Theatre & Circus Fields

filmguy

25 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Ha! Poor use of tense! The FF sarnies were a life saver in 2016

Hmm were they real fish fingers, as in recognisable frozen style ones or the more poncy ones you get in some pubs which seem to be mini fish fillets?  Served in bread, rolls or baguettes?  Mayo obviously?  Tell me more.

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Hmm were they real fish fingers, as in recognisable frozen style ones or the more poncy ones you get in some pubs which seem to be mini fish fillets?  Served in bread, rolls or baguettes?  Mayo obviously?  Tell me more.

Proper normal fish fingers. Served in bread or a roll. Choice of ketchup, mayo or tartar.

8 hours ago, Keithy said:

Proper normal fish fingers. Served in bread or a roll. Choice of ketchup, mayo or tartar.

There's also the option of adding a potato waffle to the sandwich....

You could have a vegan friendly potato waffle sandwich?

9 hours ago, Keithy said:

Vegan fish fingers are available, so hopefully this stall would supply them as demand should be there. They'd not be the home made poncy sort though.

Various announcements on Facebook the past weeks:

Dubbed 'the King of Clowns' by the New York Times, Chris Lynam rolls out his wild comedy on Glastonbury Festival Sensation Seekers Stage daily and he'll be on stage in Glastonbury Cabaret Sunday evening. 
#TheatreandCircus #SensationSeekers #LIFEISACABARET#Glastonbury2019

Come see the Beautiful and Hilarious harmony, The Lounge KittensSaturday and Sunday at Glastonbury Cabaret !! #LIFEISACABARETTheatre and Circus Fields #TheatreandCircus

ANNOUNCMENT!
The Cabaret Tent brings you RSVP Bhangra FRIDAY early evening workshop, learn your Bhangra steps for performance on SATURDAY early evening.
Theatre and Circus Fields #LIFEISACABRET #TheatreandCircus

We are delighted that BAFTA award-winning comedian Jo Brand is returning to the Glastonbury Cabaret stage for the first time in about 30 years. 
Jo will be doing a Q&A with Leics Comedy Festival Founding Director Geoff Rowe on Sunday 30th June at midday. Hear about Jo’s career, which has ranged from appearances on ‘Let’s Dance for Comic Relief’, ‘Splash’, ‘Have I Got News For You’ and ‘The Great British Bake Off – An Extra Slice’ In 2019, Jo was awarded the Legend of Comedy Award at Leicester Comedy Festival. #TheatreandCircus#LIFEISACABARET

We have an ANNOUNCEMENT !! 
Saturday, Inventive Poet LUKE WRIGHT will be gracing the stage at the Cabaret tent! ? #LIFEISACABARET #TheatreandCircus @lukewrightpoet @glastocabaret @glastotandc @glastofest

We bet there'll be no shortage of volunteers when the SandMan takes the stage at The Astrolabe with his fast-paced musical comedy hypnotism show Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 
#TheatreandCircus #GlastoAstro #Glastonbury2019

The genre-splitting, foot-stomping New York Brass Band will be back on the Outside Circus Stage every day over the weekend. #TheatreandCircus#OUTSIDECIRC

Fancy some bubble action? You can catch up with the Magical Musical Bike as it cruises around our fields each day.#TheatreandCircus #WalkAbouts#Glastonbury2019

This spectacular display from Aqua Rhythm is coming to our fields folks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBOaRqPiGWA&feature=youtu.be 
#TheatreandCircus #Glastonbury2019

The gravity-defying Nadia Lumley is returning to Glastonbury Festival Circus Big Top this year. Here's a wee clip from her stunning 2016 performance. #TheatreandCircus #CircusBigTop
#Glastonbury2019

Welcome back to LEKIDDO - Lord of The Lobsters! who'll be performing at Glastonbury Festival - Summer House T&C #TheGateway and #ALittleMoreSensation. Put lobsterliciously into your vocab! 
#PinchyPinchyKissKiss 
#GlebeLand #BellasField #TheatreandCircus #Glastonbury2019

Returning to The Astrolabe this year, Russian physical theatre company Blackskywhite Theatre presents the world premiere of their new show 'Big House, Small House'. The photos are of 'La Llorona' from last time. #TheatreandCircus #GlastoAstro #GlebeLand #Glastonbury2019

More: 
Described by one reviewer as "a disturbingly brilliant comic who plays his crowd like the conductor of an orchestra," Paul Currie Comediantook home Best Show in the Comedian's Choice Awards, Edinburgh Fringe 2018. 
Paul Currie will be on stage at Glastonbury Cabaret and on The Pavement and A Little More Sensation risers over the weekend. He sure had the crowd with him at Mavericks - Glastonbury Festival last time.#TheatreandCircus #LIFEISACABARET #Glastonbury2019#ThePavement #ALittleMoreSensation

We are happy to ANNOUNCE! British Comedy Award Winner Ventriloquist Nina Conti will be joining us Friday evening at the Cabaret tent!
#LIFEISACABARET Theatre and Circus Fields #TheatreandCircus

We are thrilled to be taking our Horse Puppet to Glastonbury Festival Glastonbury Festival (official) Glastonbury Festival - Walkabouts T&C this year... we will be doing Walkabouts in the awesome Theatre & Circus Fields.

Late afternoon Friday and Saturday, Cabaret tent brings you Lords of Strut . Ripping it up across the Irish and international festival scene since they first squeezed themselves into spandex. Bringing you Funny, Freaky and Banging dance routines! Their unique brand of comedy, dance, acrobatics and what the hell are they doing has been delighting and confusing audiences in more than 25 countries for 10 years!
I THINK I GET IT NOW... STUPIDLY FUNNY" Simon Cowell 
TRULY SUBVERSIVE" New York Times
#LIFEISACABARET Theatre and Circus Fields #TheatreandCircus

World leaders in LED performance and the inventors of Pixel-Poi®, Feeding the Fish present their show Kaleidoscope late evening Friday,Saturday and Sunday at the Cabaret Tent. Visually outstanding, the act combines laser manipulation, tightly choreographed dance and Pixel-Poi® graphics to create an unforgettable audience experience.
Feeding The Fish - Pixel-Poi & Light Juggling Performance #LIFEISACABARETTheatre and Circus Fields #TheatreandCircus

We are really looking forward to BINGO BANGO BONGO every afternoon here at SSS HQ! Can anyone upstage this understated outfit? 
Click the link to head over to Bingo Bango Bongos Facebook page! 
⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://www.facebook.com/bingobangobongoshow/

? ANNOUNCEMENT ?
ABANDOMAN AKA Rob Broderick is going to be gracing us with his presence at Sensation Seekers Stage! ???

An absolute must see!

Click this link ➡️
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5dNsjYeePl4

Ireland’s finest hip hop musical comedian is back. Using his trademark blend of audience interaction and razor-sharp improvisation, Rob will take you on a magical journey, transforming the audience’s likes, loathes and daydreams into hit songs and captivating tales.

Abandoman has consistently sold out at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival since 2010; is a winner of Hackney Empire New Act of the Year, the Musical Comedy Awards and Best Comedy Newcomer at the Adelaide Fringe; has headlined comedy stages at Latitude, Reading and Leeds, performed in the house band for Alan Carr's Happy Hour on Channel 4 alongside Craig David, played the part of Dictionary Corner in 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, as well as supported and toured with pop behemoth Ed Sheeran.

“Wildly funny and technically incredible” ★★★★★ The Age (AU)

“Clever, quick-witted and audacious” - THE SCOTSMAN ★★★★

“Broderick has us in the palm of his hand from the minute he starts until the very last mic drop” ★★★★★ Broadway Baby

“Flight of the Conchords meets 8 Mile” ★★★★ Chortle
#glastonbury2019 #sensationseekers

To be honest I'm a bit perturbed by RSVP Bhangra and Lords of Strut at the Cabaret stage. Cabaret was always a nice place to go mid afternoon when a bit knackered to see something funny or weird and have a nice sit down. Interactive dance acts don't really fit well with that.... (Astrolabe and Sensation Seekers always covered the audience participation type stuff well I think).

39 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

To be honest I'm a bit perturbed by RSVP Bhangra and Lords of Strut at the Cabaret stage. Cabaret was always a nice place to go mid afternoon when a bit knackered to see something funny or weird and have a nice sit down. Interactive dance acts don't really fit well with that.... (Astrolabe and Sensation Seekers always covered the audience participation type stuff well I think).

Maybe they'll be on later in the day. There does seem to be some new acts around there this year as well as some old favourites (love you Lounge Kittens!!)

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:46 PM, DeanoL said:

Returning to The Astrolabe this year, Russian physical theatre company Blackskywhite Theatre presents the world premiere of their new show 'Big House, Small House'. The photos are of 'La Llorona' from last time. #TheatreandCircus #GlastoAstro #GlebeLand #Glastonbury2019

There goes my sanity then

• 1 month later...
On 01 May 2019 at 5:47 PM, MrZigster said:

I don't think The Astrolabe will be big enough for Jonathan Pie.

Yes. I am quoting myself. It overflowed. Bloke next to me left pre show to get drinks for him and his Mrs and wasn't allowed back in.

Felt really sorry for the proceeding act. Bojangles.

A properly impressive proper string quartet. Who also dance and jump about. Who also are basically putting on a whole play they've written and rehearsed (along with the being a string quartet and dancing thing). Only to be ignored by pretty much the whole tent who were only there waiting for Pie. I was so impressed by them. 'twas a bonus.

Pie was enjoyable but nothing new script wise really.