Us Short People

bombfrog

Where are all my short people? I can't see you........ 

5'6" here. Never seen anybody on stage without looking at a screen (and that was before the flag epidemic), but spent a lot of time reading the back of band t-shirts! 

Positives? At least I can get dressed standing up in my tent and have a lower centre of gravity after a few ciders :)

Any tips for the shortarses amongst us?

Edited by bombfrog
  • Upvote 1

5 foot 4 and never wear heels anywhere so I'm used to never seeing things. My main tip is if you really care about something get there early and get to the front. Works best for the small stages because I could never be one of the pushy types who forces there way to the front when other people have been there way longer. 

5 ft 3. I've developed quite a skill of looking through the gaps over people's shoulders. At Blur in 2009 I stood on a horizontal glass bottle to gain a couple of inches.

I had a really good view at Radiohead in 2017 by being on the second barrier (with the big gap in front). I'd recommend that to any other shorties who want to see things! Otherwise watch the screens and enjoy the music.

3 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

If we can land people on the moon in 1969 then surely we can organise ourselves in height order in 2019. Where’s the human progression gone to?  

One slight problem we don't become friends with people based on height. Otherwise it would be a really solid solution! 

5'2, don't do heels so will have a sore neck from straining to see the acts all weekend as usual. I have developed a knack for politely squeezing my way forwards, finding bottles or clumps of mud to stand on (or getting there early for the acts I REALLY care about) - but the view is often easier if you stand further back. More boring though. Hate being stuck amongst people chatting when I want to be down the front with the people who are into it.

Always thought I'd like to set up my own festival - 'MidgetFest'. Essentially, a normal music festival except anyone over 5'6 has to stand behind a barrier and let all the shorties go to the front. Who's in?

• Upvote 2