Us Average People

carlosj

I feel excluded from the other groups. I want to stand up for the average person. Who's with me?

If you've got grey hair and a monotonous office job, so much the better.

Say it loud, say it proud "I'm average!"

5'10".

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Shite, I had thought at 5 8 I would have qualified for the average people thread. Now it seems I might be at the upper end of the wee folk thread if 5  10 is the qualifying height. Life is a bitch. 

According to wikipedia, average height for men is 5'9".  So you're just as average as @carlosj

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I used to be 5'10.5" .  I was very proud of the half an inch.  Then I measured myself and found out I was 5'9.5"

I'm getting old.

So it wasn’t just me who has spent the last ten minutes with a pen marking the back of the living room door then measuring my height with a Stanley steel tape! 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Shite, I had thought at 5 8 I would have qualified for the average people thread. Now it seems I might be at the upper end of the wee folk thread if 5  10 is the qualifying height. Life is a bitch. 

I apologise for my sub-conscious heightism. If you want to have anything to do with this work avoidance thread, then you come right on in, and welcome!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Yes, my spinal surgeon measured the compression of my vertebrae’s on the X-ray

Yeah, pretty sure my vertebrae are compressing and pushing my stomach out...

3 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Ffs it seems like average people are 5 10 and the tall ones are 6 2 . What about us in the wilderness between those heights . Are we rejected by both groups to tall to small ....or does having grey hair put me in the average group ?

Please don't start a "Us tall-average/sort-tall people" thread.

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What about us women? I'm 5ft 9 and a half in, which is quite tall for a lady but according to the rules here I too am average.

How do you identify? Maybe you can flit between groups.

I am worried we are wandering into a minefield here, with a lot of racial and sexual assumptions,

The average height in some Asian countries, such as Vitnam and Malaysia is 5’5" for men and 5’1" for women. In Iceland or Norway it is 5’11 and 5’6"

I just hope no one starts a Us Tall, Blonde, Blue Eyed thread, we all know where that leads (well maybe not Wayne Hennessay), come on people we are better than this.?