Where to camp- Thursday arrival close to CV East

CeriG

We are arriving by coach Thursday and staying in the camper van east with friends.

we have friends arriving on the Friday and we have said we will put up their tents on the Thursday so they have a half decent pitch.

opinions on best place to pitch their tents that will....

a) have spaces still on Thursday.

b) not too far from camper an east

Or would you advise to pitch their tent somewhere else that is on route from coach drop off? 

Realistically there isn’t many places to camp that are near CV east. 

I think I’d be bashing their tent up pretty close to Gate A in any case (that’s probably what will be left on Thursday too). 

Make sure your friends in the CV fields  take as much of your kit as they can - it’s one heck of a trek cross site! 

Very sound advice on getting your kit bought by friends in CV East. My daughter arrived at the bus station one Thursday and i walked from CV East to meet her.. it took an hour.

Would your Friday friends not want to stay in CV East too.? You could take their gear also and pitch their tent with you.?

Thanks Guys,

Our friends are taking all of our stuff in the camper. All we need to take are our other friends tents.

It's looking like Pylon or bushy ground I think. We can meet centrally I suppose.

Id love them to be able to come with us but our friends camper is far too big to pitch a tent behind unfortunately.

3 hours ago, CeriG said:

Thanks Guys,

Our friends are taking all of our stuff in the camper. All we need to take are our other friends tents.

It's looking like Pylon or bushy ground I think. We can meet centrally I suppose.

Id love them to be able to come with us but our friends camper is far too big to pitch a tent behind unfortunately.

That doesn't seem to matter these days. Everyone has plenty of tents next to their vans, and it seems acceptable to the stewards to do so. Some people build entire ruddy tent cities round one van , making it an arse to get between vans at times !

5 hours ago, BeddyDriver said:

That doesn't seem to matter these days. Everyone has plenty of tents next to their vans, and it seems acceptable to the stewards to do so. Some people build entire ruddy tent cities round one van , making it an arse to get between vans at times !

I can vouch for this... last time we had : a caravan with full size awning, a campervan with gazebo, 2 x 4 man tents and 2 x 2 man tents...

and we do put up the windbreakers to create a ruddy tent city that you cant walk thru :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, CeriG said:

Really? I thought that you could only pitch a tent BEHIND the campervans, not next to campervans.

It would be much better if they could stay with us.

You will be fine, just make sure you tell the steward who parks you up that you have an awning etc so you have space for the tent. :)

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

You will be fine, just make sure you tell the steward who parks you up that you have an awning etc so you have space for the tent. :)

Thanks - So we would be fine with 2x 3 man tents do you think?

22 hours ago, CeriG said:

Really? I thought that you could only pitch a tent BEHIND the campervans, not next to campervans.

It would be much better if they could stay with us.

It's always been between vans for us, and not behind, therefore leaving a space in front and behind each van as a fire lane. There's supposed to be space between each van but that gets fitted with tents etc.

the fire lane tends to be between two lines of vans i have found.... although it can look pretty random..

image.png.466f86ca7cc4e6d1b88ee49d52537a60.png

If i were you @CeriGI would have Friday friends tents (and stuff) transported in the camper along with your stuff and tell the CV driver(s) to ask stewards to leave enough room for awning/tents... They could always pitch one of the tents to fill the space if they get twitchy (how many people/tents are you talking about.?)

Thursday and Friday friends then  have to carry nothing other than gifts (some say exotic decanted alcohol) for the transporters... ?