19 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Amazon is like £5 a jar with free delivery.... its £5 a jar in the shops so not too bad. They do great set of 5 different jams for £15 on their market at Chester each xmas

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Nice! Will look into that. Think we need a cheese corner at Glastonbury combined with appropriate music

3 hours ago, Havors said:

Which shop in Liverpool? In the Baltic Market?

18 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

This thread (and boredom) made me look for hot chutneys. Here's one that might interest some;

Image result for very hot chutneys

https://acornpreserves.com/index.php/chutneys-and-relishes/

Ooooo that looks nice. I can imagine a robust blue cheese will go with that but have no idea what wine will pair with it. 

8 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Ooooo that looks nice. I can imagine a robust blue cheese will go with that but have no idea what wine will pair with it. 

You could try a French Chateau d'Yquem, Sauternes at an average price of £359 a bottle;

https://www.wine-searcher.com/food-wine-4-blue-cheeses

Remember though, you can't bring in glass bottles, so you'd have to decant it in to an old coke bottle!