Glasto Vlogs

reallife

18 hours ago, stt11 said:

I've been looking through the Vlogs on You Tube and found one by a band that played the Rocket Lounge last year.

Just watched this. Really liked it. Interesting seeing some of the performers stuff in there.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Just watched this. Really liked it. Interesting seeing some of the performers stuff in there.

That vlog seemed to cover a lot of  pathways and camping areas that you don't normally see. It's nice to have that country walk vibe during lockdown. 

7 hours ago, nikkic said:

Really enjoyed that trip down memory lane. Interesting to see their need for boots on the Tuesday and then flip flops by the Thursday. Nothing better that a Glastonbury sunset! Really going to miss it this year!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry49 said:

Really enjoyed that trip down memory lane. Interesting to see their need for boots on the Tuesday and then flip flops by the Thursday. Nothing better that a Glastonbury sunset! Really going to miss it this year!

Yeah I actually came out of the video and double checked it was from 2019!

I didn’t remember rain before the festival. 

• 2 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 7:18 PM, nikkic said:

Yeah I actually came out of the video and double checked it was from 2019!

I didn’t remember rain before the festival. 

Certainly rained before the festival and the weather decided to change that week :) I was there on the Monday and a few big puddles about and it hammered it down on the Monday night about 2am, just as I got into my tent. was nice white noise to get to sleep to

17 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Certainly rained before the festival and the weather decided to change that week :) I was there on the Monday and a few big puddles about and it hammered it down on the Monday night about 2am, just as I got into my tent. was nice white noise to get to sleep to

I arrived Tuesday afternoon (bar worker) and we went out and about into the crew bars in the Shangri-La area and it tipped it down that night whilst we were there and quite a few of us got caught out with either trainers or no waterproof jackets on....put an early end to the night unfortunately! 

That was the last I saw of any rain all weekend.

On 4/21/2019 at 3:18 PM, kalifire said:

I've always appreciated this video blog, mainly because it isn't the kind of try-hard, editing every 2 seconds nonsense you get from vloggers seeking some kind of viral fame. It's just a Scotsman and his mate travelling to Glastonbury in 2013. Also because Billy doesn't try to cram in all the highlights of Glastonbury, and manages to capture a sense of what it's like to plan, travel and be there. All very human.

Note: this is a playlist, so if it doesn't move onto the next video in the sequence, open in YouTube and navigate through. The action begins after the intro video.

Exactly. 99% of Glasto vlogs are made by the people who annoy you there.

52 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I arrived Tuesday afternoon (bar worker) and we went out and about into the crew bars in the Shangri-La area and it tipped it down that night whilst we were there and quite a few of us got caught out with either trainers or no waterproof jackets on....put an early end to the night unfortunately! 

That was the last I saw of any rain all weekend.

I can't remember any rain on the Tuesday :) sure Mrs Q and I were out till around 2am probably in a bar maybe

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

I can't remember any rain on the Tuesday :) sure Mrs Q and I were out till around 2am probably in a bar maybe

Started around midnight iirc...I was in a crew bar listening to some DJ  and didn't realise it was raining until I stepped out to use the toilets and nearly went arse over tit!

• 1 year later...

bit of an old video, and a Glastonbury I sadly wasn't at...However I had started going to Reading the year before, and this video just takes me back to around that millennium time in a heartbeat.

Wax flares, no flags or camping chairs, Randoms talking to one another, no one sitting on the floor playing on their phone.

Great stuff. 🙂

4 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

bit of an old video, and a Glastonbury I sadly wasn't at...However I had started going to Reading the year before, and this video just takes me back to around that millennium time in a heartbeat.

Wax flares, no flags or camping chairs, Randoms talking to one another, no one sitting on the floor playing on their phone.

Great stuff. 🙂

Straight away - just look at all the fires and in the 'arena' areas as well!! Good times...

• 2 months later...
On 1/4/2022 at 1:13 PM, gooner1990 said:

Great stuff. 🙂

b9d.jpg

• Like 1