Tame Impala / IDLES clashing on Friday night?

DL50

Do we know if these will clash? I see from the lineup page that IDLES are on the Park on Friday but are they headlining it?

If they clash with Tame Impala i'll be gutted so please if anyone has any info it would be much appreciated!

1 minute ago, DL50 said:

Do we know if these will clash? I see from the lineup page that IDLES are on the Park on Friday but are they headlining it?

If they clash with Tame Impala i'll be gutted so please if anyone has any info it would be much appreciated!

Nothing locked down yet but talk is of IDLES being a 6pm ish slot and Impala as a headliner I think, so those two are unlikely to clash

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, eFestivals said:

can anyone remind me where the info came from that Tame Impala are Friday night?

(yes, it might have come from me, I've forgotten :P )

I have someone telling me Foals are the Friday night headliner, which I don't really think is right but I thought I'd look deeper.

Could it be that Tame Impala are happy to move to Sunday whereas for some reason Foals couldn't do that day? Some acts intend to stay the weekend whereas other can't. I'd be happy with Foals headlining on Friday. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Could it be that Tame Impala are happy to move to Sunday whereas for some reason Foals couldn't do that day? Some acts intend to stay the weekend whereas other can't. I'd be happy with Foals headlining on Friday. 

Tame Impala on Sunday would sort out soooo many problems!! 

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

can anyone remind me where the info came from that Tame Impala are Friday night?

(yes, it might have come from me, I've forgotten :P )

I have someone telling me Foals are the Friday night headliner, which I don't really think is right but I thought I'd look deeper.

Still down as Friiday on their website...but then Jon Hopkins was down as Saturday and that got moved. Next gig not until 19th July

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

I'm bereft on Friday night so Foals dropping in would be perfect. I thought their Pyramid show was a bit meh, but a pitch black Other headline slot would hit the spot nicely IMO.

There’s always Billy Bragg.... and as Leftfield finishes early, you’ll still be able to make Foals. Or Nick Lowe. That’s my plan. I’ll be leaving Stormzy to the yoof.

The big Glastonbury shaped hole in Foals tour announced Feb led me to believe they were a dead cert for some sort of appearance rather than Kieth Flint's death (March) and Prodigy having to be replaced. 

Foals tour dates

Wednesday June 26 2019 – BOURNEMOUTH BIC
Tuesday July 02 2019 – DUBLIN Trinity College

9 minutes ago, George_92 said:

I heard Foals are focusing on the mid-size fests this summer (Y-Not etc) for Part 1 of their double album, then hitting the big ones next year for Part 2. Also, The Cure/ Tame Impala clash would be a nightmare

This would make sense. Especially as all of the big bangers are meant to be on part 2. Perhaps the gap in their tour over Glastonbury weekend for some other reason. 

1 hour ago, Brunty9 said:

This would make sense. Especially as all of the big bangers are meant to be on part 2. Perhaps the gap in their tour over Glastonbury weekend for some other reason. 

I still think they'll do an unannounced/secret set though, as The Killers did before headlining the following year

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

The info on Tame's website suggests it's wrong, but you never know.

Hmm, I've looked through a number of the other festivals and they've listed the correct date for each so it's looking doubtful to me (unless the Switch was after they put it up) 

It would be an ideal outcome for me though. Jon Hopkins with no clash on Friday and Tame on Sunday.