eFestivals is fund-raising

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor.
Sign in to follow this  
BlackHole2006

TO ANYONE GOING TO GLASTONBURY FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR

Please respect the people  running the stalls and stages at the green futures/green fields areas. They are NOT “smelly hippies” to be ridiculed and laughed at. This is their job, their livelihood and their passion. They have been there since the beginning and have been going there longer than you have. More often than not, they have helped Michael Eavis with the earlier Glasto’s.

Green Futures is one of my favourite areas for this reason and it really boils my piss thinking that kitty & toby will laugh at the filthy hippies then go over to the park and “vibe” to Jamie XX. 

Thanks for reading xoxo

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

Yeah, what's the story behind this that made it worthy of the capitalised thread name and rant? Is efests really where you might find these people you speak of too? Jamie xx fans in particular got a bad rep in your eyes? Strange example.

Can't believe this would even need saying. The Green fields are the heart of the festival and I always love going there an relaxing. I've always found everybody there very friendly and like to think that everyone is treated with the respect they deserve. 

There is a kitty member of efests, but alas no toby.

Clearly there are accusations that need to be aired in some type of kangaroo court so that we can stroke our chins in judgement.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Yeah, what's the story behind this that made it worthy of the capitalised thread name and rant? Is efests really where you might find these people you speak of too? Jamie xx fans in particular got a bad rep in your eyes? Strange example.

“Don’t make generalisations about people ya don’t know Toby, you Jamie xx-listening posho prick!”

Edited by dentalplan
speech marks just in case
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I feel like there's a backstory to this

Indeed, quite ranty by your standards @BlackHole2006. Wassup?

Is it acceptable to laugh at the filthy Jamie XX then go over to Green Futures to vibe with the hippies?

• Upvote 2

Bizarre outburst. 

I've only been going to the festival since 2002, but have never seen anything like that happen in the green fields. I've barely seen any anti social or unpleasant behaviour at all anywhere on the site, come to think of it.

The hippies round there are real people? I assumed they were actors employed for me to laugh at, throw rotten veg at and try to avoid smelling at all costs. 

I spend most of the festival in green futures and haven’t seen any disrespecting of hippies, sad that you have experienced an incident that upset you but I don't think they care about what people think of them anyway.

Charm x

Edited by Charm

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say this is in response to some of the vitriol thats been directed at Extinction Rebellion on social media this last week. Thankfully I'd say those who post shit like "The great unwashed. Get a job. Climate change is a lie" blah blah blah, will have no interest in Glastonbury. And if they do and are there, there will be 10x as many ready to call them out for the fucking w*nkers they are. I would hope.

• Like 1

Don't eat the brown acid...

I'll be at Jamie xx with Kitty and Toby. Sounds vibey.