WHO IS GOING TO GLASTONBURY FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR

Crazyfool01

Who is Going to the festival for the first time this year ?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you been to Glastonbury

• 1 /2
    • 3/4
    • 5/6
    • 7/8
    • 9/10
    • 11/12
    • 13/14
    • 15/16
    • 17/18
    • 19/20
    • 21+

8 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I’m surprised at how few have been to 15+ we seem to have lost a fair few of the board regulars 

We're all old and jaded...feel like I've been to bloody hundreds. :P

Tenth for me. 

Missed 5 since my first in 2002. 

Not been up the ribbon tower, eaten a growler, watched a film in the cinema or has my face painted. 

I have met Michael, suffered one of my top 3 hangovers of all time, watched the sun come up in the stone circle and danced with a Sikh drumming troupe. 

All in all, most enjoyable. 

(Apart from that hangover).

9 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

5th! I always find end of April time I get just as excited as I did the first time. Potentially even the second time as I knew what I was letting myself in for then!!  

The good news is the excitement levels don’t change .. just the energy levels :) 

This will be my eighth.  Started in 2010 and not missed once since. My main regret is not going sooner.

I say to Mrs Inuit that after the 50th anniversary I'll give it a rest for a few years but we both know that's an outrageous lie.

As it's Mrs Inuit's first glastonbury, I'm hoping that she'll fall in love with the place and understand why I do everything in my power to get myself and my friends there each year.

If she doesn't, I will have to find a new Mrs Inuit

15 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

That year MJ died, me and my friend heard the news doing the rounds that Mj had died and thought it was just one of those glastonbury hoaxes, then walked past the markets and heard MJ's music being played. "wow, what a weird coincidence" we said. Absolute morons!

That year I arrived Friday due to work commitments, i picked up a friend on the way . we drove through Thursday night arriving Friday morning. we got all the way to camp and sat there. when my friend who I had been say in a car with for 6 hours announced MJ had died. 6 hours she was sat with em and didn't mention it .

needless to say we told everyone we met and no one believed us, then again we did try and start that rumor a few years before, we started rumors most years, (well tried) back before phones. we would start a rumor and see if it came back to us.

and this is my 11th I think 

32 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

That year I arrived Friday due to work commitments, i picked up a friend on the way . we drove through Thursday night arriving Friday morning. we got all the way to camp and sat there. when my friend who I had been say in a car with for 6 hours announced MJ had died. 6 hours she was sat with em and didn't mention it .

needless to say we told everyone we met and no one believed us, then again we did try and start that rumor a few years before, we started rumors most years, (well tried) back before phones. we would start a rumor and see if it came back to us.

and this is my 11th I think 

I remember one year the rumour was Richard Whitely from countdown had died and to this day I've no idea if it was true or not!