Resale of cancelled tickets

tracy1974h

26 minutes ago, tracy1974h said:

Does anyone know if tickets cancelled up till the 3rd May after the resale go on sale anywhere?

If it happens it is not announced, though in 2016 GF did say it was happening after it started.

As said above in 2017 it never happened.

If it does happen it could happen any day after the 3rd but normally in the following couple of weeks.

• Upvote 1

They have done in the past (but not last year)  in very limited numbers and not announced anywhere.  They go on sale on the usual webpage and I believe there is a checkpage thingy that sends an alert when the ticket page changes.

Though sometimes cancelled tickets gets absorbed elsewhere by the festival so there is no guarantee that there will be a secret resale.  There wasn't one last year and I'm not optimistic there will be one this year

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

If you looked back through the posts you'd see the fevered excitement in here followed by widespread disappointment.

Yup, I was one of the determined / obsessive / insane people last year.  May and June were a rollercoaster of emotions and I'm not sure I would ever put myself through that again.

TBH, if you're determined to go, you would have more success with trying to get a volunteering place than pinning your hopes on a resale that may not happen.

If any secret resale takes place at all I expect it to be for an extremely low number of tickets as time elapsed between the resale and final ticket cancellation is very short. Even shorter than in 2017 I believe, when there was no secret resale.....Not giving up absolutely 100% totally but resigned ?

• Like 1

As a veteran of the non 2017 secret resale it’s hard work pinning your hopes on it. My advice if you’re going to go down this route is to have checkpage set up and never be too far from your device. It may or may not happen but when and if it does it won’t last for more than a couple of minutes at best.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tracy1974h said:

Thank you for the replies, does anyone know how you set up the page alert by any chance

So frustrating as we have a girl in our group that needs to cancel her ticket and a fella that needs one  :( 

You can subscribe to the page alert system on here:

https://www.checkpage.co.uk/

Alternatively you could set up your own. If you do subscribe to one be prepared for many false alarms. IF a secret resale happens and you don't react almost instantly then the chances are you've missed it.

• Upvote 1

i hope there will be a secret resale, put one back in the pot for 2017 and it really annoyed me that it didn't go to anyone else. Put one back again this year (so far) and i really hope it gets used properly. Was very tempted to offer it to someone after the 2017 experience.  Would have been nice to get a definitive answer about 2017 and  hope that something has changed. Good luck!