"I'm never, ever doing that again!"

Woffy

12 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

2015. Croissant Neuf Tent. Nizlopi.

The crowd are asked to take a seat on the ground while the singer walks to the middle of the tent. There, he acoustically sings a lovely song about a loved one that’s passed away. There is silence and tears from the seated and peaceful crowd.

I’m furious, as during this moment someone’s phone starts to ring. Right as I was about to allow myself to cry! We’re all looking about to see who the douche is that’s ruining this moment. Who even has their phone on loud, anyways?! 

Holy shit. It’s me. 

I struggle to get my phone out my shorts pocket. I’m panicking. The singer is looking at me. The whole tent is looking at me it feels like.

I’ve ruined the moment. 

So, never again will I not double check my phone is on silent. 

This has happened to me during an important sales pitch in a board room setting. Just thinking about it now makes me feel sick. 

13 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

2015. Croissant Neuf Tent. Nizlopi.

The crowd are asked to take a seat on the ground while the singer walks to the middle of the tent. There, he acoustically sings a lovely song about a loved one that’s passed away. There is silence and tears from the seated and peaceful crowd.

I’m furious, as during this moment someone’s phone starts to ring. Right as I was about to allow myself to cry! We’re all looking about to see who the douche is that’s ruining this moment. Who even has their phone on loud, anyways?! 

Holy shit. It’s me. 

I struggle to get my phone out my shorts pocket. I’m panicking. The singer is looking at me. The whole tent is looking at me it feels like.

I’ve ruined the moment. 

So, never again will I not double check my phone is on silent. 

• Upvote 1

In 2017 I stuck my head in to a long drop and shouted to my mate about three  doors down " Help Help ive fell in and a I cant get out"

Then breath in before I took my head out, an stupid thing to do at the end of the day, but my mate did say it  funny sitting in a long drop and  seemly hearing a voice shout  up to him. I felt a twat tho.

2 hours ago, keepad said:

In 2017 I stuck my head in to a long drop and shouted to my mate about three  doors down " Help Help ive fell in and a I cant get out"

Then breath in before I took my head out, an stupid thing to do at the end of the day, but my mate did say it  funny sitting in a long drop and  seemly hearing a voice shout  up to him. I felt a twat tho.

The horror of putting ur head in a long drop I imagine it's a smell that's with u forever 

Climbed on the Stonehenge style toilets in the Stone Circle in 2007 to take in the view after a few scoops. Tried to climb down, fell backwards and broke both wrists. I didn't know until I went to the hospital a week later but should have realised by the amount of pain I was in.

In my late teens and early twenties I found it absolutely no bother not sleeping or eating for the first two nights and having a few hours on the Firday, then getting back at it. I tried this again the last two years and both times I have failed miserably. I am now willing to accept I NEED at least 4/5 hours sleep each night and to eat breakfast and dinner. This year I not be staying up for days and not eating.

Also the usual caning it on the Wednesday and Thursday and being left with little drink and bits for the rest of the festival, having to then spend many hours trying to sort some out. Wasted time at a place like Glasto so this year I shall be slowly building myself up to the Friday.

I will definitely do it, I swear.

EDIT: this thread, the food thread and various Glasto related videos have now got me pumped for the shenanigans to come! How will I get through the next month and a bit?

Edited by alframsey

I will never again abuse the privilege of discovering a random tipi with some relaxed, rhythmic drumming happening in it, by drunkenly grabbing a bongo from god knows where, and attempting to join in by overlaying the lovely, tribal beat with my own layer of 'drum and bass'.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I will never again abuse the privilege of discovering a random tipi with some relaxed, rhythmic drumming happening in it, by drunkenly grabbing a bongo from god knows where, and attempting to join in by overlaying the lovely, tribal beat with my own layer of 'drum and bass'.

Hahaha, that has properly made me laugh. We’ve all been there, brother.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I'm still dumbstruck by men not being able to stop mid-pee. I feel educated.

We can stop, it just takes a bit of effort. I was told to practice doing it from a young age so that I didn't regularly piss myself when older.

I'm only 38 but it's worked a treat thus far. I'll report back after the 70th anniversary fest on how I'm getting on if you'd like.

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

Christ yea, I did this up at the stone circle after doing loads of whiz very late on the Saturday night and woke up Sunday 11am with bleeding swollen fingers, oh the pain lasted for about 2 weeks.

Edited by Cooter

13 hours ago, kalifire said:

Love to have seen this

"I'll take your brain to another dimension" lol

13 hours ago, kalifire said:

9 hours ago, Cooter said:

Christ yea, I did this up at the stone circle after doing loads of whiz very late on the Saturday night and woke up Sunday 11am with bleeding swollen fingers, oh the pain lasted for about 2 weeks.

Mate of mine with absolutely zero prior experience of any pharmaceuticals joined in on the Big Easy Jam after his first smoke.  Found himself one of the big under-arm bongos and a single stick, and just marched up and down the front of the stage twatting it with absolutely no sense of rhythm, either his own or with the band behind him.  Glorious stuff. 

• Upvote 2

Anyway, I will also never ever....smirk and giggle at the long welly skidmarks on the very muddy adverse camber heading down the hill of death towards PGC, because to my kids hysterical uncontrollable laughter I then went arse over tit and very nearly broke both legs and my right hip....again!

Edited by Cooter

4 hours ago, BlackZeppelin said:

I will never set up my tent and wander into the festival and imagine that I can

1. Remember what my tent looks like

2. Remember which field I set up in.

3. Imagine that I will somehow manage to acieve 1 & 2 12 hours later in the dark and stoned.

Same here.

Camped in oxlyers a few years back and only went to the gents and spent about 2 hours trying to locate a blue tent. My other half heard a desperate voice in the distance shouting has anyone seen a blue tent and had to get dressed and come and find me. She wasn’t happy.

10 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Same here.

Camped in oxlyers a few years back and only went to the gents and spent about 2 hours trying to locate a blue tent. My other half heard a desperate voice in the distance shouting has anyone seen a blue tent and had to get dressed and come and find me. She wasn’t happy.

Every time I walk through Oxylers there are always desperate shouting voices in the distance!

OK, confession time then, on the needing a pee front... and I am ashamed.

3 of us, one a massive Stones fan, she decides at about 5pm to make her way to the front. Me and my mate, at the back, close to the cider bus say bollocks to that. Many, many ciders later, I decide to see how far forward I can get - no pushing just walking through spaces, and I get right to the front, right behind my mate who is on the barrier. Primal Scream just finish. I have the vague feeling that I need a wee, but hey, I can hold on.

There's a massive wait, the blokes around me also holding on (except the big dude next to me, wearing a beer can holding hat, drinking loads - we surmised he had a secret travel john or a bladder the size of his legs). We're now committed, there are about 5 blokes all agree not to pee, it's wrong but we're all pretty desperate. Then, the 3 women next to us all decide to take it in turns to pee.

At that point I discover: (a) I can fill more than a pint cup; (b) swapping pint cups mid stream isn't clever; (c) spilling said cup swap on my mate (female) didn't endear me to her; (d) spilling on the clowns sat on chairs at the front is justice; (e) security don't accept cups of pee.

So, in your pocket, have a travel john - or a comfort bottle in your bag. Either way don't pee on the land.