London Coach

JCDG19

Also, last night was the See Tickets coaches as far as I can see but also see National Express coaches on the glasto website.. Does National Express go from one London location (i.e. a station) and the See Tickets ones from the o2? Or are they one and the same?

I might have made this far more complicated than necessary!

Also any indications how long the *usually* coach takes from London..imagine traffic won't be too nuts for the 11am departure from LDN (the tickets we landed in the end, will take what we can wahoo!)

16 minutes ago, brightyoungthing said:

Also, last night was the See Tickets coaches as far as I can see but also see National Express coaches on the glasto website.. Does National Express go from one London location (i.e. a station) and the See Tickets ones from the o2? Or are they one and the same?

Also any indications how long the *usually* coach takes from London..imagine traffic won't be too nuts for the 11am departure from LDN (the tickets we landed in the end, will take what we can wahoo!)

Ticket & coach packages are See Tickets, go from O2. National Express are entirely separate, for people who've got tickets but want a bus to take them there - other bus operators are available. NE have various departure places, including Victora and Wembley.

Last time my bus from London took about 3 hours I think, but that was without a stop which I know some others took, I imagine it's often slower.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

1 hour ago, brightyoungthing said:

A drop down list of all National Express Services to the festival is available on the festival website and via the link on there. Prices and pick up places are shown when looking at a particular service.

www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-coach/

1 hour ago, brightyoungthing said:

@Brave Sir Robin Lovely, I thought that might be the case but wanted to check - first time on the coach (if it's anything like arriving by train it should be a breeze!) 3 hours seems v reasonable. Thank you!

No worries. It's not as comfortable or as scenic as the train, but getting dropped off right at the gate rather than having to faff about with the shuttle bus is a real plus.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, brightyoungthing said:

@Brave Sir Robin Lovely, I thought that might be the case but wanted to check - first time on the coach (if it's anything like arriving by train it should be a breeze!) 3 hours seems v reasonable. Thank you!

Expect the Unexpected - we were on a crew Coach ' From Clapham Junction ' in 2009 and the bloody driver turned down a unlisted road {south east of Pilton } by mistake which was so narrow it was impossible to turn round and it took ages to get to the end of the road as we had to knock on doors to get people to move their cars - we ended up ' west of Glastonbury town ' and then got caught up in the  traffic jams from cars coming off the M5 - never did find out why cars were not moving - we should have arrived at 7pm - we reached the Crew gate at 2am and at first Security was not going to let us in but I was straight onto a Supervisor showing our on-site permit - what a right pain and because of that balls up I got the WBC to change all the crew Coaches to arrive on the Tuesday.This is the actual Coach with the same driver  taking on the Monday { that Company lost the Coach contract after that balls up ]

I still cant work out why he did not follow the Glasto sign when we were heading North from the A303 as it was clear enough and all the traffic flow went up the correct road # apart from us #

Now I am not claiming this is a major problem but it has happened before where Coach drivers from London have got lost although lucky enough I was not on them.

glasto-53-1000.jpg.cb4b67b7f32d09cbd2ee3895a12c6e40.jpg

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Expect the Unexpected - we were on a crew Coach ' From Clapham Junction ' in 2009 and the bloody driver turned down a unlisted road {south east of Pilton } by mistake which was so narrow it was impossible to turn round and it took ages to get to the end of the road as we had to knock on doors to get people to move their cars - we ended up ' west of Glastonbury town ' and then got caught up in the  traffic jams from cars coming off the M5 - never did find out why cars were not moving - we should have arrived at 7pm - we reached the Crew gate at 2am and at first Security was not going to let us in but I was straight onto a Supervisor showing our on-site permit - what a right pain and because of that balls up I got the WBC to change all the crew Coaches to arrive on the Tuesday.This is the actual Coach with the same driver  taking on the Monday { that Company lost the Coach contract after that balls up ]

I still cant work out why he did not follow the Glasto sign when we were heading North from the A303 as it was clear enough and all the traffic flow went up the correct road # apart from us #

Now I am not claiming this is a major problem but it has happened before where Coach drivers from London have got lost although lucky enough I was not on them.

glasto-53-1000.jpg.cb4b67b7f32d09cbd2ee3895a12c6e40.jpg

Oh my! That is an actual horror story, I imagine you were even more elated by the time you got on-site... fingers crossed all coach drivers find their way easily this year!!

6 hours ago, brightyoungthing said:

Oh my! That is an actual horror story, I imagine you were even more elated by the time you got on-site... fingers crossed all coach drivers find their way easily this year!!

it was really Nuts because it was like a single track road and I cant work out how he thought he could get the Coach down - he had to move both wing mirrors in as they were in danger of crashing into the Houses - everyone was out as they had never seen a Coach attempt to use that road - I had never been down that road but I knew we were heading away from Pilton but ' once on that road any cross roads did not allow enough space to turn .

The driver did admit he got confused by the sign - a massive yellow sign with a arrow.

many on that Coach were new ' so they had not a clue we were heading the wrong way '

when they saw the sign # your entering Glastonbury # they thought they were there but I had to give them the bad news that it was another 9 or 10 miles to go.

the driver was well out of his hours so we had to stop - There was claims there was some accidents closer to the site - but we certainly did not see anything and the traffic only really started moving at the last Mile.

One of my team asked me {just before the driver drove down the wrong road} how close we were ? and I said - with luck we should be there in 25 mins - I was only out by 7 Hours.

what a journey and then ' WBC security ' would not allow anyone to enter apart from me so I was straight into the bar and dragging WBC Staffing out so they could issue 50 odd crew passes - without that pass they could not get to the toilets or the bar - I was going ballistic as WBC Staffing had changed the Coach contract that year to save £50 so we lost a dependable Coach Company that we had used for many years for a Cowboy Company that employed a driver who did not have a fucking map or Satnav and had never been in Somerset in his life.If he had followed the traffic and the huge sign he would not have needed a map but once on that single track road ' we were Fucked '