Cheese at Glastonbury

Rufus Gwertigan

Well we have got to mention the important stuff we need to take, cheese. I have already sorted out a few for my first day on the Wednesday, A lovely Guyere, a sharp Cheddar, a creamy Brie and a blue cheese like Gorgonzola. All the cheeses stand up to the warm well and soften well. However they will only last a day or so in the heat. I am looking for a a good session cheese. One that will keep its firmness and not sweat over the weekend. I am thinking a nice Lancashire or even a Wensleydale.

But what about biscuits you ask. I am thinking baguettes with water crackers and maybe add some olives. There will obviously be Primula with Ritz crackers for that midnight snack (an old army thing)/ So bst cheese guys, preferably from Tesco.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Mr Reallife says a waxed cheese may keep better for the last days.  For Sat he has gone for a Camembert for spreading on a sturdy Rivita, possibly seeded.

Remember there is usually a raclette stall.

Cheese covered me thinks.

Puns aside, a decent cheese platter from a stall with a glass of red or even (heaven) a port would absolutely finish me off. Is such a thing available anywhere? Somewhere in green fields @morph100?

Raclette will obviously happen, as will Anna Mae's Mac n Cheese and quite probably a toastie or two, but that's not the same as a board...

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

It has to be Worthy!! :)

Available via https://www.worthycheddar.co.uk/

Worthy cheddar.jpg

1 minute ago, baggienick68 said:

One year they were selling cheese sandwiches from by the cider bus which were made from milk from Michael's cows. They were lovely.

That would have been Worthy Cheddar, his daughter Juliet runs the company. :)

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Puns aside, a decent cheese platter from a stall with a glass of red or even (heaven) a port would absolutely finish me off. Is such a thing available anywhere? Somewhere in green fields @morph100?

Raclette will obviously happen, as will Anna Mae's Mac n Cheese and quite probably a toastie or two, but that's not the same as a board...

Greenpeace near the boat where they had all that nice bread did a cheese board but in 2017 they just had one type of cheese rather than the platter.