Placebo

JSmurphy

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I've heard they're playing. Could be right could be wrong, but is probably right.

Fantastic news.  I've wanted to catch them live for years but they never seem to play the festivals I attend, or only play them the years I don't go.  There is something about the rhythmic nature of their lyrics that makes pretty much any of their songs easy on my ear.

This makes me happy, a true band of my teens.

I listened to them a lot back in the late 90's early 00's and by pure coincidence, I started listening to them quite a bit again over the last few months too.

Also saw them at Witnness in '01, they sounded great.

15 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Why would Placebo not be on the poster? They are a big arena act, huge internationally. 

Any more info on where they would play? 

I guess the problem is when you announce them is you never know whether you are getting the real thing or not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Been wanting them to play for years, but they haven't showed up despite being fairly active. So considering they're not doing anything at the moment, this is pretty surprising.

Hope it's true!

Was thinking "that's funny, I'm sure I've seen them more than once there", realise now that's over a very very very long period of time!

I missed this yesterday! This would be a massive addition to the lineup. If they're headlining a stage it's going to be clash central. There's no chance they would win a clash battle on Friday or Saturday, and Sunday would be a huge headache between them and Janelle. Subbing the Other stage would probably do the least damage for us.

3 hours ago, jparx said:

I missed this yesterday! This would be a massive addition to the lineup. If they're headlining a stage it's going to be clash central. There's no chance they would win a clash battle on Friday or Saturday, and Sunday would be a huge headache between them and Janelle. Subbing the Other stage would probably do the least damage for us.

On a related note, are we still missing an Other headliner? I can't keep up. Either way, I hope wherever Placebo are, they're on Sunday!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, deadpheasant said:

Was this completely duff then or is there a chance they've got one of the TBA slots?

Doubt they're a big enough draw with a Glastonbury audience to be one of the TBA's. Would surely garner a bit of a muted reaction. Definitely more likely to just be duff info.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Doubt they're a big enough draw with a Glastonbury audience to be one of the TBA's. Would surely garner a bit of a muted reaction. Definitely more likely to just be duff info.

They're a damn lot better than anyone that's actually being mentioned for any of them. 

But maybe that's just me. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

Was this completely duff then or is there a chance they've got one of the TBA slots?

it's not impossible ... tho if I have to jump one way I'd say the info was duff due to something being mis-heard (I've got a reason to think that might have happened, too).

Edited by eFestivals

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...