Coach ticket question

mcmenace

Levitz managed to get me two coach tickets in the resale on Thursday (eternally grateful and hoping to return the favour tomorrow). Unfortunately my hubby has had his Glastonbury holidays at work refused (I've told him just to jack but he's having none of it) so have a question please if anybody can help? I've read the T's and C's from Seetickets and I know it says you've got to be present and show your ID to collect your ticket on the coach. I did catch the coach to Glastonbury in 2014 and I remember being given my ticket in an envelope partway through the journey, but don't remember if both tickets were in the same envelope and don't remember if I had to show my ID. Question for those people that have caught the coach recently - how strict are See about this? If for example hubby wasn't on the coach would I still be able to collect his ticket? If he can't talk his prick boss in to letting him have the time off, he's thinking of catching the train down Friday morning and catching the coach back as planned on Monday, but if it's not going to be easy for me to get his ticket then there's not much point. 

I can feel a sicky coming on for him! 

9 minutes ago, mcmenace said:

Levitz managed to get me two coach tickets in the resale on Thursday (eternally grateful and hoping to return the favour tomorrow). Unfortunately my hubby has had his Glastonbury holidays at work refused (I've told him just to jack but he's having none of it) so have a question please if anybody can help? I've read the T's and C's from Seetickets and I know it says you've got to be present and show your ID to collect your ticket on the coach. I did catch the coach to Glastonbury in 2014 and I remember being given my ticket in an envelope partway through the journey, but don't remember if both tickets were in the same envelope and don't remember if I had to show my ID. Question for those people that have caught the coach recently - how strict are See about this? If for example hubby wasn't on the coach would I still be able to collect his ticket? If he can't talk his prick boss in to letting him have the time off, he's thinking of catching the train down Friday morning and catching the coach back as planned on Monday, but if it's not going to be easy for me to get his ticket then there's not much point. 

I can feel a sicky coming on for him! 

I have personal experience in 2017 of one of the people initially in my group not getting the coach but picking their ticket up from the box office. We knew the driver still had the ticket as he read their name out whilst distributing everyone elses. We had been advised by mutual friends that they were not going to take the coach, don't know if they arranged anything special with the festival in advance but they did collect from the box office. How long it takes for the ticket to get from the driver to the box office I don't know, but it is possible. I doubt that this is encouraged though, otherwise lots of people would do it. Maybe only in extenuating circumstances? 

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I have personal experience in 2017 of one of the people initially in my group not getting the coach but picking their ticket up from the box office. We knew the driver still had the ticket as he read their name out whilst distributing everyone elses. We had been advised by mutual friends that they were not going to take the coach, don't know if they arranged anything special with the festival in advance but they did collect from the box office. How long it takes for the ticket to get from the driver to the box office I don't know, but it is possible. I doubt that this is encouraged though, otherwise lots of people would do it. Maybe only in extenuating circumstances? 

Ahhh ok, thanks for the information. It may be worth just contacting See if he's unable to get the time off work then and see what they say. Like I say if all else fails he can have a bad back! 

2 minutes ago, kabillion said:

My wife missed the coach back in 2017. Driver refused to give me her ticket. She managed to get her ticket from the box office, but they were arsey about it.

We will try and work something out but that's good to know. Cheers!