Common Announcement

rockandnoll

24 Hr Garage Girls, Eats Everything, Kanine, Richy Ahmed, Seth Troxler were the standouts for me on there, otherwise I was quite underwhelmed by the line-up! Still, though there is so much to see its only one part of the festival.

There is nothing better than randomly stumbling across DJ sets which sound good when you're getting from area to area (hopefully that will be the case around the common  this year)

You know, I really fucking hate it when you get random member(s) of Hot Chip billed as "Hot Chip DJ" or even worse "Hot Chip".  It's not going to be Hot Chip, it's going to be Alexis or Owen+Felix playing someone else's tunes, but we're left with this mystery box bollocks.

I pretend to be annoyed about stuff on here sometimes, but this genuinely annoys me.  It's going to be weeks before we find out what that "Hot Chip" billing actually means.

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You know, I really fucking hate it when you get random member(s) of Hot Chip billed as "Hot Chip DJ" or even worse "Hot Chip".  It's not going to be Hot Chip, it's going to be Alexis or Owen+Felix playing someone else's tunes, but we're left with this mystery box bollocks.

I pretend to be annoyed about stuff on here sometimes, but this genuinely annoys me.  It's going to be weeks before we find out what that "Hot Chip" billing actually means.

90% certain it will be a DJ set.

42 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Was hoping for some Murkage Dave this year expecting him at the Rum Shack, if anywhere. Having seen Kate Tempest and Akala, I know they’ve previous for live performances.

We're running out of areas for him and I'll be very disappointed if he's not there. He's signed to Primary so hopefully that means he'll be on one of the normal stages.

Could be Williams Green.

18 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Christ almighty that’s a lot of DnB. As usual. 

Yep. As with the majority of the other areas of SE corner and Arcadia. I'm a fan of DnB but by the end of the weekend I'm sick to death of it. 

There needs to be a broader booking of different genres for these areas. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Yep. As with the majority of the other areas of SE corner and Arcadia. I'm a fan of DnB but by the end of the weekend I'm sick to death of it. 

There needs to be a broader booking of different genres for these areas. 

Yes, definitely too d&b heavy late night.