Fleetwood Mac "I'll burn in hell if we don't play Glastonbury one day"

Sawdusty surfer

“I think the legend of Glastonbury and Fleetwood Mac will come true,” he adds, “I think I’ll burn in hell if we don’t do it one day.”

So Macca and FM for 2020? Who is the third?

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/fleetwood-mac-interview-tour-uk-wembley-mick-christine-mcvie-stevie-nicks-a8887971.html?fbclid=IwAR3JP1vcbHyjeQTm1wfI3RuklwQV8DRGHO09lle3wr-oeUHTjo_0ro98o3I

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

9 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

“I think the legend of Glastonbury and Fleetwood Mac will come true,” he adds, “I think I’ll burn in hell if we don’t do it one day.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/fleetwood-mac-interview-tour-uk-wembley-mick-christine-mcvie-stevie-nicks-a8887971.html?fbclid=IwAR3JP1vcbHyjeQTm1wfI3RuklwQV8DRGHO09lle3wr-oeUHTjo_0ro98o3I

I think that with 2 vintage headliners the fourth will have to be someone current and innovative. Coldplay?

• Like 1

"The legend will come true"? FFS. Like the legend of Prince at Glastonbury it won't come true if you don't fucking play it and the festival have to put 2007-ass weapons-grade garbage on in your place

I hold this slap-headed bongo-bashing c**t personally responsible for the current nick of the Pyramid top line.  After a two year hiatus we should have  be anticipating all manner of epoch-defining headline sets, not poring over the poster with a magnifying glass cause they've booked fucking Baldrick off of The Killers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Third will be Taylor Swift maybe?

either way it will be an immense rumoured lineup and tickets will be incredibly hard to get.

Don’t like the idea of people registering to go as a one off just because of a strong line up and so they can say they were at the 50th. The rest of us have supported the festival year after year, most of us buy into the philosophy of the event and it’s aims. I don’t give a toss who is headlining etc etc. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah but they're not innovative. They're about as bland and safe as it gets.

I'm not sure I agree.  Whether it's your cup of tea or not, their music and their image has changed over the years, they experiment with different sounds and themes and live, they often bring on great guest singers/musicians, and playing one of Viola Beach's songs in 2016 was an amazing show of respect for other bands and musicians out there trying to make it.  

The light-up wrist bands is also a superb way to get the audience involved and feel part of the performance.  

I'm not being a Coldplay apologist, I just think they've got live performances down to a fine art.

Edited by Fork_UK

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Sam Fox - the Brits reunion with Mick ?

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

"The legend will come true"? FFS. Like the legend of Prince at Glastonbury it won't come true if you don't fucking play it and the festival have to put 2007-ass weapons-grade garbage on in your place

I hold this slap-headed bongo-bashing c**t personally responsible for the current nick of the Pyramid top line.  After a two year hiatus we should have  be anticipating all manner of epoch-defining headline sets, not poring over the poster with a magnifying glass cause they've booked fucking Baldrick off of The Killers.

One of your finest in ages. Rested after your holibobs and back to bizniss.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t like the idea of people registering to go as a one off just because of a strong line up and so they can say they were at the 50th. The rest of us have supported the festival year after year, most of us buy into the philosophy of the event and it’s aims. I don’t give a toss who is headlining etc etc. 

I suspect there will be a lot more people who used to go and stopped going for whatever reason. I have a few friends who used to go a lot and have already mentioned that they're considering getting tickets for 2020. 

Also the Fleetwood Mac tour finishes November. Neil Finn will have many other commitments and you can expect another Stevie nicks solo album/ tour at some point. 

I don't think this means anything more.

It's made big because the paper put the quote in the headline but it's essentially a throw away comment. 

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I suspect there will be a lot more people who used to go and stopped going for whatever reason. I have a few friends who used to go a lot and have already mentioned that they're considering getting tickets for 2020. 

I know people that have said this since 2013.

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That's life. They're just as entitled to go as anyone else is.