Anyone know this girl....?

parsonjack

1 minute ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Again I apologise for railroading this. There is a presumption the old days were cleaner, increased litter picking just tidies it away. 

Yeah that was kinda my point. I probably didn’t explain it very well. 

22 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Looking at the pylon in the background, shot corner-on and the roof with chimney on the left popping up above the tree line I would guess, from the 95 map that it was shot down suggs ground towards Park Farm. 

Judging by the sleeping bag I'm guessing it's a dawn shot....the long shadow suggests facing slight East of North East, which would tie in with the pylon and lines running almost true West to East.....if that's the case it's more likely South of the lines so somewhere in the camping area to the East of car park F40?

22 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Judging by the sleeping bag I'm guessing it's a dawn shot....the long shadow suggests facing slight East of North East, which would tie in with the pylon and lines running almost true West to East.....if that's the case it's more likely South of the lines so somewhere in the camping area to the East of car park F40?

Could be. I'm not convinced the shot wasn't staged tho so time of day is questionable.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

My first thought as well, looks worse then than it is these days.

Worse than this? My first festival in 2015, went off for the night somewhere and walked back across the pyramid field and was genuinely shocked/disgusted/appalled in equal measures. In hindsight, i guess I was/am pretty naive about the mess people can and do leave ? 

8927137C-EE8A-411C-BE6D-D0E42B776C1C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

Worse than this? My first festival in 2015, went off for the night somewhere and walked back across the pyramid field and was genuinely shocked/disgusted/appalled in equal measures. In hindsight, i guess I was/am pretty naive about the mess people can and do leave ? 

8927137C-EE8A-411C-BE6D-D0E42B776C1C.jpeg

It's like a fucking disaster zone. What are people's problems? It's so fucking easy to carry a bag around with you for litter until you find a bin.

From memory, the litter in these photos is nothing on 2000 on the Sunday night. A site woefully underequipped for the number of people, combined with a clientele who may have had less respect for the land than the hippies before, or the paying customers after.  Unlike today where the litter pickers reset the litter levels every night/morning, there was a significant increase in litter on the floor every day that passed. By the end, that Pyramid arena was a carpet of bottles and cans.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

From memory, the litter in these photos is nothing on 2000 on the Sunday night. A site woefully underequipped for the number of people, combined with a clientele who may have had less respect for the land than the hippies before, or the paying customers after.  Unlike today where the litter pickers reset the litter levels every night/morning, there was a significant increase in litter on the floor every day that passed. By the end, that Pyramid arena was a carpet of bottles and cans.

Feels like a thread hijack but I just couldn’t believe the mess. Was genuinely shocked by it, given the amount of bins every where. 

There shouldn’t be any need for litter pickers. Sad but true. 

Anytime I see a photo from the early days of the festival I always ponder what happened to those people pictured, what became of them, how many still maintained the lifestyle or did they just return to what society perceives as normality. The booklet that accompanied the glastonbury Fayre triple album had some such photographs.