Secret act 2019

Jake9502

19 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

I reckon Blur.

Albarn already there and Blur popped up with a secret gig in London earlier this year.

They only did a couple of songs with Damon at another gig, if anything it’s more likely they’ll join him at TGTBTQ’s set rather than do their own.

Still think BLUR is scrawled in massive red letters across 2020 on Albarn’s yearly planner.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

someone contacted me overnight to say they spoke to foals last night in chicago, and that they're playing somewhere on the saturday.

However the person is using a UK IP address.

So it's probably a porkie.

If they were there is some kind of work capacity then it’s highly possible they VPN’d back to the UK? 

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They only did a couple of songs with Damon at another gig, if anything it’s more likely they’ll join him at TGTBTQ’s set rather than do their own.

Still think BLUR is scrawled in massive red letters across 2020 on Albarn’s yearly planner.

Think he's just got to squeeze out four new albums in the meantime.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's possible, tho I reckon unlikely in this particular case.

Can't see the festival 'investing' super heavily in Foals after their Pyramid set was a bit lame (pun intended - as per).

Edited by Homer

18 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

@mr flow is pulling double duty and returning after his sterling job in 2017. Although everyone who ran it in the past still helps out with the thread.

Looking forward to it! It's the closest i can get to Pilton at the moment, and a fun way of still getting involved with the festival, and hopefully helping people keep up to date with any potential sneaky sets. :)

17 hours ago, Homer said:

Doesn't really seem to be The Strokes' style to do a secret set for no money at a festival they have no affiliation with sadly. Would love to see them though -  I seem to be one of the few people on here that actually likes them!

tenor.gif?itemid=7774171

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that's what they say was the case, in a msg they've just sent me that traces to Chicago.

So I guess it's kosher after all.

This would be fantastic news!! .... I know there's obviously a long way to go with the full line up, but it would seem bizarre if Foals & Doves weren't there this year. Fingers Crossed.

21 minutes ago, Franco Baresi said:

This would be fantastic news!! .... I know there's obviously a long way to go with the full line up, but it would seem bizarre if Foals & Doves weren't there this year. Fingers Crossed.

Where does the Doves info come from? Was really hoping they'd appear on the final poster :(

6 minutes ago, mickmcmicklemick said:

Where does the Doves info come from? Was really hoping they'd appear on the final poster :(

Ah no sorry mate, no Doves info, i'm just saying that I was surprised that them or Foals weren't on the first poster.

Sadly, one of the band members has posted on Insta that they aren't playing at Glasto.

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

My money's on Stereophonics. 

I had asked their PA if they were playing at GF this year, she said they are not. Obviously I know that could be lies, but she'd be more likely to just not reply at all if they were and she wasn't able to say.

3 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

I had asked their PA if they were playing at GF this year, she said they are not. Obviously I know that could be lies, but she'd be more likely to just not reply at all if they were and she wasn't able to say.

Well that's that then :)

My money's on The Spice Girls.

BBC Introducing is almost always Slaves.

I think they may utilise the Sunday afternoon secret slot after 2017's Killers set, as it splits the crowds up a bit when it's on against the legend.

Blur were previously mentioned, but we could maybe see Gorillaz? They were rumoured to play a set in 2017. Damon will already be there, there is a possibility that some of the live band could be there as YOTA (They surely have connections), and there are already a few Gorillaz collaborators confirmed to be at the festival.

55 minutes ago, K2SO said:

BBC Introducing is almost always Slaves.

I think they may utilise the Sunday afternoon secret slot after 2017's Killers set, as it splits the crowds up a bit when it's on against the legend.

Blur were previously mentioned, but we could maybe see Gorillaz? They were rumoured to play a set in 2017. Damon will already be there, there is a possibility that some of the live band could be there as YOTA (They surely have connections), and there are already a few Gorillaz collaborators confirmed to be at the festival.

Not sure the whole Gorillaz machine is suited to secret sets, etc. Too much to put together, especially when you consider visuals.