Stages you have never seen someone

FuzzyDunlop

This will be my 8th Glastonbury. I plan on doing a few "new" things. Which are probably old to other people.

I have never been up thr ribbon tower, but to be honest, I wont be arsed this time either.

Specifically stages. I want to see soneone at that I have not yet: Stonebridge Bar, BBC Introducing, The Leftfield, The Rabbit Hole, The Underground Piano Bar, The Temple, The Cave.

Anyone else got a list of stages to yet  visit?

• Like 1

All in Shangri-La apart from Hell and Earache Express, all in Silver Hayes apart from The Gully and BBC Introducing. All in Block 9. All in The Common apart from The Rum Shack though I have seen wrestling in The Temple (shite), I also wandered into the new bigger Temple last time, something dreadful was happening so I quickly left. Glasto Latino. Love Bullets, that other terrible space stage by the Glade.

From the main list, it's not as comprehensive as I thought it was, Rabbit Hole most obvious one I've yet to get into:

Main stages 11/11

Silver Hayes 7/7 (surprisingly!!)

Park 3/6

Block9 2/4

Common 3/3

Unfairground 1/3

Shangri-La 7/8 (I think)

Green Fields 8/10

Theatre & Circus 19/19

Glade 2/4

Other 9/11

All the places you have to seem to have to queue to get in to: NYC download, The Temple, Rabbit Hole (although, granted, I also haven't seen anyone in the bit you don't have to queue to get in to), piano bar. I even spent ages finding the Piano Bar last time before it had opened, but when I went back there was a queue and I sacked it off.

I've also never seen anything in:

Avalon - which judging from the lineup, will definitely change this year

The Crows Nest - I've been here, but not seen any bands

Toad Hall - where even is this?? I have no idea, but I want to find it

Any of the T&C areas

There's probably more, but I also know that I've found myself in places without knowing the name of it. Didn't realise that Stonebridge Bar was what it was until 2017, but I'd spent a fair bit of time there the year before. Also came across Strummerville by accident one night in 2016, although I can't remember if there was anyone playing at the time tbf

Like @FuzzyDunlop, I really want to check out the smaller areas this time. Need to commit a few days to checking out the bands in the smaller venues when the full poster drop happens I think.

I may even queue if I think it's worth it!

Edited by Sasperella

Never got into any of the block 9 venues, the rabbit hole, the temple, Silver Hayes except BBC Introducing and many more. This will be Glastonbury No7 for me and it is quite frightening how many venues I have not watched an act at. I crossed the Acoustic and Croissant Neuf off my list in 2017, will endeavour to tick a couple more off this year, in particular the Crows Nest

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This will be my 8th Glastonbury. I plan on doing a few "new" things. Which are probably old to other people.

I have never been up thr ribbon tower, but to be honest, I wont be arsed this time either.

Specifically stages. I want to see soneone at that I have not yet: Stonebridge Bar, BBC Introducing, The Leftfield, The Rabbit Hole, The Underground Piano Bar, The Temple, The Cave.

Anyone else got a list of stages to yet  visit?

The Cave is a bit of a novelty but not much else. It looks better from the outside than in! It's usually just got loads of really rough jungle on. I usually just pop in on the Thurs for a bit. 

Definitely got to go to The Temple. I reckon the best late night stage, along with Arcadia.

The first one that sprang to mind for me was The Crows Nest. I've walked past it during talks in the daytime, but never seen a gig there.

I've tried finding the Rabbit Hole in the day and failed (it is open in the day, right?), and I don't even know where to start with the piano bar. Actually, I've never made Strummerville either.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I don't even know where to start with the piano bar.

Do you know where the stone dragon is? If you're in the dragon field, just go up the tree line from the entrance to the stone dragon to the top of the field. I found it on Wednesday and went back on Thursday, and both times there was a metal rail infront of the entrance. The first day a woman told me that they hadn't finished it in time and were being told to take it down. The second time, a guy assumed I was staff and then when he realised I wasn't, said they hadn't finished it yet. I went back on the Friday (I think) and it was open but there was a queue. The prime time to go would have been when I was hanging out at the Stone Circle around 4.30am one morning, and I totally forgot about it. This year! If it's there....

• Upvote 1