Ticket dispatch date

Ayrshire Chris

2 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

I'm always baffled when people can never find their stuff, apparently it's really unique to be organised :P Also when camping/travelling, I always keep everything in the same place and in a 1-m perimeter around my bag, too afraid to lose something. But I get it, organisation takes time, time you often think is better spent differently :lol: 

I'm pretty organised. I have Glastonbury boxes as well for things that we only use for Glastonbury. 

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I always get my ticket what feels like earlier than most people. Not sure if See Tickets being in Nottingham has anything to do with that, or if it's just luck. 

ive often thought that we are last because we are in Somerset .... wonder if there is any logic to the order they are sent out ...

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive often thought that we are last because we are in Somerset .... wonder if there is any logic to the order they are sent out ...

Maybe they just send them via carrier pigeon all at the same time so it's directly related to how far away you live? Or how athletic your pigeon is?

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

We have a ticket drawer. I highly recommend it as before we implemented this system I could never remember where I put them but now we put them in there as soon as we get them and always know where we are with them. If we buy any print at home tickets we do that straightaway as well. Although now I occasionally buy tickets with Dice and give myself a heart attack wondering where the tickets are until I remember. 

We also have The Ticket Drawer in an old desk. Used to get into a mess before that and could never find tickets. In date order too!!!! Now other family members have the same although am not sure about date order!!! Glasto tickets usually lie on the top tho as very satisfying and makes me smile to open the drawer and see them!!! Xx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dillyblue said:

We also have The Ticket Drawer in an old desk. Used to get into a mess before that and could never find tickets. In date order too!!!! Now other family members have the same although am not sure about date order!!! Glasto tickets usually lie on the top tho as very satisfying and makes me smile to open the drawer and see them!!! Xx

Yes sometimes when we have a lot going on I put them in date order as well. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yay!! Once you have your ticket then you know Music Christmas is really coming. Seems to be going quite quickly this year as well. Don't know if it's the regular announcements or just my life but this year is flying by. 

I felt like January, Febuaray, and March this year took a torturous amount of time... I was working like a crazy person and was properly stressed out (probably for the first time in my life). Now I feel like I'm behind on all of my planning, and time is just flying by! Im happy everything is happening now though, I just need to pull up my socks and plan everything out and then I'll feel a bit better. 

1 minute ago, MetaKate said:

I felt like January, Febuaray, and March this year took a torturous amount of time... I was working like a crazy person and was properly stressed out (probably for the first time in my life). Now I feel like I'm behind on all of my planning, and time is just flying by! Im happy everything is happening now though, I just need to pull up my socks and plan everything out and then I'll feel a bit better. 

must be all those late nights on efests :) 

1 minute ago, MetaKate said:

Actually now that I think about it January may well have been longer than the whole rest of the year. It was the month that never ended but it has flown since then. Hope your work is a little less crazy now and if you are still busy just take solace from the fact that you'll be on the farm before you know it. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

must be all those late nights on efests :) 

? I'm always up late, efests or not... the issue right now is that 9am BST (which is when the announcements typically are) is 2am for me! Getting an announcement before bed is so much better than waking up to one that already been out for 7hrs. 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Actually now that I think about it January may well have been longer than the whole rest of the year. It was the month that never ended but it has flown since then. Hope your work is a little less crazy now and if you are still busy just take solace from the fact that you'll be on the farm before you know it. 

Work is so much better now. Im back to working normal hours with a normal workload, and the residual stress has finally dissipated! Now ive got a conference in 2 weeks, my brother is visiting in 4 weeks and then I leave for Europe June 13! Im super excited I just need to switch gears and start planning!

• Upvote 1

I’d really like to receive my ticket down here in Melbourne to travel with, but the only time I opted for international postage was a miserable experience. Special Delivery with Royal Mail doesn’t mean shit once it’s left the UK. It then becomes as important as any other letter, plus Given international folk have to leave their homes sometimes well before the festival, See Tickets left it way too late and I was frantically checking the mailbox with just a week or so to go before my departure. 

I ended up calling See, and the risible Australia Post who make the Royal Mail seem super efficient, and  concluding that the ticket is for some reason stuck in customs at Melbourne Airport. I got See to cancel the ticket and arranged to pick up another at the box office next to PGA. 

On the same day, having had that conversation, my ticket actually arrived. In the end I just used the original one, even though See said they’d cancelled it. Nobody said anything at the gate - they just scanned it to ensure it was an original and checked my likeness with the photo. 

But it was a stressful experience, so I now just get it sent to my parents in the UK and pick it up before I head off on Wednesday morning. It sadly means I’m unable to post pictures of my ticket and I on the way to England, like I did here in 2014. 

94D55E0A-C6E7-4217-A752-1DA0F48CEF5D.thumb.jpeg.333dcb3494eb85fdf7764986dd593af3.jpeg

6 hours ago, dccool said:

That seems way earlier than I remember it. Would be nice to get sent them that early to calm the nerves 

Very early sure it's normally a couple of weeks before we go .And those panicky threads were it says 70 % of tickets sent and u still haven't had an email...

18 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’d really like to receive my ticket down here in Melbourne to travel with, but the only time I opted for international postage was a miserable experience. Special Delivery with Royal Mail doesn’t mean shit once it’s left the UK. It then becomes as important as any other letter, plus Given international folk have to leave their homes sometimes well before the festival, See Tickets left it way too late and I was frantically checking the mailbox with just a week or so to go before my departure. 

I ended up calling See, and the risible Australia Post who make the Royal Mail seem super efficient, and  concluding that the ticket is for some reason stuck in customs at Melbourne Airport. I got See to cancel the ticket and arranged to pick up another at the box office next to PGA. 

On the same day, having had that conversation, my ticket actually arrived. In the end I just used the original one, even though See said they’d cancelled it. Nobody said anything at the gate - they just scanned it to ensure it was an original and checked my likeness with the photo. 

But it was a stressful experience, so I now just get it sent to my parents in the UK and pick it up before I head off on Wednesday morning. It sadly means I’m unable to post pictures of my ticket and I on the way to England, like I did here in 2014. 

94D55E0A-C6E7-4217-A752-1DA0F48CEF5D.thumb.jpeg.333dcb3494eb85fdf7764986dd593af3.jpeg

I send parcels, letters to my family in New Zealand on a regular basis , always used tracked and signed for. They can take a week but on occasion it’s been up to four weeks for no apparent reason. I wouldn’t take the risk. As you say once it leaves the U.K. they can get stuck in transit, put on the wrong plane etc etc.