Worthy View Arrival

terryaanderson

48 minutes ago, terryaanderson said:

Hi all,

First time doing Worthy View this year. Just wondering if anybody has experience of entering on the Wednesday morning for gates opening? Is it smooth? Any need to get there for midnight and wait in the night like the normal queues?

cheers!

How are you getting there ?

41 minutes ago, Ryanp1993 said:

Im the same, we are getting the coach And should be there in the early hours of Wednsday.

I should have added that there may well be queuing if you arrive before the time you are officially allowed to enter the place. The security checks and searches will slow down the getting in process any how as they might well search everything that you are taking in. Its need less to say of me not to take any glass items in. There should be a separate re entry queue once you have your wrist band.

2 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Getting in has only been easy in the three times I’ve done it (4th time coming this year).  

Car: we just drove in about 930am.  Parked up easy (car park right next to entrance) got our stuff, maybe waited 20 mins max in the queue for wristbands.

Thats the plus side of bringing your car,  you can keep going back to it and leave any excess alcohol in there.

• Like 1

Just now, marathonsteve said:

Thats the plus side of bringing your car,  you can keep going back to it and leave any excess alcohol in there.

Exactly - couldn’t be closer could it?

Makes the opening day relaxing as a couple easy trips back and forth and like you say, really simple to pop back.  Love the place.

6 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

Theres quite a few lock ups on the main site.

Yep, was hoping not to have to trail down to Pennards to get stuff but I'm sure I can work out

1 hour ago, GlastoEls said:

Not wholly actually. 

Watch the signs carefully. They do send out instructions prior.

I actually missed turn off last time ended up in traffic . They tend to have stewards sitting on junctions with small signs u can miss them 

56 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

I actually missed turn off last time ended up in traffic . They tend to have stewards sitting on junctions with small signs u can miss them 

2016 we missed the turn off from the main road from Glastonbury to pilton. Seems the sign had fallen or been knocked over. Ended up heading for the main site and having to do a u turn. Once in the country lanes you just have to watch out for signs. It would be better if WV actually printed a simple map rather than just say follow the signage.

1 hour ago, crocodiles said:

The first two years we went there were no stewards at that critical junction where you have to turn.  It may have improved since then but thats where they should be. 

17 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Not wholly actually. 

Watch the signs carefully. They do send out instructions prior.

19 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

There are signs as you get near but not that many. When we went there, some one was selling cider half way up the steep hill as you drive up.

Thanks For the tips guys, no doubt I will end up the complete wrong direction! :lol:

• Like 1

We stayed WV in 2017, but this time we are giving a lift to a friend who is staying in the main festival. Is there a shuttle from WV to the festival? I know there is one the other way round... If so, where exactly is the shuttle? 

• Upvote 1

Camped there a few times.   Never had a problem finding it.   Queues are nothing compared to what you get on the main site.   The only issue was 2017 in the heat.  Even a 10minute queue was a bit much in that. 

Getting away is ridiculously easy on a Monday.