Fat White Family, Park Stage, Sunday afternoon

theDandy

9 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Yes, you're right - memory failure on my part.

It was great gig.

It was indeed!!!

I know the touring bassist that was with them and he did say Lias was going hardcore the night before, hence the spew city on stage ?

He also said they decided not to film them either (maybe thought he would do something bad lol)

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

It was indeed!!!

I know the touring bassist that was with them and he did say Lias was going hardcore the night before, hence the spew city on stage ?

He also said they decided not to film them either (maybe thought he would do something bad lol)

I'm seeing FWF in 2 weeks, really looking forward to it.

Saw The Moonlandingz for the first time here bread and all ? went on to see them another 5 times since. Think Lias had Camembert spread in his hair at Brixton. Such an exciting band live...hope they make a reappearance one day. Getting similar vibes about seeing Fontaines DC live;  very excited. 

10 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Saw The Moonlandingz for the first time here bread and all ? went on to see them another 5 times since. Think Lias had Camembert spread in his hair at Brixton. Such an exciting band live...hope they make a reappearance one day. Getting similar vibes about seeing Fontaines DC live;  very excited. 

Sadly I think The Moonlandingz was a short lived collaboration. Catch FWF live, and the new album is great but also catch up with International Teachers of Pop who were the other half of Moonlandingz, their album from a couple of months back was excellent.

43 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Sadly I think The Moonlandingz was a short lived collaboration. Catch FWF live, and the new album is great but also catch up with International Teachers of Pop who were the other half of Moonlandingz, their album from a couple of months back was excellent.

Agreed. I’ve got those albums. Saw ITOP at Greenman and FWF were ace at EOTR last time. Seeing them next Weds in Southampton....new album’s just starting to kick in for me. 

9 hours ago, SighMo said:

Do we know if Fontaine’s DC will be at Glastonbury this year or not? I was going to see them at the Radio 6 festival this year but had to change plans last minute!

10 hours ago, SighMo said:

Agreed. I’ve got those albums. Saw ITOP at Greenman and FWF were ace at EOTR last time. Seeing them next Weds in Southampton....new album’s just starting to kick in for me. 

Green Man and EOTR for me as well + EOTR had Insecure Men.

Seeing FWF in Nottingham in 2 weeks. New album is becoming an earworm, particularly Tastes Good With The Money.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Green Man and EOTR for me as well + EOTR had Insecure Men.

Seeing FWF in Nottingham in 2 weeks. New album is becoming an earworm, particularly Tastes Good With The Money.

Also Warm Ducher in the TeePee were epic....almost got out of hand ?

43 minutes ago, Homer said:

They been sued by Moby yet for this one? It's a cracker - but sounds just like Extreme Ways!

I’d never noticed but they do have a similarity but don’t think it’s identical! Banger though isn’t it, the new album is marvellous, grows on me with every listen! Definitely their most accessible to date

2 hours ago, theDandy said:

I’d never noticed but they do have a similarity but don’t think it’s identical! Banger though isn’t it, the new album is marvellous, grows on me with every listen! Definitely their most accessible to date

I actually haven't done the album yet. I'll chuck it on now!

3 hours ago, Homer said:

They been sued by Moby yet for this one? It's a cracker - but sounds just like Extreme Ways!

Jason Williamson (not Shaun) off Sleaford Mods made that “Moby covers band” retort a couple of months ago in The Great 2019 Indie Beef but I didn’t know what he was on about until you posted that.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Jason Williamson (not Shaun) off Sleaford Mods made that “Moby covers band” retort a couple of months ago in The Great 2019 Indie Beef but I didn’t know what he was on about until you posted that.

Yeah, I saw that this headline this morning; I Googled it when I posted above to see if anyone else had noticed! He's being a big unkind - it's one song (and most of their first album sounds like Nick Cave, to be fair!). 

I thought it was really obvious. I said my best mate and he said 'when i first heard it, I actually thought it was Moby'.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Any idea what Shaun Williamson make of it? I'd  love to know. He's not best placed to comment on dodgy covers though. Here he is at the bowls (I saw him live once - but sadly not at the bowls):

Edited by Homer

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wet Hot Indie Beef? ?