5G @ Glastonbury 2019

risteard

I thought 5g would only be of benefit if you had a 5g device. I have a normal 4g phone and have to say the signal was the best I've ever had at Glastonbury, Watts app messages going through straight away and no problems with videos or anything

6 minutes ago, Derek Reynolds said:

And remember: don't learn a little - learn a lot.

I have a HND & BEng in electronic & communication engineering - I spent best part of 7 years in total learning about radio, microwave and radar technologies. Back 20 years ago there was an equal outcry about 3G.  I've been here before, I've seen it all before.  

24 minutes ago, Derek Reynolds said:

... And remember: don't learn a little - learn a lot.

I did try to, but the first three links I looked at that you provided were either technically questionable, or in essence propaganda (don't get me wrong, media often is, but it was still that).

I guess I've only learnt a little, but so far that little has been that there is no substance to this, thanks to your references.   

Edited by EasyUserName
To improve clarity

21 minutes ago, Derek Reynolds said:

There's an entire society devoted to it. Don't buy it myself.

Yes I'm taking the piss.

Please go back and do GCSE Physics again. This is not how Anything works. You are listening to people who can't hold an audience if any of them know basic maths or physics, left ranting into Youtube rather than shouting from a bench in Hyde Park and thinking "sounds like that's how things work to me" and being utterly wrong.

Back many years ago people were convinced if you drove too fast it would rip the living soul from your body and you'd drop dead right there. Don't be that person - don't say "hey look there's 200 papers published that say something about EM radiation doing damage and there's this guy on youtube in his bedroom HE HAS A BOOKSHELF!!" - look at the THOUSANDS showing it's safety at any level being proposed and the many many times they have been reviewed, checked and repeated because they're good quality research.

For your information (make of it what you will)... 

I'm taking part in large global, long term study which is looking into the effects of mobile phone radiation. This study is funded by various governments including the UK Department of Health, and in collaboration with various universities and the World Health Organization.

"COSMOS (“Cohort Study of Mobile Phone Use and Health”) is an international cohort study investigating the possible health effects of long-term use of mobile phones and other wireless technologies."

"There is extensive public and scientific interest in the possibility that RF-EMF from mobile phones might increase the risk of disease, results until now are inconclusive."

"Many studies have concluded that there is no convincing evidence to date that mobile phones are harmful to health. However, the widespread use of mobile phones is a relatively recent phenomenon and it is possible that adverse health effects could emerge after years of prolonged use. Furthermore, it has been difficult to assess exactly how much people used their phones (the COSMOS study is using improved method to assess mobile phone usage of participants)."

http://www.thecosmosproject.org/

What provider are people with? I am with three with an S10 and my mobile data was the slowest it's ever been, had full bars of 4G but couldn't load anything, nevermind upload. Maybe got some whatsapp messages through at 5am and even some standard texts were coming through 3 hours late.

2 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

What provider are people with? I am with three with an S10 and my mobile data was the slowest it's ever been, had full bars of 4G but couldn't load anything, nevermind upload. Maybe got some whatsapp messages through at 5am and even some standard texts were coming through 3 hours late.

I've taken my normal  phone for the last four Glasto's with O2 and have had no trouble although this year I had next to no chance with 4G and had to rely on texts which were also problamatic. Not the worst problem in the world when you're at a festival but it did make meeting with friends an issue. The last time it felt this bad was probably in 2010.

Maybe 5G interferes with O2 and Three's signals...*puts on tin foil hat*

4 hours ago, bluedaisy said:

For your information (make of it what you will)... 

I'm taking part in large global, long term study which is looking into the effects of mobile phone radiation. This study is funded by various governments including the UK Department of Health, and in collaboration with various universities and the World Health Organization.

"COSMOS (“Cohort Study of Mobile Phone Use and Health”) is an international cohort study investigating the possible health effects of long-term use of mobile phones and other wireless technologies."

"There is extensive public and scientific interest in the possibility that RF-EMF from mobile phones might increase the risk of disease, results until now are inconclusive."

"Many studies have concluded that there is no convincing evidence to date that mobile phones are harmful to health. However, the widespread use of mobile phones is a relatively recent phenomenon and it is possible that adverse health effects could emerge after years of prolonged use. Furthermore, it has been difficult to assess exactly how much people used their phones (the COSMOS study is using improved method to assess mobile phone usage of participants)."

http://www.thecosmosproject.org/

As soon as you mention government funded, you are opening yourself up to what governments want you to know, and that's not necessarily what you NEED to know.

The UK Department of Health; The World Health Organisation, and COSMOS, are all part of the disinformation network intended to keep you dumbed down. Dr. Davis talks for one hour to an audience in Australia just over four years ago, and shows clinical images that present evidence of 3G & 4G mobile phones which have caused medical conditions.

Dr. Davis is a professor of medicine, and an internationally recognised expert on radiation from mobile phones and other wireless devices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwyDCHf5iCY

5G is a whole different beast to either of the previous. The wave form is directional through beam formation - columnated pulses - like a laser, unlike 3 &4G which is spread wide with a limited range. The basics can be watched here in a few minutes from Radwin5000 sales vid. NOTE: Before you watch this, mute the sound, and see if you can't see something the voice-over, and background nicey-nicey music covers up.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=171&v=Sy41rlOzLIs

Some more info: http://www.theeventchronicle.com/uncategorized/can-new-5g-technology-smart-meters-used-weapons/

Smart meters. No so smart if you value privacy.

Edited by Derek Reynolds
  • Downvote 3

16 minutes ago, Derek Reynolds said:

As soon as you mention government funded, you are opening yourself up to what governments want you to know, and that's not necessarily what you NEED to know. The UK Department of Health; The World Health Organisation, and COSMOS, are all part of the disinformation network intended to keep you dumbed down ...

That is an opinion.  It doesn't follow that it is a true statement.  Do you have anything to back up your assertion that this partly-UK government funded study is not going to be impartial?  Because, based on what you've posted so far, you are happy to post items as "facts" that are clearly very biased. 

16 minutes ago, Derek Reynolds said:

... . Dr. Davis talks for one hour to an audience in Australia just over four years ago, and shows clinical images that present evidence of 3G & 4G mobile phones which have caused medical conditions.

Dr. Davis is a professor of medicine, and an internationally recognised expert on radiation from mobile phones and other wireless devices:

Do you have the original paper?  Anything that *isn't* a YouTube link?  I mean, it's technically possible to find YouTube videos talking about "conspiracy theory nutters", and as amusing as that is, that's not a fact.

23 minutes ago, Derek Reynolds said:

... 5G is a whole different beast to either of the previous. The wave form is directional through beam formation - columnated pulses - like a laser, unlike 3 &4G which is spread wide with a limited range. The basics can be watched here in a few minutes from Radwin5000 sales vid. NOTE: Before you watch this, mute the sound, and see if you can't see something the voice-over, and background nicey-nicey music covers up.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=171&v=Sy41rlOzLIs

Some more info: http://www.theeventchronicle.com/uncategorized/can-new-5g-technology-smart-meters-used-weapons/

That website is laughable.  Again, it might as well be a YouTube video.  I especially liked this part of the linked article:

" This technology, when fully implemented, could intrude into people’s privacy by revealing their location to those who want to know where and when someone travels. In addition to tracking one’s movements, it has the potential for providing access to everything one does with cell phones, computers, or other electronic devices that are in our homes. "

Has Mr. Thomas been living under a rock?  Has he heard of a mobile phone?  The internet?  Big data systems?  Maybe he could ask Alexa.  Honestly, you need to provide some better links!

26 minutes ago, Derek Reynolds said:

... Smart meters. No so smart if you value privacy. ...

You do realise that your internet provider, phone provider or even Facebook knows plenty about you. 

I apologise if you are a Troll, although I do enjoy a good trawl through conspiracy things when I get the chance.  Sadly work prevents me usually, but the post-Glaso lull is allowing me a dable. 

At least your first bunch of links had a nice "sudo-science" feel about them.  This last lot is lacking in scientific, backable information (& is a decade out of date on the privacy angle!  Better check with Siri to see what she has to say about it all...)

1 hour ago, Derek Reynolds said:

As soon as you mention government funded, you are opening yourself up to what governments want you to know, and that's not necessarily what you NEED to know.

The UK Department of Health; The World Health Organisation, and COSMOS, are all part of the disinformation network intended to keep you dumbed down. Dr. Davis talks for one hour to an audience in Australia just over four years ago, and shows clinical images that present evidence of 3G & 4G mobile phones which have caused medical conditions.

5G is a whole different beast to either of the previous. The wave form is directional through beam formation - columnated pulses - like a laser, unlike 3 &4G which is spread wide with a limited range. The basics can be watched here in a few minutes from Radwin5000 sales vid. NOTE: Before you watch this, mute the sound, and see if you can't see something the voice-over, and background nicey-nicey music covers up.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=171&v=Sy41rlOzLIs

Smart meters. No so smart if you value privacy.

The point being that government has enough concerns to fund an expensive long term study, despite people saying it's completely safe. It's worth bearing in mind that there are hundreds of health concerns they are researching not just cancers. Due to my involvement in the study I remain cautious at this point ( especially cautious towards 5g as even 3g has yet to be proven safe).

Edited by bluedaisy

3 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

That is an opinion.  It doesn't follow that it is a true statement.  Do you have anything to back up your assertion that this partly-UK government funded study is not going to be impartial?  Because, based on what you've posted so far, you are happy to post items as "facts" that are clearly very biased. 

Do you have the original paper?  Anything that *isn't* a YouTube link?  I mean, it's technically possible to find YouTube videos talking about "conspiracy theory nutters", and as amusing as that is, that's not a fact.

That website is laughable.  Again, it might as well be a YouTube video.  I especially liked this part of the linked article:

" This technology, when fully implemented, could intrude into people’s privacy by revealing their location to those who want to know where and when someone travels. In addition to tracking one’s movements, it has the potential for providing access to everything one does with cell phones, computers, or other electronic devices that are in our homes. "

Has Mr. Thomas been living under a rock?  Has he heard of a mobile phone?  The internet?  Big data systems?  Maybe he could ask Alexa.  Honestly, you need to provide some better links!

You do realise that your internet provider, phone provider or even Facebook knows plenty about you. 

I apologise if you are a Troll, although I do enjoy a good trawl through conspiracy things when I get the chance.  Sadly work prevents me usually, but the post-Glaso lull is allowing me a dable. 

At least your first bunch of links had a nice "sudo-science" feel about them.  This last lot is lacking in scientific, backable information (& is a decade out of date on the privacy angle!  Better check with Siri to see what she has to say about it all...)

Well, that sounds like a lot of opinions and bias. Papers? For a visual lecture? Ask the author.

Research as much as you like, but you will only believe what you want to believe in.

10 minutes ago, Derek Reynolds said:

Research as much as you like, but you will only believe what you want to believe in. 

This is the one statement on this thread where you can truly be seen as authoritative.

• Upvote 2

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/a-disconnect-between-cell-phone-fears-and-science/

That Devra Davis?

This is perfect fodder for alarmists like Davis, who ignore the fact that virtually none of these “effects” have been reproduced in follow up studies. If you were expecting an objective review of the often confusing scientific data in this area, you should avoid this book.

Disconnect focuses almost exclusively on studies that support its alarmist conclusions while either ignoring or falsifying information about studies showing no harm. The quality of scientific studies varies greatly. Disconnect is highly selective and totally biased in discussing only studies that support its point of view, it rejects contrary studies accepted by the majority of mainstream scientists as the product of some vast conspiracy, and it completely misstates the findings of key studies that find no harm from cell phones. She interviewed only a relatively small group of dissident scientists who are outside of the mainstream. The book is completely lacking in objectivity.

That you think 5G works like a laser is just spectacular. Mate this is why you were told it was worth paying attention in school - this is basic basic stuff, it should be ringing HUGE alarm bells as much as if someone told you it was all a lie and you could run your car cheaply on weak gravy or vegemite at a slight BHP loss. The only difference is you know a shade more about cars

Cell phones - school? How old do you think I am? The pocket calculator hadn't been invented, and ball point pens were not allowed! But that never stopped me learning, and one thing that stands out is: it's a waste of time teaching pigs to sing.

I haven't had time to check out all the links you supplied as yet, but I did look at the cellular phones page of the American Cancer Society. I will be accused of 'cherry picking', but this statement stood out:

"It is not clear at this time that RF waves from cell phones cause harmful health effects in people, but studies now being done should give a clearer picture of the possible health effects in the future. Until then, there are several things that people who are concerned about RF waves can do to limit their exposure. "

Further from WHO ref:

" While an increased risk of brain tumors is not established, the increasing use of mobile phones and the lack of data for mobile phone use over time periods longer than 15 years warrant further research of mobile phone use and brain cancer risk. In particular, with the recent popularity of mobile phone use among younger people, and therefore a potentially longer lifetime of exposure, WHO has promoted further research on this group. Several studies investigating potential health effects in children and adolescents are underway. "

And from the EC:

" Conclusion The current database is inadequate for the purposes of the assessment of possible risks due to environmental exposure to RF, IF and ELF. "

Some of these statements are 17yrs old, others 9. Lots happen in nine years. The connect between a laser and 5G EMF beams is valid - they seek, and pin-point their targets. There is clearly a lack of long term effects and data therefrom.

Someone accused me of being a Troll. That is their opinion, but having read elsewhere of the 5G coverage at Glastonbury I thought it might be received with some sort of interest. Instead I got a volley of verbal abuse and outright denial on all counts. Hence pigs and singing.

Have a healthy life. (At least, try).

Edited by Derek Reynolds

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you don't understand the first thing about research, very obviously. :rolleyes: 

So this is what - guesswork?

From one of the links supplied by Frostypaw.

The American Society for Reproductive Medicine

Result(s)

The comparisons of mean sperm count, motility, viability, and normal morphology among four different cell phone user groups were statistically significant. Mean sperm motility, viability, and normal morphology were significantly different in cell phone user groups within two sperm count groups. The laboratory values of the above four sperm parameters decreased in all four cell phone user groups as the duration of daily exposure to cell phones increased.

Conclusion(s)

Use of cell phones decrease the semen quality in men by decreasing the sperm count, motility, viability, and normal morphology. The decrease in sperm parameters was dependent on the duration of daily exposure to cell phones and independent of the initial semen quality.

You know, I was sceptical about this whole thing, but ever since the festival, I've felt terrible!

I just want to eat and sleep and weep all the time. My feet are really hurting and I think the radiation has fried my skin, some of it has gone brown, and some even went red. I really don't trust 5G any more, do you think this is something to do with the Huweway stuff?