5G @ Glastonbury 2019

risteard

9 hours ago, emfscientist.org said:

It is not to benefit festival goers who will not have 5g phones, it is to test this dangerous level of electromagnetic radiation on festival goers physical health in a controlled area.

The ICNIRP 'guidelines' for safety that UK GOV refers to are from 1996. 

https://www.emfscientist.org/

5G is untested technology.

Thanks for popping by.   Don't worry, we'll wear our tin foil hats.

Won't 5G enable site-wide wifi?

As for radiation, the thing everyone forgets when complaining about masts is that they put a responsive radio next to their heads. The closer the mast, the less radiation for your head - it being an inverse square law. So, ideally we should have small cells everywhere to reduce radiation next to our heads.

2 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Yesterday I messaged the festival throught the contact process on the 5G issue. Waiting for a response which i'll post.

I'm sure that with the festivals ethos and links to greenpeace ect that if we do have 5G it will be very safe and not at all dangerous! 

In all seriousness - why bother?

Multiple governments, industry bodies, scientists, etc across the world are saying that using these frequencies is safe. Granted, there's mostly vested interests there but it's still be best information we have unless you want to rely on nutjobs like the one above with at best anecdotal evidence and usually not even that. Right now I don't think the mobile telephony research division of GFL has the level of resource required to conduct their own detailed investigation, and so they're going to go on the evidence available. Of course the response is going to be that it's safe. And the person responding to you is going to mentally append "you idiot" when they write it.

We get this bullshit every time a new set of frequencies get introduced, dating back pretty much as long as mobile phones have existed, and so far none of the scare stories have been proven correct.

Maybe the 5G will be for people working at the festival, reporters etc who may need decent internet access as they move about site? Mind you don't know if the BBC budgets would stretch to 5G devices.

Point is I doubt it's purely for the punters benefit.

10 hours ago, emfscientist.org said:

It is not to benefit festival goers who will not have 5g phones, it is to test this dangerous level of electromagnetic radiation on festival goers physical health in a controlled area.

Hmm.

10 hours ago, emfscientist.org said:

Oh just fuck off.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

"mess up our bodies and the energy of the land"

So scientific!

Read the comments below the petition. Comedy gold. 

Cheers. I'm going to use that phrase with things I don't like.

Manager, ignoring my suggestion is fucking stupid.

1 minute ago, stu_kent said:

This comment is fucking stupid.

The people who don't understand radiation are the same people who complain about GMOs and don't immunise their children. They probably believe they can be healed by crystals and that cannabis cures cancer or something.

Fuck 'em.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

This comment is fucking stupid.

The people who don't understand radiation are the same people who complain about GMOs and don't immunise their children. They probably believe they can be healed by crystals and that cannabis cures cancer or something.

Fuck 'em.

*hmm, hatches fiendish plan to plant fake news about how Somerset is more irradiated than Chernobyl, for the October sales *

:spiteful:

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

10,000 people snorting powdered horse tranquilizer for 5 days straight and my guy is out here worried about millimetre waves...

This. If you smoke or drink or eat meat or even breathe and you oppose this, you may as well live in a bubble ??‍♀️

• Upvote 1

I am waiting for 10G !!!!

I bought my first 4G Smartphone late in 2016 so was looking forward to seeing how it worked at Glasto 2017 but I ended up  stuck in Hospital for more than a Month {June and July 2017} for a artery bypass so never got to try it out and just to really wind me up I ended up in a Intensive care unit during Glastonbury week and in that Unit No Television was allowed so I missed the whole thing - the only possible time I could see Glasto live on TV and I missed it completely and they had a phone blocking system in use within that unit so could not even view it using my Smartphone !!!! - I did try the phone out at Womad but was forced to use the Punter wi-fi which used to log me out after a few minutes so this year will be the first year I can try out the WBC Crew wi-fi which is only meant for Production but I am sure I can persuade them to give me the password.

all this 5G test sounds a none starter unless they are going to loan out 5G phones !!!

Many years ago I and 2,000 other professional testers were the first to try out BT's Broadband in the London area - 512 kbit/s {1/2 a MB} may sound slow now but every other UK Household was using dial up with a best possible speed of 56 kbit/s if they were very lucky and there was not the time lag you get now with UK Servers because these days Everyman and his dog has access to high speed broadband.

they should build on their 2G, 3G, 4G network and worry about 5G when a good amount of people can afford to buy the 5G phones and then that would really test the 5G Network.

3 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

Many years ago I and 2,000 other professional testers were the first to try out BT's Broadband in the London area - 512 kbit/s {1/2 a MB} may sound slow now but every other UK Household was using dial up with a best possible speed of 56 kbit/s if they were very lucky and there was not the time lag you get now with UK Servers because these days Everyman and his dog has access to high speed broadband.

And many years later you had to have an artery bypass. COINCIDENCE??? :P

• Upvote 2