CV fields - how strict are the checks?

Penrhos

My T2 is in a state where it may not get to it's 4th Glasto...

So my only options are to car/camp and ditch the CV ticket.

Or fit a tow-bar to the small car I have and take a trailer-tent, folding caravan or micro/small caravan or Pod/teardrop caravan.

Do they allow trailer-tents or pods in the CV fields as that would be the cheapest option?

I had a trailer tent for years - possibly the best festival accommodation I've had.  Used to fold down to next to nothing and was stored in mother in law's garage.  When you put the awning up and then the extension to the awning you have a  great social area.  Very light and easy to tow and pretty cheap to pick up second hand.

Result - there's a couple for sale within 30 miles for less than £500 - the T2 looks like it'll need more than double that spending on welding, track-rod ends, carbs, exhaust....And then I'll need to tax / insure it too...

13 hours ago, Penrhos said:

Result - there's a couple for sale within 30 miles for less than £500 - the T2 looks like it'll need more than double that spending on welding, track-rod ends, carbs, exhaust....And then I'll need to tax / insure it too...

a T2 at less than £500 will only good for spares.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

a T2 at less than £500 will only good for spares.

There's a couple of trailer tents for sale for < £500. My 78 T2 needs new exhaust, welding on engine bay (battery tray), new ball joints & bearings on front suspension, carb rebuild, servicing - just to get through MOT, then I'll need to tax it - so £1000 at least.