(Rumoured) Bands yet to be announced

Jack.194

(Please someone tell me if there is a thread similar/the same as this one and I will promptly delete)

I've been looking for somewhere to general discuss bands rumoured to be playing + updates as time goes by on these.

I've heard Courteeners and Fat Boy Slim (surely must appear somewhere) and Foals mentioned a lot recently. Anybody got any info?

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I expected them to be on the Avalon line-up, so i'm a bit doubtful about it now.

The tip should have been good tho, so perhaps they're on another stage.

Maybe they'll be one of those Thursday acts (like East 17 a few years ago). My sister used to make me listen to Bros when we were kids, it brings back traumatic memories

Just now, wilko8 said:

Is the Foals - R and upgrade from nothing, or a downgrade from SR?

it's a recent new entry as an 'R'.

It's probably deserving of an 'SR' really, but I had doubts initially cos the source said they were in chicago but their IP traced to London (they contacted me again later, from an IP in chicago).

Just now, eFestivals said:

It's probably deserving of an 'SR' really, but I had doubts initially cos the source said they were in chicago but their IP traced to London (they contacted me again later, from an IP in chicago).

What was the info? An announced set (like possibly a missing sub for The Cure) or a secret set? Or just that they were gonna be there?

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

What was the info? An announced set (like possibly a missing sub for The Cure) or a secret set? Or just that they were gonna be there?

that saturday is the day to see them. Nowt more.

(from how it was said to me, it might have been said to my source in a more 'nudge nudge' type of way, but that was the gist of it).

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Still think Orbital are playing? 

25 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Be interested to see where they fit, given Other headline is gone on the Saturday..

As has been predicted on here for what seems forever, its gotta be a secret set. If they’re thinking of repeating the John Peel one from 2017, this is your band for that, or any other significant TBA or mystery act.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

As has been predicted on here for what seems forever, its gotta be a secret set. If they’re thinking of repeating the John Peel one from 2017, this is your band for that, or any other significant TBA or mystery act.

That was Sunday though, guess they could change it up this time

There is a small chance I have to leave Sat night/Sunday morning (compromise with pregnant wife) - I have had a premonition that The Strokes will play a secret set on the Sunday. I'd be pissing mortified if I missed that. I'm only thinking it as that's when Killers did theirs... I suppose The Libs one was the Friday (?) so I'll cling onto that instead!

Ello you lovely lot. Taking a much needed break from my shitting PhD write up - can't wait to be rolling around in the mud pretending that doesn't exist!

Any thoughts on Bombay Bicycle Club? They announced their comeback in Jan.

@Stokesy10 I couldn't bear risking it and just bought an All Points East ticket. I think it's bloody mad that they haven't played Glasto, I just dunno if they give enough of a shit to do a smaller set but maybe! Either way, I hope you don't miss it! Edit: Congrats on your soon-to-be parenthood!

Edited by woyski

3 minutes ago, woyski said:

Ello you lovely lot. Taking a much needed break from my shitting PhD write up - can't wait to be rolling around in the mud pretending that doesn't exist!

Any thoughts on Bombay Bicycle Club? They announced their comeback in Jan.

@Stokesy10 I couldn't bear risking it and just bought an All Points East ticket. I think it's bloody mad that they haven't played Glasto, I just dunno if they give enough of a shit to do a smaller set but maybe! Either way, I hope you don't miss it!

Oh shit I'd forgotten about BBClub announcing that! I'd give anything to hear them play the 1st album in full!

Strokes - I know, it is criminal they haven't played. Praying they turn up on Fri or Sat.

Edited by Stokesy10