Stages you have never seen someone

FuzzyDunlop

35 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Same - a huge problem for me in the SE corner is the bathroom situation. You can be queueing for a little bit to get in, then there's no bathroom inside. Usually the case of asking one of the security nicely and being allowed back in.

Am I doing it wrong..?

You can usually get back in. I mainly go to The Temple. Top tip: When you come off the railway track, if there is a big queue, just walk around the back and there is another entrance that no one ever knows to walk around to. Always has a tiny/no queue!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Beat Hotel - that's another.

I went in love bullets at about half an hour before it shut last year. Good soundsystem

I have an irrational hatred of any stage that is an absolute ballache to clean. I rank them accordingly. Love Bullets is the worst closely followed by the Beat Hotel and anything in Silver Hayes. After that it's the Other. Foolproof.

Tough! The Other Stage has probably got the best potential to be consistently okay all day!

If you want to know where to go to chill in the daytime when there is nothing better to do, I'd say The Park and West Holts.

Edited by Homer

1 hour ago, wairey said:

Sorry to hijack the thread but it's got me thinking. It's my first time at Glasto this year and my question is this: if you were to spend your entire festival at one stage, where would you be? 

I see more acts on the Pyramid than anywhere else but I couldn't do without West Holts.

2 hours ago, Hawros said:

Same - a huge problem for me in the SE corner is the bathroom situation. You can be queueing for a little bit to get in, then there's no bathroom inside. Usually the case of asking one of the security nicely and being allowed back in.

Am I doing it wrong..?

By headliner time I usually just dial down to spirits drink-wise - helps a lot on that front!

1 hour ago, wairey said:

Sorry to hijack the thread but it's got me thinking. It's my first time at Glasto this year and my question is this: if you were to spend your entire festival at one stage, where would you be? 

Based on the line up so far... Avalon!! 

I think over the years I’ve seen acts at most of the stages/tents across the festival.

Seem to time things right in that we’ve never queued to get in anywhere at Glastonbury (& that includes the Rabbit Hole and also that weird Cocktails & Dreams place that appeared for a couple of years!), we usually turn up at the SE corner mega late so you can wander in anywhere and have a gander. Done most of T&C/ Avalon/ Cabaret on lazy Sundays, done Greenpeace/CN on awesome weds/thurs eves, and the Glade & Park (& crows nest) are my initial go to places after the main stages shut each night. 

However I’ve never been to the piano bar, and listening to the reports of its current incarnation I’m not sure I want to bother! Haven’t been to the new Strummerville either but did see a hilarious libertines/charlatans/klaxons super band with about 10 other people in its old location!

if I had to spend my entire festival at one stage? Gotta be West Holts, their line up is usually worth the entrance fee alone ?

Toad Hall's ace.

1 hour ago, wairey said:

Tricky.  It would be a toss up between The Park and Avalon.

Are we talking area or stage? So if I was in Avalon would I include the Avalon Cafe? And in The Park would I get Bimble Inn, Stonebridge Bar etc?

EDIT: realising it's your first time that's probably an unfair question! :lol:

Edited by Quark

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Toad Hall's ace.

Tricky.  It would be a toss up between The Park and Avalon.

Are we talking area or stage? So if I was in Avalon would I include the Avalon Cafe? And in The Park would I get Bimble Inn, Stonebridge Bar etc?

EDIT: realising it's your first time that's probably an unfair question! :lol:

Haha let's go with Areas! The excitement is building with each day at the moment

4 minutes ago, wairey said:

Haha let's go with Areas! The excitement is building with each day at the moment

If it's areas then definitely Park in that case.  Better food selection than Avalon (even allowing for Avalon Cafe), get the view from the hill, great variety on the main stage, beer, cider and cocktails at the Bimble and a bit more of a mix at Stonebridge. Plus Baggy Mondays on Thursday. And when it goes right the Nig Easy Jam can be absolutely glorious.

So I'm not taking the piss completely I'll limit it to main stage, Bimble and Stonebridge :)

my list is incredibly long now I think about it ... I suppose my early years were spent at the main stages mostly .... but im yet to see a park act .... go to the temple ...piano bar .... NYC downlow ... rabbit hole ... up the ribbon tower ... mostly things that involve a queue ... but determined to knock the park,  ribbon tower and rabbit hole of the list this year .. should be easy location wise ... but these things never quite come to fruition :) 

maybe not easy as originally thought ... the rabbit hole is moving of course !!

Edited by crazyfool1

Never been to: Croissant Neuf, Toad Hall, Babylon Uprising, Crow's Nest and never seen anything in the Theatre & Circus area. Even though that's where I camp, cabaret and that kind of thing isn't my scene. Not when there's an array of world class musical acts on offer everywhere else, at least.

There are some places I've only been once like NYC Downlow and the Rabbit Hole that I plan to revisit this year. In fact, I fully intend to sack off all Friday night main stage headliners (unless something unexpected is pulled out of the bag at the eleventh hour) and head to the former to get my discotech on. I've come to the conclusion that my 9th Glastonbury is going to be dedicated to many of the smaller stages.

I found the Underground Piano Bar a bit "meh".

The Ribbon Tower is an essential visit at least once. Sunset on the Sunday in 2017 whilst Sampha was playing was a joy.

I want to fix the fact I've never been to see a band on the Crows nest. 

Never spent any time at night at green fields area, but think it might be a cool after hours area (let me know if I'm mistaken in that) so would like to make the effort to go there too.

I've never been to the piano bar either, but I'm not fussed. Something like that must be amazingly cool to stumble across with no pre knowledge. But I spent ages determined to go to the rabbit hole secret bit and when I finally managed it, I was totally underwhelmed.

As others have said, no point spending ages queueing when you turn out to not find whats on at the point you get in that interesting.

Got a pretty varied taste in music so reckon I've been to most of the music stages. Find the south east corner a bit too crowded for me at night and normally tired myself out during the day so there is possibly lots of it I've not seen.

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

So far this is me too.

Me too. This works well for me as I usually make Friday and Sunday my go large/Naughty Corner nights anyway (my mate introduced me to a one night on, one night off policy which I've ben rather impressed with).

Edited by Homer

Anywhere that you have to queue for ages is pretty much out for me. There's enough good stuff that don't require you to queue for me to spend time hanging about in a queue. I think I have seen an act on most stages even if it's just kind of walking by most of them. Silver Hayes is probably my least frequented area and I've never actually seen anything at the crow's nest mainly due to the queuing thing.