WHO IS GOING TO GLASTONBURY FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR

Crazyfool01

Who is Going to the festival for the first time this year ?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you been to Glastonbury

• 1 /2
    • 3/4
    • 5/6
    • 7/8
    • 9/10
    • 11/12
    • 13/14
    • 15/16
    • 17/18
    • 19/20
    • 21+

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

I feel it's changed a bit since my first in 2009. My first one it felt like nobody had mobile phones, it wasn't uncommon to see people making camp fires, carrying flaming torches or setting off chinese lanterns. Recall all my hoodies having that nice burning wood smell to them after my first Glasto. 

Fast forward a few years and it's definitely a lot less smokey and everyone has mobiles. 

I agree with the fires. I can vividly remember in 2009 at Neil Young on the pymild setting a fire off using bits of wood and beer cups, and there were many others dotted around. It was magical and I seem to recall at the end Neil and the band lined up and took in the spectacle of the view of the field. Jeez imagine doing that at Ed Sheeran or Coldplay. The blanket brigade would burst into flames themselves ?

It's a see tickets conspiracy imo.. Block all old timers and get new punters in... 

Conspiracy............................... Why did we have to do something to our registration details a few weeks before.............. Some thing happened... I've spoken to loads of old timers that had a system to get group tickets and got none but then these lovely new people got tickets......... Conspiracy........ 

I know it's rubbish but hey ho something to yak about..... 

Good luck to all trying to get tickets. G

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

It's a see tickets conspiracy imo.. Block all old timers and get new punters in... 

Conspiracy............................... Why did we have to do something to our registration details a few weeks before.............. Some thing happened... I've spoken to loads of old timers that had a system to get group tickets and got none but then these lovely new people got tickets......... Conspiracy........ 

I know it's rubbish but hey ho something to yak about..... 

Good luck to all trying to get tickets. G

im not sure im looking at the same results ... its a fairly even spread ... it tails off as the numbers increase but surely thats always going to happen as life / kids /physical ability get in the way ?... cant SEE any conspiracy im afraid .... maybe the more regular punters are getting replaced by youth in larger more organised groups .... 

31 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im not sure im looking at the same results ... its a fairly even spread ... it tails off as the numbers increase but surely thats always going to happen as life / kids /physical ability get in the way ?... cant SEE any conspiracy im afraid .... maybe the more regular punters are getting replaced by youth in larger more organised groups .... 

Aaahhhhh see

Perfect example of a conspiracy... You can't see it. Lol 

15 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Definite conspiracy old son lol

This will also be fourth....so I guess that makes me a "newbie" in your book. The thing is, in my first year I went with a crew of veterans, all bonefida old timers, and met up with another friend from school who has been going since she was 16 (we're now 34). NONE of these people wanted to try and get tickets this year..... Babies and weddings getting in the way for most of them

Also, I know that before only the old timers had ticket-buying systems, but I have a system which I learnt from my friends and have incorporated some newbie folk into it - I had to invite newbies, or this year I would be near enough going by myself!

So, I dunno. I don't think it's a conspiracy, just more people getting wise to the tricks, and enough old timers having other things to do.

The only conspiracy is quite how the fuck I've never seen a payment page in something like 12 different sales!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sasperella said:

This will also be fourth....so I guess that makes me a "newbie" in your book. The thing is, in my first year I went with a crew of veterans, all bonefida old timers, and met up with another friend from school who has been going since she was 16 (we're now 34). NONE of these people wanted to try and get tickets this year..... Babies and weddings getting in the way for most of them

Also, I know that before only the old timers had ticket-buying systems, but I have a system which I learnt from my friends and have incorporated some newbie folk into it - I had to invite newbies, or this year I would be near enough going by myself!

So, I dunno. I don't think it's a conspiracy, just more people getting wise to the tricks, and enough old timers having other things to do.

The only conspiracy is quite how the fuck I've never seen a payment page in something like 12 different sales!

Ahhhhhh so you agree there IS a conspiracy.. Lol 

Christ I'm and oldie but my sons 32 so I class him as and old timer 

Which make me feel really old... 

Christ you've made an old man cry... 

Heeee hee 

On 4/25/2019 at 2:34 PM, Gnomicide said:

As you probably know, it existed here first, saved as a blog, called The Thingy because whenever someone asked when the lineup was out, someone would say "where's the thingy?". 

Main contributors were @Beaver89, @Brave Sir Robin and @Dukeicon.

One day someone suggested that someone should create a website. I was away with work, sat on my own in a hotel room and took up the challenge. I added the info already known plus doing some more digging through eFests & Glastonbury news, adding in links etc. That was the end of 2015. The Thingy Twitter account was created on the 1st Feb 2016 during another lonely night in a hotel room.

I like how the history of the thingy is linked to people being bored on work-related activity! 

I was newly placed on client site for a consultancy with literally nothing to do (long story) so spent a day trawling efests and the web to get the initial list pulled together. 

• Upvote 1