Kidz Field out of nowhere

zeppelin

15 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

How old are yours chief? I’ll be interested to hear how you get on. Mine are 1 and 4 and it’s on our mind to bring them but not until the little fellers out of nappies.

Hallo mate. Daughter is 8 1/2, this is her 3rd Glasters after 11 and 13. Son is 5 1/2, this is his 4th Glasters after 14/15/16.

Toughest ones were the wet years. 11 and 16 (particularly). I met good pals from this forum broken in two by bringing kids in that hotslop.

This year will be fascinating as its the first time we've both with us. We've brought them both to the last 5 Electric Picnics though, with any luck this will stand to them. Hardy enough kids. With any luck we get a spec in Cockmill. If that happens I think we'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

He was quite badly bullied as a kid...which got him into magic ((his grandad, i think) to distract / prevent bullies).

Stoked he'll be there.

Has anyone ever seen a Dynamo show at Glastonbury - what is it like? I like him a lot, he seems a decent bloke and he does some amazing stuff, i have never seen him at Glastonbury though.

13 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Ahh knew he played there but wasn’t aware he was an exclusive. Thanks.

To be fair, I'm not aware if they've used the exclusive tag every single time, but I know they have done on at least a couple in the past.

1 hour ago, chuckles07 said:

Has anyone ever seen a Dynamo show at Glastonbury - what is it like? I like him a lot, he seems a decent bloke and he does some amazing stuff, i have never seen him at Glastonbury though.

As far as I know, no adult will have. Kids only in the tent in Kidzfield when he's on, parents have to wait outside (or certainly was when wee went up) 

2 minutes ago, hurdy said:

As far as I know, no adult will have. Kids only in the tent in Kidzfield when he's on, parents have to wait outside (or certainly was when wee went up) 

That's my understanding too which is gutting because I have always been a little bit fascinated by magic. Glad he is well enough to do it though. He's had a rough couple of years. 

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

That's my understanding too which is gutting because I have always been a little bit fascinated by magic. Glad he is well enough to do it though. He's had a rough couple of years. 

Whats been wrong with him?

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Hallo mate. Daughter is 8 1/2, this is her 3rd Glasters after 11 and 13. Son is 5 1/2, this is his 4th Glasters after 14/15/16.

Toughest ones were the wet years. 11 and 16 (particularly). I met good pals from this forum broken in two by bringing kids in that hotslop.

This year will be fascinating as its the first time we've both with us. We've brought them both to the last 5 Electric Picnics though, with any luck this will stand to them. Hardy enough kids. With any luck we get a spec in Cockmill. If that happens I think we'll be fine.

Haha, so they’re seasoned pros then? The weather strikes me as the gamble. Was in the Ale Pub in Avalon on the Thursday in ‘17 and each time I went to the loo I finished up helping some exhausted looking soul get their buggy across what by that stage was just mud.

Sounds like they’re good ages for it now though, reckon you’ll have a splendid time.

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

Haha, so they’re seasoned pros then? The weather strikes me as the gamble. Was in the Ale Pub in Avalon on the Thursday in ‘17 and each time I went to the loo I finished up helping some exhausted looking soul get their buggy across what by that stage was just mud.

Sounds like they’re good ages for it now though, reckon you’ll have a splendid time.

Yes we think its the perfect age for the pair of them in the Kidsfield. If its wet, we'll just spend the weekend in the Kidsfield proper. I'll do shuttles for food and we'll get through it.

2016 was nigh on impossible. I don't think I set foot on the railway line never mind ventured past. Spent most of it sheltering under stuff. We were in Wicket also which was a 'mare.

42 minutes ago, hurdy said:

39 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Thanks both. Hope he gets better soon. Sounds like the kids get a good deal here. Should plant one of them in the front row with a secret camera. Would be a sensation ?

I absolutely love the kids field! We took our daughter in 2017 and she had the best time. 

Just the simple task of getting tickets in Sunday’s resale and we’ll be taking a 5 year old and a 1 year old! Can’t wait to show her the line up if we’re successful Sunday. ?

1 hour ago, hurdy said:

That was the case in 2017, no entry to Dynamo for me despite having a kid in tow.  I was properly gutted as I was looking forward to him more than my son!  I guess having kids only makes it easier for them to see.

3 hours ago, Wooderson said:

I’ve done 3 with my eldest 2 - now 21 & 19. I can’t do the math(s), but that included 07, 09 & 10, I think? So a broad cross section of weather. 

A couple with the other 2. 

And this will be #5’s first. But just for the Sunday. And she’s tough as old boots despite being 3 (but beautifully wonderfully a Power Rangering MyLittlePonying, (Lego)BatmanBatGirling, RockStarDinosaurPiratePrincess).

As I mentioned in another thread: picking her up on the shuttle bus at B&W Showground at 9am on Sunday morning. 

Cannot. Fucking. Wait.

7 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Dynamo does happily wander around the field afterwards though. And if asked he’s more than happy to have selfies taken. He gets mobbed more than a Disney character at Disney though. 

I'd rather see him do the magic though. His TV series was amazing other than camera trickery you wonder how some of it was done.