"I'm never, ever doing that again!"

Woffy

I’ll never do a quick run to the car park on the Sunday evening to drop a few bits off and move the car closer to an exit.   Did this in 2016.  Left for the car parks around 6pm.  Loaded car, and thought I’d move it from east to west car parks as we were tented closer to west side.  Car got stuck in mud twice, and had to get a tractor tow out.  Drove around pilton, got lost/diverted in the mist, wasn’t allowed in west car park and got sent back to east.,   Got stuck in mud again,  and got back through pedestrian  gate around 10.30. Running in heavy 2016 boot sucking mud....  Dropped sack trolley off at lockup and Made it to west holts in time for Earth Wind and Fire’s Encore. ??

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

That’s quite mean of him. Are you still friends?

Yes still friends. Can't see him coming Glasto again though. Would not mind, I was absolutely freezing under that hut in the blues. Dj Luck and MC Neat were not the best either unfortunately. Lesson learnt.

1 - going halves on a crate of stella before putting up the tent

2 - having too many pints of scrumpy at the cider bus before putting the tent up 

3 - trying to run through security at 3am to get into the SE corner and the subsequent trip to the medical tent the next morning to have both knees stitched up after being tackled to the ground by security

1 minute ago, wilko8 said:

1 - going halves on a crate of stella before putting up the tent

2 - having too many pints of scrumpy at the cider bus before putting the tent up 

3 - trying to run through security at 3am to get into the SE corner and the subsequent trip to the medical tent the next morning to have both knees stitched up after being tackled to the ground by security before putting the tent up.

Fixed for you ;)

• Upvote 6

Never buy a German army poncho when you’re 5’2” - the long drops are impossible to negotiate safely in mud and torrential rain.

Don’t get arseholed on Wednesday*

Don’t drink skunk punch (at the old Hummingbird cafe) for breakfast, with Brothers festival strength cider as a chaser. It made the rain go away though...

*this will be ignored. Again.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

What was that then?

I had some chilli and discovered I am horribly allergic to mushrooms!  I'd never eaten them before as I never liked them - turns out my body knew more than it was letting on.  Lesson learned though, seek immediate medical attention if it ever happens again!

3 minutes ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

I had some chilli and discovered I am horribly allergic to mushrooms!  I'd never eaten them before as I never liked them - turns out my body knew more than it was letting on.  Lesson learned though, seek immediate medical attention if it ever happens again!

Shite, happened to a friend of mine. Used to be a chef and never had a problem with mushrooms, then one day he checked a mushroom sauce and woke up in hospital. I'll keep my breakfast mushroom & cheese crepe away from you :)

I cant say I'll never get pissed off at my friends lame music choices and run off into the crowd. Although I shouldn't have done it the night to follow was one of magic. 

But this year I plan to go where I want when I want and am not going to be influenced by the wanting of staying with friends. 

I'll NEVER follow the above mentioned friends into a mudpit of doom. Especially since they're tall and agile and I'm short and clumsy.

I'll never forget to pack the herb on Wednesday and have to wait for my friend to bring it Thursday. 

I think this is the year I've finally got shit figured out!

• Upvote 1

1. Never again have a curry every day, to realise you’ve no chance on the Sunday night in negotiating the path over unseen tent wires without diving into the mud, and reaching the loos on time. And repeat hourly till dawn. 

Then wake up and wonder why the tent smells so bad. And then leave the tent to realise the smell has followed you.

2. Never accept responsibility for anyone else. It’s selfish but it always gets in the way of the full festival experience.

3. Never park the CV on an uphill slope to the exit. Then it rains. You’re never getting out in a hurry!

4. Never drink so much pear cider at Brothers Bar in your cow outfit, then think it’s funny to get down on all fours and chew the grass.

3 hours ago, funkyuk said:

I’ll never do a quick run to the car park on the Sunday evening to drop a few bits off and move the car closer to an exit.   Did this in 2016.  Left for the car parks around 6pm.  Loaded car, and thought I’d move it from east to west car parks as we were tented closer to west side.  Car got stuck in mud twice, and had to get a tractor tow out.  Drove around pilton, got lost/diverted in the mist, wasn’t allowed in west car park and got sent back to east.,   Got stuck in mud again,  and got back through pedestrian  gate around 10.30. Running in heavy 2016 boot sucking mud....  Dropped sack trolley off at lockup and Made it to west holts in time for Earth Wind and Fire’s Encore. ??

my friend did similar ... although he didn't even leave the carparks ...he lost more than half the day .. and had to get towed out anyway in his smart car ... but not very smart move 

For us of a certain age drink a few pints before finding yourself in the middle of a crowd before a headliner . When nearest toilet is miles away.  An hour or so is a hell of a long time when ur desperate . 

Saying that I still didn't learn my lesson and had to discreetly refil my pint cup during the foo fighters set ...

Having worked for the Glade since it started in 2000, and having reached a ripe old age, I will never, ever go to Glastonbury again as a punter. I love it, I’ve been coming since 1982, but I need the onsite vehicle access and other perks the job brings to really enjoy it like I always have. Sorry but there you go. One of these days I’ll quit but hopefully that’s a long way off, and by the way, my job’s already promised to another.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bza said:

Never getting on the red wine and weed in the sheer volume I did in 2004.

Had been invited into a tipi to watch a folk band play the most beautiful and delicate music. The heat of all the people in the tipi made me start to head towards a whitey. Knew I wasn't going to get out in time and didn't want to disrespect my hosts by throwing up over their tipi. (the floor was covered in a very intricate looking handmade tapestry) 

In my addled state and sweaty haste I decided to put my mouth down my jumper and vomit thinking I could pool it in said jumper and try to sneak out.

It didn't work... 

Probably my most shameful moment at Glastonbury. 

Genuinely made me laugh this, fair play

1 minute ago, Bza said:

Had been invited into a tipi to watch a folk band play the most beautiful and delicate music. The heat of all the people in the tipi made me start to head towards a whitey. Knew I wasn't going to get out in time and didn't want to disrespect my hosts by throwing up over their tipi. (the floor was covered in a very intricate looking handmade tapestry) 

In my addled state and sweaty haste I decided to put my mouth down my jumper and vomit thinking I could pool it in said jumper and try to sneak out.

It didn't work... 

Genuinely made me laugh this, fair play

4 minutes ago, Bza said:

It didn't work... 

I've done a lot of things but puke into my own jumper is one that's still to be ticked off. 

Hats off to you for trying to respect your hosts even if it didn't work.

9 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Correct. Drinking the right thing is key. I’ve been a big advocate on here of White Russians for breakfast. Been wondering how the ban on plastic bottles being sold on site will affect getting a hold of fresh milk though? 

Gin and grapefruit juice for brekkie, beautiful stuff.

11 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

K holed outside my tent one night. Could hear people laughing and kept picturing myself wriggling around in the mud being laughed at like on them videos. After a while I’d accepted my fate that I had finally gone insane and this was it for the rest of my days trapped in my head. 

Finally came around after what felt like a lifetime and crawled into my tent.

Horrendous. 

This is what happened to me the one and only time I took ket, never again.

I've never really ruined myself at Glasto, I think I got most of that out of my system by the time I got around to attending.