8m motorhome length - how strict are they?

The other Bellboy

Hi all,

i have the chance to use a motorhome for the East parking but it is 8.2m long, so just over the max length that we are supposed to use there. 

Has anyone had any experience of stewards getting the tape measure out? We have only had a max of 7m before so the issue has never come up. I know i've seen double rear axle vans there in 2017 so i'm thinking that they are not too strict, its a normal van, not a converted lorry or bus so it doesn't stand out as being huge!

Any experience / advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all

41 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Hi all,

i have the chance to use a motorhome for the East parking but it is 8.2m long, so just over the max length that we are supposed to use there. 

Has anyone had any experience of stewards getting the tape measure out? We have only had a max of 7m before so the issue has never come up. I know i've seen double rear axle vans there in 2017 so i'm thinking that they are not too strict, its a normal van, not a converted lorry or bus so it doesn't stand out as being huge!

Cheers all

I would not like to chance it, 2017 was the 1st year all vehicles over 8M had to book into B&W showground. This was due to the poor weather of 2016 and the larger motorhomes getting stuck and churning up the land.  The length can often be worked out by the model number. If I were you I would keep my fingers crossed for a cancellation at https://ashcombepark.com/ so you can at least walk into the festival! 

My friends wagon is JUST under but he's been told it'll be OK.. Maybe get in touch with the farm.. I remember one year.... Last year year before we went out for more beer and there was like 6 or 7 massive wagons parked together.. Can't tell where abouts but we went out gate A and obviously turned left and it was a couple of field's that way.. 

As I said email farm 

Our van is 8m. We were fine in 2017 although arguably one of the larger vans in the field. We were fine in 2016 but I did see some coach conversions and they didn’t look as though they would be able to get off site easily. The last thing we want is to get moved to Bath & West so if the stewards had any doubt I would insist they got the tape measure out. 

Hi

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, The other Bellboy said:

Hi all,

Cheers all

Hi Mate

I have an 8m campervan ticket in the bath and west field but would be interested in swapping for a standard campervan ticket in the east field. Please let me know.

Thanks

38 minutes ago, mattyd1 said:

Hi

Hi Mate

I have an 8m campervan ticket in the bath and west field but would be interested in swapping for a standard campervan ticket in the east field. Please let me know.

Thanks

Read the OP's other post in the thread, he has gone for a smaller motor-home. Sorry to say but swapping is no longer an option as they are now linked to your festival ticket.

Just a quickie.  Bigger vans often need Gennys and they will not allow them.  We were parked next to one in West five /six years ago and the Marshalls wouldn't let them fire it up, so not sure how they managed to do anything!

• 2 years later...
On 4/24/2019 at 4:39 PM, StoneCircle said:

I would not like to chance it, 2017 was the 1st year all vehicles over 8M had to book into B&W showground. This was due to the poor weather of 2016 and the larger motorhomes getting stuck and churning up the land.  The length can often be worked out by the model number. If I were you I would keep my fingers crossed for a cancellation at https://ashcombepark.com/ so you can at least walk into the festival! 

@StoneCirclejust wanted to check have you ever used that location for a campervan?

I've seen them mentioned by yourself and @Staberinde (who I believe used them for car parking).

I've not seen much other than their website when doing a search, but tbh two recommendations from efesters is sufficient to satisfy any doubts I may have.

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

@StoneCirclejust wanted to check have you ever used that location for a campervan?

I've seen them mentioned by yourself and @Staberinde (who I believe used them for car parking).

I've not seen much other than their website when doing a search, but tbh two recommendations from efesters is sufficient to satisfy any doubts I may have.

No, I have only ever used East Campervan Fields. Make sure it is this one ( https://ashcombepark.com/ ) as confusingly there is Ashcombe Park and Ashcombe Farm! 

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

No, I have only ever used East Campervan Fields. Make sure it is this one ( https://ashcombepark.com/ ) as confusingly there is Ashcombe Park and Ashcombe Farm! 

Thanks, it's defo that one I contacted.  Would be nice to know if there's anyone who's stayed in a CV there, as I've certainly seen parking recommendations for them but not much mention of the other aspect.

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

Thanks, it's defo that one I contacted.  Would be nice to know if there's anyone who's stayed in a CV there, as I've certainly seen parking recommendations for them but not much mention of the other aspect.

Were you successful in getting tickets? 

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I barely got past the queue on 7 pages but the splendid @mjfiddydid the deed 😊

Fabulous news! I only attempted resale the once in 2016 to no avail and the stress was unbelievable. I was so lucky to win the EFestivals competition so I got there in the end! 

45 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Fabulous news! I only attempted resale the once in 2016 to no avail and the stress was unbelievable. I was so lucky to win the EFestivals competition so I got there in the end! 

Ah I'd forgotten that was you 😊

• 3 weeks later...