Common Announcement

rockandnoll

im more interested in this :) 

THE MEZCAL YARD

A cactus needle into the vein of your partying spirit: a shot of Mexico’s most magical desert juice down your throat! Brand new for 2019, the Mezcal Yard has bottled the spirit of the desert and serves it up as many varieties and amongst the highest of vibes you could hope for!

NEW VENUE FOR 2019!

We’ve made something incredibly special for you. Amidst the well-loved rave-arenas of The Temple and the Rum Shack a new and sparkling jewel has emerged, a secret, sacred well, a portal to another world! Prepare to be submerged in sound and born again… providing the soundtrack for this re-birth are the likes of Channel One Soundsystem, Manudigital and Daniel Haaksman. More details coming soon!

nothing about copper dollar on there that I can see :(

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

DJ Hybrid: Am I right that this is the more recent DnB/ Jungle DJ and not the original prog breaks Hybrid SoundSystem people? 

The original Hybrid played one of my favourite sets ever in The Glade (original place under the trees rave vibe)

Correct. The original Hybrid would be better. Original breaks head here.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Yep. As with the majority of the other areas of SE corner and Arcadia. I'm a fan of DnB but by the end of the weekend I'm sick to death of it. 

There needs to be a broader booking of different genres for these areas. 

The SEC is great, conceptually, it’s visually incredible, but the music on offer is always utter bollocks. 

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

Block 9 it is! 

7 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Lots for me in there: Hype, Foreign Beggars, Grooverider & Fabio, Hospitality Presents. Chabuddy G should be a lot of fun, too!

I wonder what the Mezcal Yard is gonna be? Think we're in for some big venue surprises at the Big G this year.

Nice to see they got Patrick Topping in there, just for @bennyhana22... *runs*

6 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Wow! I thought electronic music was my forte, but seems like I don’t recognise around 50% of the lineup. Better get searching!

MONIKA KRUSE THOUGH! ?

It’s a big hmmmmmm from me, Clive. I won’t lie and say that I’m not a bit disappointed that the amazing venue that is The Temple isn’t being graced with a slightly more impressive menu. It’s really big now, and that seems to create a line-up catering to mass popularity in terms of cheesy tech house and stuff. No problem really, but I wish there was a bit more variety in there. It was never gonna happen, but yes, calls for some trance are good - a really up for it trance crowd could create an amazing atmosphere in The Temple. I’ll very likely target Monika Kruse, mind. Fingers crossed that she gets a good slot. 

Ben

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

It’s a big hmmmmmm from me, Clive. I won’t lie and say that I’m not a bit disappointed that the amazing venue that is The Temple isn’t being graced with a slightly more impressive menu. It’s really big now, and that seems to create a line-up catering to mass popularity in terms of cheesy tech house and stuff. No problem really, but I wish there was a bit more variety in there. It was never gonna happen, but yes, calls for some trance are good - a really up for it trance crowd could create an amazing atmosphere in The Temple. I’ll very likely target Monika Kruse, mind. Fingers crossed that she gets a good slot. 

Ben

You know you'll be camped at Block 9 this year, Ben. I predict big things for that area in 2019...

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

You know you'll be camped at Block 9 this year, Ben. I predict big things for that area in 2019...

You’re correct, of course, SC, it’s just that one of the joys is experiencing a jolly good rave in different places. If I can get some crackers at Genosys (and some new Block9 treats), Arcadia, Glade, maybe something in Silver Hayes and then a couple of unexpecteds  (Unfairground, maybe Beat Hotel, though I’m not hugely enamoured of it as a venue...), I’ll be a happy bunny. 

Ben

After loads of searching on Instagram, I’ve actually found two acts (out of the unknown ones) that I’ll definitely try and see - Grace Savage and Bellatrix. 

Special mention to Dutty Moonshine. Not a fan of his dj sets, but seen the whole band thingy at couple of festivals and they’re amazing!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Sadly it wasn’t there in 2017 either. Real pity as it was fun and a bit different. I guess it wouldn’t really fit in with the direction thst the area has gone down though. Oh well. 

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

It was never gonna happen, but yes, calls for some trance are good - a really up for it trance crowd could create an amazing atmosphere in The Temple. I’ll very likely target Monika Kruse, mind. Fingers crossed that she gets a good slot. 

Ben

Yes agree to this...

If anyone has been to Noisily festival you'll realise there's a whole scene that's been missing at glasto for about 15 years. The trancey/ progressive rave under trees/ outside slightly hippy thing. I'm not massively into it, but just know a venue like The Temple or elsewhere would be so welcome with something different to dance it and trance crowds always have a great atmosphere. I'm not talking cheesy EDM trance by the way. 

It seems really bizarre when you consider the massive element of the hippy/ trance/ green fields that still play a big part of the festival but seem forgotten. 

Edited by danbailey80
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Yes agree to this...

If anyone has been to Noisily festival you'll realise there's a whole scene that's been missing at glasto for about 15 years. The trancey/ progressive rave under trees/ outside slightly hippy thing. I'm not massively into it, but just know a venue like The Temple or elsewhere would be so welcome with something different to dance it and trance crowds always have a great atmosphere. I'm not talking cheesy EDM trance but the way. 

It seems really bizarre when you consider the massive element of the hippy/ trance/ green fields that still play a big part. 

I'm surprised there's not more in The Glade area.

22 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Sadly it wasn’t there in 2017 either. Real pity as it was fun and a bit different. I guess it wouldn’t really fit in with the direction thst the area has gone down though. Oh well. 

yep but im sure I saw somewhere they would be back ... maybe I was dreaming it :( 

1 hour ago, Jay89 said:

After loads of searching on Instagram, I’ve actually found two acts (out of the unknown ones) that I’ll definitely try and see - Grace Savage and Bellatrix. 

Special mention to Dutty Moonshine. Not a fan of his dj sets, but seen the whole band thingy at couple of festivals and they’re amazing!

Dutty moonshine big band are an absolute must see, can't recommend enough 

The Common is wasted really. There seem to be more peeps saying the type of music is wrong compared to saying they love it. This has been happening for years. I love progressive house, trance but mainly techno. Where is this music? There are pockets where you can go to maybe 1 or 2 sets on the genosys, a couple in the glade, 1 in maybe 1 wow but this is over 5 days. If you like dnb the Sec has it near enough all the time.. It time for change!! How do we make it Happen at glasto. I've been going since 2004 and my type dance music is getting Less and less. I thought it's me, my age but I don't see much of the announced music in the Sec getting much love.. Any tips benny.. Please give it.. Let's have it!!! 

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

There is TBH. That's the only place though and it's very sporadic and the spaceport does nothing for me. 

The glade lounge is lovely but never really takes off. 

Yeah, I’m absolutely planning to spend more time in the Glade lounge this year and will encourage more people to join me. It’s a case of doing some homework and finding more trance and progressive there. That said, and as sweet as the GL is, there’s still not enough trance at Glastonbury and, as you suggest, it has more in keeping with the historical origins of the festival compared to, say, jump up DnB...

Ben

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Grace is amazing. Caught her a couple of times where she's done her full beatbox stuff and then more of her stuff on spotify. 

She had a crowdfunding going for her next EP recently (which was more than met) so chuffed for her that she's back at Glastonbury. Would highly recommend seeing her.

Love how she slowly builds her stuff... this is quite a good example of her... keeps it basic 

8 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Yeah its really big but theres people queueing to get in for ages every night,  even at 4 / 5am theres a line. I think they could afford to take a few risks with the bookings. Most of the people that end up in there haven't a clue who's on anyway, they're just on a sightseeing tour like in most of the SEC.

18 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

im more interested in this :) 

THE MEZCAL YARD

A cactus needle into the vein of your partying spirit: a shot of Mexico’s most magical desert juice down your throat! Brand new for 2019, the Mezcal Yard has bottled the spirit of the desert and serves it up as many varieties and amongst the highest of vibes you could hope for!

NEW VENUE FOR 2019!

We’ve made something incredibly special for you. Amidst the well-loved rave-arenas of The Temple and the Rum Shack a new and sparkling jewel has emerged, a secret, sacred well, a portal to another world! Prepare to be submerged in sound and born again… providing the soundtrack for this re-birth are the likes of Channel One Soundsystem, Manudigital and Daniel Haaksman. More details coming soon!

What? Surely they arent serving mescaline/peyote? 

Awesome if so. Time for a spirit journey I suppose.

Is it just a metaphore and the juice is music? That would be disappointing. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

What? Surely they arent serving mescaline/peyote? 

Awesome if so. Time for a spirit journey I suppose.

Is it just a metaphore and the juice is music? That would be disappointing. 

Presume it's this stuff rather than mescaline:

Mezcal is a distilled alcoholic beverage made from any type of agave. The word mezcal comes from Nahuatl mexcalli metl and ixcalli which means "oven-cooked agave". Agaves or magueys are found mainly in many parts of Mexico and all the way down to the equator, though most mezcal is made in Oaxaca.