Trying to find the name of a band...

hiddengem

A post in here the other day got me thinking about on of my favourite Glastonbury memories ever, and it reminded me of a band I saw but didn't get the name of. I'd love to see them/hear them again so I thought it worth asking here on the slim chance someone knows who I'm on about. (I'm aware it's a very slim chance)

It was on the Wednesday of 2014, (25th June) and was on the Croissant Neuf bandstand. They possibly had a slightly Ska kind of vibe to them and sang a song that said "knees up!" a lot. The crowd went absolutely crazy for them and we all went from having a chilled afternoon to dancing and just having one of my favourite ever moments at Glasto. It was quite early in the afternoon I think. My searches so far have been unsuccessful, as the full line up page on the website for that year doesn't list the croissant neuf bandstand...did they maybe call it something else that year? 

If I could find a line up from that day I could go through them all until I found the right one, but I can't seem to get hold of one. The page on this forum was also fruitless - https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2014/croissantneuf.shtml

The only other info I have is that this video was taken either shortly before or after, as I remember seeing this too. 

Really grateful for anyone's help, as it's been annoying me for a long time.

Gem x

31 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

It wouldn't be Will and the People would it?  They were playing there that year - I saw them in the Bimble Inn at about 1 in the morning and they were great - probably the highlight of that year for me,

This was my immediate thought when I read the post.

@Simsy @deebeedoobee @BL1ND T1G3R No luck so far, but thank you. I think it must have been someone doing the open mic at the start of the day... I had a really enjoyable evening listening to all of these though!

I managed to find a 20 second video of them on an old computer (I'm dedicated to finding this band!) so I might upload that somewhere and start the search again. 

20 hours ago, hiddengem said:

A post in here the other day got me thinking about on of my favourite Glastonbury memories ever, and it reminded me of a band I saw but didn't get the name of. I'd love to see them/hear them again so I thought it worth asking here on the slim chance someone knows who I'm on about. (I'm aware it's a very slim chance)

It was on the Wednesday of 2014, (25th June) and was on the Croissant Neuf bandstand. They possibly had a slightly Ska kind of vibe to them and sang a song that said "knees up!" a lot. The crowd went absolutely crazy for them and we all went from having a chilled afternoon to dancing and just having one of my favourite ever moments at Glasto. It was quite early in the afternoon I think. My searches so far have been unsuccessful, as the full line up page on the website for that year doesn't list the croissant neuf bandstand...did they maybe call it something else that year? 

If I could find a line up from that day I could go through them all until I found the right one, but I can't seem to get hold of one. The page on this forum was also fruitless - https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2014/croissantneuf.shtml

The only other info I have is that this video was taken either shortly before or after, as I remember seeing this too. 

Gem x

This sounds like me trying to get Alexa to play certain tracks. #totalfail

21 hours ago, hiddengem said:

Gem x

This for me sumons up the Glastonbury atmosphere, everyone having a great time to a jungle book song - sending it onto a newbie :-)