Secret glasto

Razza_bezza

Hi guys so every year we have the secret glasto account giving us ideas of hidden sets, I have it set up to my phone to get txt alerts and twitter alerts but I can’t for the life of me remember how to set it up, and my mate who’s never been before wants it setup, can anyone give me the heads up of how to do it, mainly txt alerts as he doesn’t really use twitter

thanks in advance

raz

Hi! I'm not a big twitter user but I think I've just managed to get tweet alerts set up for Secretglasto.

In the top right corner next to the Following/Follow button there are 3 dots. Click on that, click on 'Turn on mobile notifications' and then go through the steps to set up your mobile. This should just be entering your mobile number, then Twitter send you a verification code which you enter and submit.

Hope that helps! :) 

12 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

Doesn't it take the excitement of a secret set away? 

Probably, but it’s not compulsory to use it. Besides, it’s not exciting if you don’t know anything about it until after it’s happened. :)

Anyone know if it's possible to get tweets sent to your phone via text? My festival phone doesn't have internet. In 2017 I used something called something like IFTT, but I only got about 3 texts before it wanted me to pay (which I didn't know as I had no internet...).

8 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

Anyone know if it's possible to get tweets sent to your phone via text? My festival phone doesn't have internet. In 2017 I used something called something like IFTT, but I only got about 3 texts before it wanted me to pay (which I didn't know as I had no internet...).

Zapier. Very simple to set up and works a treat.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It does a bit to be fair.  But arguably not seeing a set takes quite a lot of the excitement away too.

That's also part of the excitement isn't it? Should I risk missing band a to see who else is playing over there

I'm not belittling the service by any means, perhaps it's just a generational thing... I like the risk. 

I used Zapier last time round and it worked perfectly. Didn't head to any of the sets myself (in fact I walked away from John Peel) but was able to pass on info to a few friends who went.

To those saying it ruins the surprise: yes, but I'd rather know it was happening than find out I missed it. 

All in all I'll be subscribing again if it's running :)

• 3 years later...

I set up a Twitter account & zapier the first year that secret glasto was a thing.

I’ve never used twitter and have long since lost the log in details to my account and to zapier, but the sms have always come through regardless. Just looked at the Twitter feed and there were a couple of posts on 26 May that I didn’t get an sms for. 

Do you know if the people running it plan to do sms this year? 

12 minutes ago, wilko8 said:

I set up a Twitter account & zapier the first year that secret glasto was a thing.

I’ve never used twitter and have long since lost the log in details to my account and to zapier, but the sms have always come through regardless. Just looked at the Twitter feed and there were a couple of posts on 26 May that I didn’t get an sms for. 

Do you know if the people running it plan to do sms this year? 

Your Twitter account could have expired if not logged into for however long, or likewise your Zapier account.

Try to log in to Zapier, check that the Zap still exists and is turned on, and look at the run history - it'll tell you for example if it failed to authenticate with Twitter.

• Like 1