Us Tall People

wingnut2711

6'3, checking in. Like others have said, often I will ask if shorter people in the crowd would like to stand in front of me, regularly they say they don't mind. It isn't our fault for being tall. I'm very wary of my height and so try to be accommodating as much as possible. That being said it is not our responsibility to house or prioritise people in a massive field, you should not feel guilty for blocking the view of a shorter individual. It is however everyone's responsibility to be accommodating and careful about your behaviour in crowds. 

The problem of talkers, pushers, w*nkers and general dickish behaviour in crowds is far greater than tall people blocking one particular view. I've been verbally abused on numerous occasions at Glastonbury simply for being tall and blocking someone's view.  

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

The problem of talkers, pushers, w*nkers and general dickish behaviour in crowds is far greater than tall people blocking one particular view.

Isn't this the only problem, and those that women encounter in crowds/festivals? Height ain't the problem. Oh, and the guardians of the picnic blankets at stages. They can do one too.

1 hour ago, GMF said:

The solution is for tall people to carry a small spade and on getting to their choosen spot dig a small hole to a depth that makes them 5’9". Some may think this is extreme but only fair in the spirit of true egalitarianism, it will need to make do until the manipulation of DNA allows us all to be the same size .

of course people shorter than 5’9" will be ale to carry an appropriate small step.

or use the soil from a tall friend's hole.

Usually I'm not too bothered about taller people being infront of me.  I'm only 5'9 so it's something that happens more often than not.  As long as I'm able to move and find a gap to view the stage / screen I'm happy enough.  

I do get annoyed if I've been camped in a spot for hours and some giant barges through and sets up shop directly in front of me in a packed crowd with no space to move but you just have to get over it.  We are all here to party. Having an obscured view of a stage won't change the music.

Loud, constant talkers can get in the sea though.

I'm a lanky streak of piss, so while I'm tall I feel this is offset by my narrowness.  I've also recently shaved off my unruly mop of massive hair, which will help with people behind me being able to see and also the frequent issue of people mistaking me for a dandelion clock.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

or use the soil from a tall friend's hole.

Usually I'm not too bothered about taller people being infront of me.  I'm only 5'9 so it's something that happens more often than not.  As long as I'm able to move and find a gap to view the stage / screen I'm happy enough.  

I do get annoyed if I've been camped in a spot for hours and some giant barges through and sets up shop directly in front of me in a packed crowd with no space to move but you just have to get over it.  We are all here to party. Having an obscured view of a stage won't change the music.

Loud, constant talkers can get in the sea though.

Would the constant talkers be able to jump of the end of the new pier.

33 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Is being able to see the stage even a necessity? If i'm watching an act i'm usually having a boogie, so not sure why id need to see them to be able to do this? Add in the fact that when i'm at a festival its probably highly unlikely that i could see as far as the stage anyway. 

Guess it depends on the act? Or on whether you personally consider seeing the band as "seeing" the band.

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

It is however everyone's responsibility to be accommodating

I wish it worked like that.

I'm 6'3, and I've no intention of deliberately spoiling anyone's view. Yet ...

The short people would have me at the back every time. The short people think they should get a more-prime space than me despite turning up later than me.  ;) 

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The short people would have me at the back every time. The short people think they should get a more-prime space than me despite turning up later than me.  ;) 

Yeah this. I don't push through people but move into empty space. U want a good spot as a short person, get there earlier

6 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’m 6’7 and tell any of these self entitled small c**ts that they’re in a massive field and could easily move themselves. Wherever I move I’ll be in someone’s way. They need to get over themselves.

Why does @Tommy Dickfingers, the largest crowd member, not simply eat the other members of the crowd?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

My main issue with the tall people is that daily mail reading sect of them who don’t actually watch the stage but stand around like a herd of upper class giraffes discussing their investments and ISA rates and only listen to a band when they play the one banger as an encore. I havnt a gripe with tall folk who are actually into the music and usually let me have a glimpse over their shoulders.

As a lanky git I try to put my back to pillars in tents like Avalon, make sure I remove my wide brimmed hat (when the band is playing at least) but when the stage is rammed I just thank my long legs that I can see what's going on. As my wife is a shorty I'm well aware of the perils of such stature.

Be nice.

6 hours ago, Woffy said:

Was that when your profile pic was taken or are you wearing a really weird sporran?

Now I want a sporran that looks like a mans head. 

But yeah he was one of those nice tallies. I was a bit nervous to go up but it was truly glorious. 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

But....but, you have a teeny wife :o

8 hours ago, Tdiz said:

Maybe we should all just stand in height order before each act comes out on stage shortest at the front tallest at the back. Once you are in place you can't move. 

No Hats or flags allowed

Everyone is allowed to take one photo to show on social media that they are there doing a thing if they want.  No filming as the BBC do a pretty good job of this already.

Anyone who fails to comply with the rules above has to leave the festival.

Grrr, this!

I can cope with someone one taller standing Infront of me but adding a hat is just bloody thoughtless. Particularly a dumb-ass 'festival hat' typically with loads of useless ornament or a stupidly wide nrim. It makes manoeuvring to get a decent view all the more difficult. This then has a knock on effect on the person behind me and so on.

As for wearing two hats.......???

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
Added smiley

4 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Grrr, this!

I can cope with someone one taller standing Infront of me but adding a hat is just bloody thoughtless. Particularly a dumb-ass 'festival hat' typically with loads of useless ornament or a stupidly wide nrim. It makes manoeuvring to get a decent view all the more difficult. This then has a knock on effect on the person behind me and so on.

As for wearing two hats.......

oh dear .... sorry all