Kidz Field out of nowhere

zeppelin

1 minute ago, Livvy13 said:

What does Basil Brush actually do at these sort of things?

a little comedy show.  Lots of groany jokes for the kids, a few risque jokes that adults get.  Has a helper on stage for the physical jokes.  Gets kids up on stage for bits.  Fires foam and or water into the crowd. That kind of thing.  It's alright.

39 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Why does Dynamo always play at the Kids field? His normal shows are not just for kids.

He was quite badly bullied as a kid...which got him into magic ((his grandad, i think) to distract / prevent bullies).

Stoked he'll be there.

And Basil Brush.

And Katy Ashworth from CBeebies.

Brilliant.

40 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Basil Brush is like the Coldplay of the Kidzfield.

Which must make Justin Fletcher / Mr Tumble Bono (or something)!

Edited by Woffy

Glasters doesnt get enough praise for their inclusive support of kids (and their parents) - another way they changed the festival game for the better. Any "fest" that doesnt have a substantial kids field element really are at the back of the class for me.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

They'll need to beef up security this year. My 2 kids gonna run amok.

How old are yours chief? I’ll be interested to hear how you get on. Mine are 1 and 4 and it’s on our mind to bring them but not until the little fellers out of nappies.

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

He was quite badly bullied as a kid...which got him into magic ((his grandad, i think) to distract / prevent bullies).

Stoked he'll be there.

And Basil Brush.

And Katy Ashworth from CBeebies.

Brilliant.

Which must make Justin Fletcher / Mr Tumble Bono (or something)!

Has Mr Tumble ever actually performed there?

11 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

How old are yours chief? I’ll be interested to hear how you get on. Mine are 1 and 4 and it’s on our mind to bring them but not until the little fellers out of nappies.

Mine were 2 and 6 first time they went.  I can understand you wanting to not have to deal with nappies but a lot of people manage it.  Depends a lot on the children and parents as to when the right time is.  If they’re active inquisitive and not easily spooked, can cope with changes to routines sleep patterns etc. And you as parents are willing to miss out on bits you’ve done previously then you’re ready to take them