Camper van questions

chelsea98

Hi,

So we've a camper van for the first time this year and I have a few questions if that's OK.

We're in the kids field, how far is the walk to actually get to the festival site?

Can you choose where you park and are there allocated spaces/bays? (we'd rather not be next to the exit/entrance to the festival site but want to minimise the walk)

I've heard it's a bloody steep hill back to the camper vans, is that true?

Are you allowed at all to run the engine while there? In case phones maybe need charging etc.

I read that someone drove offsite to go and get more beer, is that allowed?

Are there specific wristbands for the camper van area? Three or four of us will be heading down Tuesday night with the rest to follow on Thursday morning, so how will they get theirs if there are indeed wristbands?

Does the camper van area open on Wednesday morning the same as the main site?

We're allowed a tent next to the van as well I believe, maybe a 3/4 person, not too big, can we also bring a gazebo?

Are there facilities to empty the toilet container from the camper van?

Thanks in advance, your help is very much appreciated. 

50 minutes ago, chelsea98 said:

Hi,

So we've a camper van for the first time this year and I have a few questions if that's OK.

We're in the kids field, how far is the walk to actually get to the festival site?

*** When you say you are in the Kids Field..? Do you mean the 'Quiet' area of Campervan (CV) East.? if so, 10 minutes to the gate max..

Can you choose where you park and are there allocated spaces/bays? (we'd rather not be next to the exit/entrance to the festival site but want to minimise the walk)

*** Stewards are there and guide you into the next available space

I've heard it's a bloody steep hill back to the camper vans, is that true?

** You go down it in the morning and back up it at the end of the night.. It is not that bad although it is often called 'the hill of death'.

Are you allowed at all to run the engine while there? In case phones maybe need charging etc.

*** running the engine for any amount of time may draw attention from stewards, let alone the poor neighbours that are breathing your fumes.. (take a power pack, or as we do an extra leisure battery with connectors for charging at night)

I read that someone drove offsite to go and get more beer, is that allowed?

***  If you cannot carry in enough beer in your campervan, you have a serious drinking problem.. (Dont bring in glass..!)

Are there specific wristbands for the camper van area? Three or four of us will be heading down Tuesday night with the rest to follow on Thursday morning, so how will they get theirs if there are indeed wristbands?

*** No. but you have to keep your ticket with you to get a 'pass out' to get you back in each visit.

Does the camper van area open on Wednesday morning the same as the main site?

*** The CV fields open up at midday on Tuesday... ?

We're allowed a tent next to the van as well I believe, maybe a 3/4 person, not too big, can we also bring a gazebo?

*** Tent will be fine and probably the gazebo too

Are there facilities to empty the toilet container from the camper van?

*** Yes. In each respective CV field

50 minutes ago, chelsea98 said:

Thanks in advance, your help is very much appreciated. 

a search through this forum (search button is top right) will get your questions answered several times over... (click on the 'Camper van first timer' link below)

also, make sure you read the stuff on the Glastonbury website :

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

Have fun... get there on Tuesday and get the BBQ on and stand at the top of the hill admiring the view.

10 minutes ago, chelsea98 said:

For some reason I always forget to use the search facility on forums like these. Thank you very much for all your answers, greatly appreciated.

and dont forget the website... It has a ton of good info..

also, take a look at the map... Quiet fields are those to the left of the Blue Route / General on the right (furthest from the entrance @Gate C)

17apr19map.png

Ground is mostly very level, but worth bringing bits of wood in case you get put on uneven ground.

Bring extra water if you can.  Topping up easy enough, but queues can be long if you time it wrong.

Emptying toilet containers no problem.  Emptying grey waste more challenging.  Worth buying and using eco safe shower gel / hand wash in case some grey waste accidentally leaks out onto the field.

Take spare leisure battery so you don’t stress about running out of power when using lights or water pump.

I’d avoid spots right on the edge of the main tracks through the fields.  Also avoid being too close to the generators in the small food van compound in E20.