5G @ Glastonbury 2019

risteard

16 minutes ago, Roger G Lewis said:

It is an interesting question, Should the masts have been there? That is why I am here. ( Still)

In the future someone may well ask, Were the masts there in 2019, what on earth were they thinking?

In the future some slick lawyer may even try to argue well there were masts there but they were the right kind of masts and not those bad kind. And how were we to know in any event that there could be such a thing as a bad kind. After all there was no evidence then to suggest that a bad kind existed and that any kind could in any set of circumstances result in any sort of Harm.

I am rather fond of this quote from Edmund Burke.

“It is very rare indeed for men to be wrong in their feelings concerning public misconduct; as rare to be right in their speculation upon the cause of it. I have constantly observed that the generality of people are fifty years, at least, behindhand in their politics. There are but very few who are capable of comparing and digesting what passes before their eyes at different times and occasions, so as to form the whole into a distinct system. But in books everything is settled for them, without the exertion of any considerable diligence or sagacity. For which reason men are wise with but little reflection, and good with little self-denial, in the business of all times except their own. We are very uncorrupt and tolerably enlightened judges of the transactions of past ages; where no passions deceive, and where the whole train of circumstances, from the trifling cause to the tragical event, is set in an orderly series before us. Few are the partisans of departed tyranny; and to be a Whig on the business of a hundred years ago is very consistent with every advantage of present servility. This retrospective wisdom and historical patriotism are things of wonderful convenience, and serve admirably to reconcile the old quarrel between speculation and practice. Many a stern republican, after gorging himself with a full feast of admiration of the Grecian commonwealths and of our true Saxon constitution, and discharging all the splendid bile of his virtuous indignation on King John and King James, sits down perfectly satisfied to the coarsest work and homeliest job of the day he lives in. I believe there was no professed admirer of Henry the Eighth among the instruments of the last King James; nor in the court of Henry the Eighth was there, I dare say, to be found a single advocate for the favourites of Richard the Second.”
https://longhairedmusings.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/on-the-present-discontents-burke-opined-conquest-of-dough/

Such arguments come to court such as cellotex cladding panels on Council Blocks in Kensigton?

Ah. Right o. That clears it up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Roger G Lewis said:

The semantics you choose are interesting eFestivals.

There are suspected issues and testing will back up or establish boundary conditions.

There are suspected issues by tin-foil hat wearers who don't do facts or evidence.

Who knows, those tin-foil hat wearers might be right this time. If they are it's a first. 

Me, I'll play the odds and say those tin-foil hat wearers are wrong. Again. :) 

14 hours ago, Roger G Lewis said:

In the future someone may well ask, Were the masts there in 2019, what on earth were they thinking?

Nah, they'll be far more concerned with 10M dead in London plus the few million from the other UK cities that had and have permanent 5g installations before Glastonbury did for 5 days.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

There are suspected issues by tin-foil hat wearers who don't do facts or evidence.

Who knows, those tin-foil hat wearers might be right this time. If they are it's a first. 

Me, I'll play the odds and say those tin-foil hat wearers are wrong. Again. :) 

Nah, they'll be far more concerned with 10M dead in London plus the few million from the other UK cities that had and have permanent 5g installations before Glastonbury did for 5 days.

I agree with what you say here completely e-festivals, time will tell and lets hope it was just another storm in a tea cup.

Edited by Roger G Lewis

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

yep, very well spotted. There's shitloads more EMF from the pylon cables than there could ever be from 5g.

Indeed and I can buy into prolonged exposure to it somewhat - A friend lived with a cable going past their front garden and developed leukaemia in her early 20s. Quite possible it could have been related.  

10 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Indeed and I can buy into prolonged exposure to it somewhat - A friend lived with a cable going past their front garden and developed leukaemia in her early 20s. Quite possible it could have been related.  

then again, it might have just been coincidence. And guess what? It was. 

There used to be a ban on houses being built under high voltage cables. The ban was lifted around 35 years ago after some through research that showed no problem.

1 hour ago, tumbles said:

In as much as it's possible your other friend placing their mug the right way around in the cupboard meant they won £10 on a scratchcard yes, but considering the vast number of people with cables going near their properties a clear pattern would have developed long ago.

No such pattern has developed, so no it's not really likely.

Everyone should note the double pronged nature of this conspiracy nonsense - if you're not scared the radiation will get you because you actually know something about that how about surveillance and the idea that 5G enables them magically to spy on you?

You gotta pity the people whose lives are so full of fear.

And Roger everyone else on mobile or pad or laptop or desktop manages to post properly - if you can't even figure out how to do that what hope is there that you've got a better grasp on this topic than the people here who have real education and careers in it, not just a lot of time on YouTube?

33 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

In as much as it's possible your other friend placing their mug the right way around in the cupboard meant they won £10 on a scratchcard yes, but considering the vast number of people with cables going near their properties a clear pattern would have developed long ago.

No such pattern has developed, so no it's not really likely.

Everyone should note the double pronged nature of this conspiracy nonsense - if you're not scared the radiation will get you because you actually know something about that how about surveillance and the idea that 5G enables them magically to spy on you?

You gotta pity the people whose lives are so full of fear.

And Roger everyone else on mobile or pad or laptop or desktop manages to post properly - if you can't even figure out how to do that what hope is there that you've got a better grasp on this topic than the people here who have real education and careers in it, not just a lot of time on YouTube?

So where is the Rule book on proper posting oh great Frosty?
Embedded tweets is automated on this platform, You Tube Links appearing in i frames is also automated.

The Fonts etc appear as defaulted from the Platform this Forum uses, so any posting I do is not anything which I am doing improperly all that I post is what is baked into the Cake.

What you object to is my non conformity with your own in-group biases so rigidly held to and your perception that I am a thought criminal without the suitable awe and respect for Sacred Glasto and its corporate sponsors ( well tough luck matey, I really could not give a Donald), frankly frosty you need to lighten up old chap dare I say take a chill pill? ( you see what I did there?) 

What you need Frosty is a crash course from the KLF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mindfuck 

I hope that isn't challenging to many sacred chaos

On 7/6/2019 at 1:49 PM, Roger G Lewis said:

You say read a text book , I am more than happy to read scientific papers, and indeed text books, I regularly follow on line scientific courses

such as this one which I completed several years ago

"Read some books"

"I do, look here are some videos I watched"

Books are the ones with the printed words on the pages. Not the ones with the moving pictures.

5 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

"Read some books"

"I do, look here are some videos I watched"

Books are the ones with the printed words on the pages. Not the ones with the moving pictures.

Hello Deanol,

Do pay attention at the back,

You can download Poetry and the first chapters of my novel #ConquestofDough at these links.

https://theconquestofdough.weebly.com/the-novel-and-epic-trilogy.html

The "printed words" bit is important as it means (vanity publishing aside) that the content has gone through a publisher who, assuming a scientific publisher, will have verified that the content isn't complete bollocks. Anyone can self-publish on Amazon.

23 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

The "printed words" bit is important as it means (vanity publishing aside) that the content has gone through a publisher who, assuming a scientific publisher, will have verified that the content isn't complete bollocks. Anyone can self-publish on Amazon.

Deanol,

that's whats called an appeal to authority. one of the First resorts of the hard of thinking.

Your little interjection here is marking you out as one of that curious sort of lurkers Who throw in their little pearls as kicks to a victim they think is somehow down and unable to defend themselves.

If You have a point to make then make it, so far your efforts are failing to impress, self published comments on an Internet Forum, is there no limit to the shallows of your narcissism.

Some people prefer "all the News Fit to Print", the logo of the New York Times, So who appointed the New York Times , Or Credder or The Integrity Initiative.
Now make sure you get someone to hold your hand next time you cross the road , theres a good compliant Consumer, Good boy well done.

1 hour ago, Roger G Lewis said:

What you object to is my non conformity with your own in-group biases so rigidly held to and your perception that I am a thought criminal without the suitable awe and respect for Sacred Glasto and its corporate sponsors ( well tough luck matey, I really could not give a Donald), frankly frosty you need to lighten up old chap dare I say take a chill pill? ( you see what I did there?) 

That almost made me spray coffee over my keyboard lol 

You have absolutely no idea who I or Glastonbury or it's community are.

Being mistaken and not knowing what you're talking about isn't a thought crime you wally, nor is not understanding how to cut and paste without formatting.

3 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

That almost made me spray coffee over my keyboard lol 

You have absolutely no idea who I or Glastonbury or it's community are.

Being mistaken and not knowing what you're talking about isn't a thought crime you wally, nor is not understanding how to cut and paste without formatting.

You would if you would remove your head from your own backside be able fairly easily find out that I know rater more about Glastonbury , Its community and organisation than you are assuming.

Regarding Formatting, I rely on the platform if your experience is not optimal for you that's your problem and not mine take it up with the web master.

Just for the sake of information mission creep, forum sliding etc. Here are

The Swedish Metrological society report and the tin foil hat guide again.

https://www.stralsakerhetsmyndigheten.se/en/publications/reports/radiation-protection/2019/201908/

https://www.amazon.com/Non-Tinfoil-Guide-EMFs-Stupid-Technology-ebook/dp/B078KKQW6D

2 hours ago, Roger G Lewis said:

Deanol,

that's whats called an appeal to authority. one of the First resorts of the hard of thinking.

Your little interjection here is marking you out as one of that curious sort of lurkers Who throw in their little pearls as kicks to a victim they think is somehow down and unable to defend themselves.

If You have a point to make then make it, so far your efforts are failing to impress, self published comments on an Internet Forum, is there no limit to the shallows of your narcissism.

Some people prefer "all the News Fit to Print", the logo of the New York Times, So who appointed the New York Times , Or Credder or The Integrity Initiative.
Now make sure you get someone to hold your hand next time you cross the road , theres a good compliant Consumer, Good boy well done.

You’re right, actually. Really you want to go to a scientific journal that is properly peer reviewed, or something from one of the academic presses. Was trying to ease you into a little though as those can be hard going.

On 7/3/2019 at 11:30 AM, darkcamel said:

Don't be a tool dismissing people whose opinion you disagree with as loons. Government ministers, scientists and researchers have all expressed serious concerns about 5G and the lack of testing of the biological effects of it on the population. 

Brussel government, and Geneva and Vaud Switzerland have ALL halted 5G rollout over health concerns after power output from 5g exceeded their safety thresholds. Government ministers have said they would not let their citizens be used as guinea pigs.

Celine Fremault, Minister of the Government of the Brussels-Capital Region Responsible For Housing, Quality Of Life, Environment And Energy released the statement in an interview with L’Echo:“I cannot welcome such technology if the radiation standards, which must protect the citizen, are not respected, 5G or not. The people of Brussels are not guinea pigs whose health I can sell at a profit. We cannot leave anything to doubt."
See https://www.worldhealth.net/news/brussels-first-major-city-halt-5g-due-health-effects/
Dutch MPs have also called for a halt to 5G until the WHO has done more testing..GroenLinks is urging the Lower House in the Dutch parliament for an independent investigation by the Health Council into 5G radiation. Laura Bromet, member of parliament: “We still don’t know about the dangers to public health. Little research has been done into the effects of 5G. We need to take people’s concerns seriously and investigate this. ”

Dismiss them all as conspiracy theorists if you wish, but I would argue you are being extremely foolhardy. France has banned all WIFI from nursery schools over health concerns, as radiation penetrates childs skulls more easily. Dismiss them as conspiracy theorists if you will.

There is no scientific consensus as to whether 5G is safe or not. It has NOT been proven beyond any doubt to be safe. Government funded research often gives the answers their customers want. Many non industry funded research papers link wireless radiation to biological effects on cells. See https://ehtrust.org/science/research-on-wireless-health-effects/ Thats why hundreds of scientists have called on the EU to halt 5G rollout until more H&S testing has been done into the biological effects.Industry, unsuprisingly does not recognise wireless radiation can cause biological damage.. imagine the law suits! Major insurers will not insurer wireless device manufacturers against being sued for health problems. Interesting... Many scientific peer reviewed reports have indicated biological and DNA changes as a result of wireless, NON ionising radiation. See the 5G Appeal site, and the AUVA report https://www.jrseco.com/major-austrian-insurer-auva-finds-effects-of-cell-phones-on-dna-eeg-and-human-proteins/ or the EU Reflex study https://www.jrseco.com/eu-reflex-study-shows-dna-damage-caused-by-radiation-from-wireless-devices-and-mobile-phones/

I award this comment , Comment of the Thread. People should make up their own minds on these matters. Regarding the undoubted extent to which both Pro and Anti crap on any single issue which exists on the internet, I appreciate the concerns of the Tin Foil Hat Paranoia Squad, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Here in Sweden there is a Word, "Lagom" which encapsulates the tale of the three bears and porridge at the right Temperature in the right bowl at the right temperature all in one little word. Perhaps its something to do with the Swedish Fetish for Consensus.

On 7/3/2019 at 9:35 AM, tumbles said:

Just lock this topic or bin these goons off, they're just going to be tiresome before long. 

On 7/3/2019 at 9:38 AM, paulshane said:

agreed

These two efforts leave me rather perplexed, What would shutting down this discussion have achieved? Marking out people expressing concerns and asking questions as Cassandras, doubting Thomases or generally feeble minded paranoiacs , seems something of an over rated pass time with real risks of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

On 7/3/2019 at 11:30 AM, darkcamel said:

Don't be a tool dismissing people whose opinion you disagree with as loons. Government ministers, scientists and researchers have all expressed serious concerns about 5G and the lack of testing of the biological effects of it on the population. 

Brussel government, and Geneva and Vaud Switzerland have ALL halted 5G rollout over health concerns after power output from 5g exceeded their safety thresholds. Government ministers have said they would not let their citizens be used as guinea pigs.

Celine Fremault, Minister of the Government of the Brussels-Capital Region Responsible For Housing, Quality Of Life, Environment And Energy released the statement in an interview with L’Echo:“I cannot welcome such technology if the radiation standards, which must protect the citizen, are not respected, 5G or not. The people of Brussels are not guinea pigs whose health I can sell at a profit. We cannot leave anything to doubt."
See https://www.worldhealth.net/news/brussels-first-major-city-halt-5g-due-health-effects/
Dutch MPs have also called for a halt to 5G until the WHO has done more testing..GroenLinks is urging the Lower House in the Dutch parliament for an independent investigation by the Health Council into 5G radiation. Laura Bromet, member of parliament: “We still don’t know about the dangers to public health. Little research has been done into the effects of 5G. We need to take people’s concerns seriously and investigate this. ”

Dismiss them all as conspiracy theorists if you wish, but I would argue you are being extremely foolhardy. France has banned all WIFI from nursery schools over health concerns, as radiation penetrates childs skulls more easily. Dismiss them as conspiracy theorists if you will.

There is no scientific consensus as to whether 5G is safe or not. It has NOT been proven beyond any doubt to be safe. Government funded research often gives the answers their customers want. Many non industry funded research papers link wireless radiation to biological effects on cells. See https://ehtrust.org/science/research-on-wireless-health-effects/ Thats why hundreds of scientists have called on the EU to halt 5G rollout until more H&S testing has been done into the biological effects.Industry, unsuprisingly does not recognise wireless radiation can cause biological damage.. imagine the law suits! Major insurers will not insurer wireless device manufacturers against being sued for health problems. Interesting... Many scientific peer reviewed reports have indicated biological and DNA changes as a result of wireless, NON ionising radiation. See the 5G Appeal site, and the AUVA report https://www.jrseco.com/major-austrian-insurer-auva-finds-effects-of-cell-phones-on-dna-eeg-and-human-proteins/ or the EU Reflex study https://www.jrseco.com/eu-reflex-study-shows-dna-damage-caused-by-radiation-from-wireless-devices-and-mobile-phones/

I award this comment , Comment of the Thread. People should make up their own minds on these matters. Regarding the undoubted extent to which both Pro and Anti crap on any single issue which exists on the internet, I appreciate the concerns of the Tin Foil Hat Paranoia Squad, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Here in Sweden there is a Word, "Lagom" which encapsulates the tale of the three bears and porridge at the right Temperature in the right bowl at the right temperature all in one little word. Perhaps its something to do with the Swedish Fetish for Consensus.

On 4/24/2019 at 3:55 PM, risteard said:

I'm not getting confused.

I know there are bans on companies associated. But I read that a minister Brussels was halting its 5G plans because of health reasons. That is all.

I decided to do a Blog post about the Information and discourse in this discussion. Looking at The Links reports , claims and counter claims etc. 

On 4/24/2019 at 4:21 PM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

The only article I could find to back this up was from the Brussels Times (the other websites were an array of conspiracy and anti-vaxxer-esge websites) the Brussels Times article (which, I assume, forms the basis of subsequent articles) states that the radiation standards in Belgium are very stringent, and they have had issues with 4G in the past as a result of it, but they're the only country that a quick google search shows as being in opposition to 5G testing.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:54 AM, stuie said:

Thanks for popping by.   Don't worry, we'll wear our tin foil hats.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:06 AM, hfuhruhurr said:

Won't 5G enable site-wide wifi?

As for radiation, the thing everyone forgets when complaining about masts is that they put a responsive radio next to their heads. The closer the mast, the less radiation for your head - it being an inverse square law. So, ideally we should have small cells everywhere to reduce radiation next to our heads.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:18 AM, drunk pumpkin said:

Yesterday I messaged the festival throught the contact process on the 5G issue. Waiting for a response which i'll post.

I'm sure that with the festivals ethos and links to greenpeace ect that if we do have 5G it will be very safe and not at all dangerous! 

On 4/26/2019 at 11:32 AM, incident said:

In all seriousness - why bother?

Multiple governments, industry bodies, scientists, etc across the world are saying that using these frequencies is safe. Granted, there's mostly vested interests there but it's still be best information we have unless you want to rely on nutjobs like the one above with at best anecdotal evidence and usually not even that. Right now I don't think the mobile telephony research division of GFL has the level of resource required to conduct their own detailed investigation, and so they're going to go on the evidence available. Of course the response is going to be that it's safe. And the person responding to you is going to mentally append "you idiot" when they write it.

We get this bullshit every time a new set of frequencies get introduced, dating back pretty much as long as mobile phones have existed, and so far none of the scare stories have been proven correct.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:10 PM, stuie said:

On 4/26/2019 at 12:12 PM, The Nal said:

"mess up our bodies and the energy of the land"

So scientific!

Read the comments below the petition. Comedy gold. 

Mobile phones hurt my head when I use them & im worried this will be intensified with 5G!! 

On 4/26/2019 at 12:14 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Hmm.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:18 PM, bombfrog said:

Oh just fuck off.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:19 PM, The Nal said:

giphy.gif

On 4/26/2019 at 1:03 PM, bombfrog said:

This comment is fucking stupid.

The people who don't understand radiation are the same people who complain about GMOs and don't immunise their children. They probably believe they can be healed by crystals and that cannabis cures cancer or something.

Fuck 'em.

On 4/26/2019 at 6:13 PM, glasto-worker said:

I am waiting for 10G !!!!

I bought my first 4G Smartphone late in 2016 so was looking forward to seeing how it worked at Glasto 2017 but I ended up  stuck in Hospital for more than a Month {June and July 2017} for a artery bypass so never got to try it out and just to really wind me up I ended up in a Intensive care unit during Glastonbury week and in that Unit No Television was allowed so I missed the whole thing - the only possible time I could see Glasto live on TV and I missed it completely and they had a phone blocking system in use within that unit so could not even view it using my Smartphone !!!! - I did try the phone out at Womad but was forced to use the Punter wi-fi which used to log me out after a few minutes so this year will be the first year I can try out the WBC Crew wi-fi which is only meant for Production but I am sure I can persuade them to give me the password.

all this 5G test sounds a none starter unless they are going to loan out 5G phones !!!

Many years ago I and 2,000 other professional testers were the first to try out BT's Broadband in the London area - 512 kbit/s {1/2 a MB} may sound slow now but every other UK Household was using dial up with a best possible speed of 56 kbit/s if they were very lucky and there was not the time lag you get now with UK Servers because these days Everyman and his dog has access to high speed broadband.

they should build on their 2G, 3G, 4G network and worry about 5G when a good amount of people can afford to buy the 5G phones and then that would really test the 5G Network.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, John the Moth said:

Oh gawd!

Don’t get ‘em started ?‍♂️

On 4/29/2019 at 11:57 AM, eFestivals said:

it's not the 5g signals you want to worry about, it's the chemtrails. 

:P 

On 4/29/2019 at 2:03 PM, Fork_UK said:

That must be the 3rd or 4th separate petition I've seen for this now.  They need to organise!  They're spreading their signatures too thin!

Seriously, though, is everyone going absolutely fucking mental?  Anti-vaxxers, chemtrailers, flat-earthers and 5G-laser-beamers all actually exist in this world.  Where the hell did they all crawl out from over the last 10 years or so?

Maybe there really are chemtrails and these people are the result! ?

On 4/29/2019 at 2:11 PM, tumbles said:

Social Media.   It has so much to answer for. 

On 4/29/2019 at 2:21 PM, uscore said:

you can add believe-in-faked-moon-landing and people-who-think-Brexit-is-a-good-idea to the list too.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:54 PM, drunk pumpkin said:

I promised to share my reply from Glastonbury Festival (i do love that they get back to you!)

Here you go.

Thank you for sharing with us your concerns about the use of 5G at the Festival.

We take all feedback about the technology that we use extremely seriously, and have raised your concerns with EE, who as technology partner to the Festival, have been providing an onsite mobile network at the Festival for over 20 years.  

EE would like to assure everyone attending the Festival that 5G is safe, and that the World Health Organisation and Public Health England have both given 5G the green light as no health risks have been found from radio signals used for mobile communications in this way. To give that some context for comparison, EE point out that the World Health Organisation does warn of the dangers of processed red meat (e.g. bacon and sausages), but not about 5G.

Research into the safety of radio signals has been conducted for more than 50 years; and EE insist that the strong consensus of the public health agencies around the world (such as the WHO), is that no health risks have been established from exposure to the low-level radio signals used for Wi-Fi and mobile communications. 

In line with advice from WHO, the UK Government has adopted the exposure limits developed by International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) who monitor all new research.  All UK mobile network providers build their networks within these guidelines. While EE confirm that a small increase in overall exposure to radio waves is possible when 5G is added to existing networks, the overall exposure is expected to remain low and well within the ICNIRP guidelines. You can read the information from Government on this matter here: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/233707?reveal_response=yes.

If you have read or heard anything about high frequency ‘mmWave’ spectrum and research into this from the US, please be assured that this isn’t the technology that EE will be using at Glastonbury (or anywhere in the UK) when they launch 5G. The network they are installing this year (which includes 5G in a few areas of the site) meets all of the same safety requirements as the 2G, 3G and 4G network which they’ve used previously, and the things that have been written about ‘weaponised frequencies’ and needing a mobile site for every 20 houses aren’t true, and they have nothing to do with the technology that will be used at Glastonbury.

Best wishes

Glastonbury Festival

On 5/21/2019 at 12:54 PM, 5co77ie said:

worth a watch, the woman who brought about the banning of smoking on aircraft describes it as "as safe as asbestos" - I think Glastonbury should have reassured themselves on 5G safety first, and not gone with the basis of one WHO study sponsored by the multi billion dollar Telecoms conglomerates.

Currently there's an appeal to the European Union (another reason to vote Farage), with more than 180 scientists and doctors from 36 countries warning about the dangers of 5G, which will lead to a massive increase in involuntary exposure to electromagnetic radiation. The scientists urge the EU to follow Resolution 1815 of the Council of Europe, asking for an independent task force to reassess the health effects BEFORE the roll out across Europe.

On 5/21/2019 at 1:34 PM, eFestivals said:

that's a little misleading. There's shit loads of research into the effects of radio waves on the body, and 5g is just radio waves.

On 5/21/2019 at 2:26 PM, hfuhruhurr said:

OK - it's been a while since I was designing the electronics for phones, but here goes...

You phone as per the video above is a transmitter, and being an inverse square law, the closer you hold it to yourself, the more exposure. (a daft thing in the video pointing out that, yes, the as-tested distance is greater than you holding it - duh). Now, you might therefore assume that having antennas/base stations close would be terrible too - but that's not quite right. Because your phone measures the power level of the signal and transmits accordingly - i.e. if we have a closer antenna, you phone will send out a lower power signal. And, it being inverse square, it's the phone's transmission and not the antenna that is the issue. You'd need to sit on the base station in order to fry your bits. Ideally you want loads of base stations to massively reduce the transmit power of you phone - not the other way around.

Which then comes onto harm - radio waves need to resonate the molecules. And water is at about 2.4GHz - which is what your home wifi is like. Ever noticed your wifi signal die if your microwave is on? 5G is working outside those frequencies. So, if 2.4GHz, a more dangerous frequency hasn't boiled your brains, then 5G won't.

On 5/21/2019 at 2:49 PM, eFestivals said:

remember all of those "mobile phone gave me brain cancer" stories years ago? We don't seem to get them now.

However, during the time of the mobile phone, the (proportional) number of brain cancers has risen noticeably in the UK.

Is that caused by mobiles? No one knows. There's loads of other factors that could account for the increase.

I've no idea what the truth is for 5G phones, or any other phone. I'd be happy to see more research.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:14 PM, eFestivals said:

Only partially correct (I just googled it)

terrestrial TV: 54 to 806 MHz
5G:  600 MHz to 6 GHz, and 24–86 GHz

It's worth noting that the worries about 5G frequencies is for the 24–86 GHz range - which is the part that doesn't dip into the terrestrial TV range.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:21 PM, eFestivals said:

I lean towards the scare tactic thing, if for no other reason than all of the wrong/hyped stuff I've seen just googling on it today. 

And it sounds like you know what's what here, but...

Googling earlier I did find references to radio waves being able to increase incidences of cancer in mice (rats?), but only a small increase, and when using very powerful signals (far more than 5G).

And while there's been man-made radio waves for 150 years, it's only fairly recently that people have been spending significant time with transmitters next to their head.

So from those I've got a fairly open mind to there possibly being an effect, tho it seems likely that the number of people affected is very small if there is an effect.

On 5/24/2019 at 1:04 AM, Jmei said:

On 5/24/2019 at 1:28 AM, MEGABOWL said:

Not even a please. Apparently 4G has rotted some people’s basic manners synapses. I dread to think what 5G will do!!1!

On 5/24/2019 at 2:32 AM, MetaKate said:

Good news. I was just at a tech conference and I asked the guy promoting 5G why everyone was worried about it, and he said "I didn't realize they were"

We can all sleep soundly now. 

On 5/24/2019 at 2:52 AM, John the Moth said:

Is that the Pangea installation?

On 5/24/2019 at 11:17 AM, DareToDibble said:

True. I don’t think you need any connection to play Snake.

7525C49C-3D2B-46E0-B783-780859D86746.jpeg

On 6/5/2019 at 8:14 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I've heard that 5g is going to be far from site wide, but anyway, info for anyone interested. BTW, I don't have strong views either way and don't know enough about it all to be able to make any useful comments yet :)

GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL 5G UPDATE!

Following a meeting between Glastonbury Festival Ltd and Pilton parish council last night, Glastonbury Festival Ltd operations manager MARK CANN (pictured below) has been held responsible for ensuring the public requests listed below are met.

If you are attending Glastonbury Festival this year or have 5G concerns I recommend emailing mark.cann@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk and ask that you be sent the requested information.

1. That the exact technical specifications of the 5G masts being erected at Glastonbury festival be made publicly available in advance of the festival commencement date.

2. That the safety reports and risk assessments provided to you by EE or other professional body be made available for public scrutiny in their entirety in advance of the festival commencement date.

3. That a meeting be scheduled between Glastonbury Festival Ltd and concerned parties in advance of the festival commencement date in order that concerns regarding the 5G technology being deployed are openly and transparently dealt with.

4. That maps be produced in advance of the festival commencement date indicating the exact location of the 5G masts so that concerned parties, in particular pregnant women and parents, are able to take the necessary precautions and avoid these locations.

5g pilton.jpg

On 6/25/2019 at 1:38 PM, Derek Reynolds said:

People need to realise that wireless technology is advancing fast, and while 5G may give us faster, better communications through its millimetre wave form, it comes at a price. At the heart of 5G are transmitters that are of the same family as microwave ovens. The transmitting masts may seem benign, and the manufacturers will state they are, but this is the same technology behind Active Denial systems - Google them - it's classified as weaponry.

Gateshead Council were recently in court over their placing 5G transmitters atop lamp-posts after a claim was made by Mark Steele over the alleged use of 5G. This is a controversial subject, but as with smoke, there is often a fire.

http://freewestmedia.com/2018/05/25/5g-technology-responsible-for-health-issues-in-uk-town-says-citizen/

https://www.vigiliae.org/mark-steele-exposed/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJVY9Q7q3Ks

To evaluate the dangers of smart phones/tablets and meters and their detrimental effects on the human body with special importance to children, and even the unborn in the womb, there is information here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwyDCHf5iCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0NEaPTu9oI

5G map of the UK:

https://5g.co.uk/news/ee-first-5g-network-six-cities/4912/

And whilst the presenter might have chosen a better piece of 'music' as an intro; and the messenger could present better!, listen to the message!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2110&v=FK8v1P-Psog

On 6/25/2019 at 2:01 PM, tumbles said:

Oh fuck off and learn about non ionising radiation you absolute whopper 

All phones have been working around 2.4ghz - the microwave band - for about the past 20 years 

On 6/25/2019 at 1:57 PM, Gacheezbo said:

stop scaremongering you clueless tw*t

On 6/25/2019 at 2:48 PM, hfuhruhurr said:

There are few things that upset me, but this kind of utter bollocks is why we have kids not being vaccinated, the climate crisis, fucking Trump and effing brexit. Christ on a bike - do some proper research.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:54 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Related image

On 6/25/2019 at 4:39 PM, Derek Reynolds said:

Glad you're all so positive - I'll pass on the hat though.

On 6/25/2019 at 5:56 PM, Derek Reynolds said:

On 7/2/2019 at 1:06 PM, Derek Reynolds said:

Glad the weather held out. For the nay-sayers and name callers:

https://theholisticworks.com/2019/06/25/glastonbury-festival-goers-are-walking-into-an-emf-minefield/

https://theholisticworks.com/2019/06/29/mass-microwaving-of-hundreds-of-thousands-at-glastonbury-festival-heres-the-video-evidence/

No, this is not scare mongering, it's drawing your attention to something that whilst you cannot see, is nonetheless there affecting not just your body, but that of animals and plants too. But then who gives a shit? Maybe you will one day.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:13 PM, Derek Reynolds said:

You sound like a very gullible young man Michael. Do some research.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:14 PM, eFestivals said:

and your proof is....? None at all.

Yes, waveforms can affect cells, but not at the low-power and distance that 5G uses.

Get back to us if/when you have some actual relevant research to back up your currently-false claim.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:26 PM, paulshane said:

You are a temendous idiot.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:31 PM, EasyUserName said:

I had a peak at those two links - they are on the surface, news articles.  It would be the same as providing a Daily Mail link, as evidence of the levels or rubbish left behind at the end of the festival. 

On 7/2/2019 at 2:06 PM, EasyUserName said:

I had a quick look at this one, as something with the website title "Researchgate" sounded very "sciency". 

It is a link to a published paper, reviewing a stack of other studies about low-intensity radiofrequency radiation, concluding that the studies reviewed on balance support the position that it is "bad" (being simplistic).  It claims to be "peer reviewed" (also a sign to take things seriously).  A quick internet search shows this paper published everywhere. 

A quick internet search also shows though potential holes in the paper.  According to the link below, there is no methodology on articles selected (and the suggestion that the ones selected reflect a positive bias on the ones selected), and they question how the article is "peer reviewed" (note the website link you included doesn't make that clear either).

https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/28557/are-the-methods-and-conclusions-of-the-study-clear-connection-between-wireless

The above link reviewed the paper in your link, although from another website.  They make a good point that the original website they reviewed the article on will publish pretty much anything, and give a few examples.  I had a look at the researchgate.net website, and they seem to have the same policy.  I especially liked the paper on "dirty electricity" and how that is the reason why people are fat and have diabetes (not their diet and exercise or anything). 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/239940746_Evidence_that_dirty_electricity_is_causing_the_worldwide_epidemics_of_obesity_and_diabetes

I'm not questioning your right to a opinion, but you've made a proposition - that "5G is bad".  It's really up to you to show that, not to cut & paste a bunch of links from a blog somewhere (which is what your post looks like), where the first one I look at is at best, described as a bit "shady".

On 7/2/2019 at 2:31 PM, frostypaw said:

I've done some research and the earth looks flat from here and there are some guys online saying it is - they even have a youtube 

On 7/2/2019 at 3:01 PM, Derek Reynolds said:

Look up the meaning of touché.

I think you mean - tremendous?

There's an entire society devoted to it. Don't buy it myself.

Sawdustysurfer might be interested in this (or not, whatever).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvQ3Eb2j2jw

Adios from the tremendous touché. And remember: don't learn a little - learn a lot.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:06 PM, paulshane said:

must be all the brain cancer I got from the 5G this weekend.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:51 PM, bluedaisy said:

For your information (make of it what you will)... 

I'm taking part in large global, long term study which is looking into the effects of mobile phone radiation. This study is funded by various governments including the UK Department of Health, and in collaboration with various universities and the World Health Organization.

"COSMOS (“Cohort Study of Mobile Phone Use and Health”) is an international cohort study investigating the possible health effects of long-term use of mobile phones and other wireless technologies."

"There is extensive public and scientific interest in the possibility that RF-EMF from mobile phones might increase the risk of disease, results until now are inconclusive."

"Many studies have concluded that there is no convincing evidence to date that mobile phones are harmful to health. However, the widespread use of mobile phones is a relatively recent phenomenon and it is possible that adverse health effects could emerge after years of prolonged use. Furthermore, it has been difficult to assess exactly how much people used their phones (the COSMOS study is using improved method to assess mobile phone usage of participants)."

http://www.thecosmosproject.org/

On 7/2/2019 at 8:17 PM, Derek Reynolds said:

As soon as you mention government funded, you are opening yourself up to what governments want you to know, and that's not necessarily what you NEED to know.

The UK Department of Health; The World Health Organisation, and COSMOS, are all part of the disinformation network intended to keep you dumbed down. Dr. Davis talks for one hour to an audience in Australia just over four years ago, and shows clinical images that present evidence of 3G & 4G mobile phones which have caused medical conditions.

Dr. Davis is a professor of medicine, and an internationally recognised expert on radiation from mobile phones and other wireless devices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwyDCHf5iCY

5G is a whole different beast to either of the previous. The wave form is directional through beam formation - columnated pulses - like a laser, unlike 3 &4G which is spread wide with a limited range. The basics can be watched here in a few minutes from Radwin5000 sales vid. NOTE: Before you watch this, mute the sound, and see if you can't see something the voice-over, and background nicey-nicey music covers up.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=171&v=Sy41rlOzLIs

Some more info: http://www.theeventchronicle.com/uncategorized/can-new-5g-technology-smart-meters-used-weapons/

Smart meters. No so smart if you value privacy.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:25 PM, bluedaisy said:

The point being that government has enough concerns to fund an expensive long term study, despite people saying it's completely safe. It's worth bearing in mind that there are hundreds of health concerns they are researching not just cancers. Due to my involvement in the study I remain cautious at this point ( especially cautious towards 5g as even 3g has yet to be proven safe).

1 hour ago, Roger G Lewis said:

These two efforts leave me rather perplexed, What would shutting down this discussion have achieved? Marking out people expressing concerns and asking questions as Cassandras, doubting Thomases or generally feeble minded paranoiacs , seems something of an over rated pass time with real risks of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

And if you did balanced analysis (you don't) you should also ask what is achieved by leaving it open.

Are the facts that people are posting here influencing your opinions? Nope.

Are you saying anything worthwhile? Nope, just fact-free bollocks. You might as well be ranting about how we're about to be attacked by aliens, because there's the same basis for that fear - nowt.