Cheese at Glastonbury

Rufus Gwertigan

16 hours ago, Quark said:

Puns aside, a decent cheese platter from a stall with a glass of red or even (heaven) a port would absolutely finish me off. Is such a thing available anywhere? Somewhere in green fields @morph100?

Raclette will obviously happen, as will Anna Mae's Mac n Cheese and quite probably a toastie or two, but that's not the same as a board...

I have often considered taking a bottle of Port to GF (decanted of course) but i know it will only end up one way, me deciding some cheese and port for Wednesday lunch would be a nice start to the festival and ending up face down outside the tent by mid afternoon. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Happy to be of assistance, as I too know what it's like to have a cheese based joke obsession. I have actually valiantly refrained so far on this thread.  I actually used to send a cheese based joke every fortnight or so to a cheese maker, who I didn't even know. I just came across his email address, and simply couldn't help myself. I never got a reply. Not even a 'Fuck off, you're not funny' response.

This would explain why Alex James hasn't come back to Glastonbury

1 hour ago, GMF said:

I have often considered taking a bottle of Port to GF (decanted of course) but i know it will only end up one way, me deciding some cheese and port for Wednesday lunch would be a nice start to the festival and ending up face down outside the tent by mid afternoon. 

I took a bottle I brought back from my hols in Portugal with me in 2014, got it out my bag at around sunrise Saturday morning at the Hell Stage, I was only with my mate but the bottle got passed around everyone around us, was gone in minutes!

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Oh I never said it was a bad thing. Sounds bloody lovely :D

It really was. We've cut down on cheese a lot this year as pert of my healthy eating and my husband being told he has high cholesterol but now god I so want a cheese toastie!!

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It really was. We've cut down on cheese a lot this year as pert of my healthy eating and my husband being told he has high cholesterol but now god I so want a cheese toastie!!

You have no idea. I thought reading the general food thread was bad enough on a diet. This thread is fucking killing me.

• Like 1

Just now, Quark said:

You have no idea. I thought reading the general food thread was bad enough on a diet. This thread is fucking killing me.

At least then we can say next month we'll be on the farm and then I'll need those extra calories for all the walking and dancing so cheese toasties will be mine!!!! 

Years ago Worthy Farm did their own commercial cheese called Glastonbury Festival and you could even get it in the supermarket if you could find it. Not sure whether it was actually manufactured on the farm (or may have just been made from their dairy herds milk). Tasted just like an average cheddar tbh.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:08 AM, MilkyJoe said:

Rudimentary editing skills on my phone but I’ve kind of marked the spot. Turn right after Williams Green and head past entrance to Kidz and Accoustic/Cinema and it’s on the right heading away from the site. Fresh Bakery next door too.

EA5D7FB8-AB42-4BAB-8BD1-E2A13D57A8FD.jpeg

The Toast Office?

As much as I love the culinary cheese, I was disappointed that the conversion hasn't so far turned to the musical equivalent! 

Club de Fromage at William's Green (normally post-midnight on the Friday night) is one of the most enjoyable experiences after a day of serious music and is the perfect antidote to the SE corner if banging house, dnb, techno, and massive crowds aren't your thing and you still want to party and have a non pretentious singalong! 

Wheel of Four Tunes on Sensation Seekers from Thursday to Saturday has the potential to fulfill all your cheesy/multi-genre needs with plenty of stage banter and an active encouragement to leave all musical pretentiousness at the door!