eFestivals is fund-raising

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor.
Sign in to follow this  
reallife

Glasto Vlogs

Can anyone share links to the best Glasto Vlogs they know?  I've had a cider, made a tie died dress and the sun is out.  It's time, I need a fix.

How excited am I

Edited by reallife
typo

I've always appreciated this video blog, mainly because it isn't the kind of try-hard, editing every 2 seconds nonsense you get from vloggers seeking some kind of viral fame. It's just a Scotsman and his mate travelling to Glastonbury in 2013. Also because Billy doesn't try to cram in all the highlights of Glastonbury, and manages to capture a sense of what it's like to plan, travel and be there. All very human.

Note: this is a playlist, so if it doesn't move onto the next video in the sequence, open in YouTube and navigate through. The action begins after the intro video.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Barbster360 is the standout Glastonbury vlog, helps he is a pro film maker, but his vlog is very much from the POV of joe public, he is also a local.

I think I've gone through so many Glasto videosI've probs seen them all but this fella seems sound

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kaytee... said:

I think I've gone through so many Glasto videosI've probs seen them all but this fella seems sound

Yeah, he has a few across a couple of years. His and Barbster360's are my favourites as they're pretty realistic and they seem to appreciate being there every time too!

might have a go at one of these myself or maybe a walkthrough ... might see some interesting responses to the pyramid stage 

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

might have a go at one of these myself or maybe a walkthrough ... might see some interesting responses to the pyramid stage 

Stick a GoPro on the peak!

2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Stick a GoPro on the peak!

that was my thought ... now to get hold of a go pro :) or equivalent 

58 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

that was my thought ... now to get hold of a go pro :) or equivalent 

Try e bay You don't have to go for the up to date go pros. If you just want to try it out 

8 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Try e bay You don't have to go for the up to date go pros. If you just want to try it out 

cheers ... having a look now :) 

18 hours ago, kalifire said:

I've always appreciated this video blog, mainly because it isn't the kind of try-hard, editing every 2 seconds nonsense you get from vloggers seeking some kind of viral fame. It's just a Scotsman and his mate travelling to Glastonbury in 2013. Also because Billy doesn't try to cram in all the highlights of Glastonbury, and manages to capture a sense of what it's like to plan, travel and be there. All very human.

Note: this is a playlist, so if it doesn't move onto the next video in the sequence, open in YouTube and navigate through. The action begins after the intro video.

This. Is the one I like the most!

• Upvote 1

I started following Billy (the Scottish fella) on twitter, he’s really unsurprisingly friendly and engaging - the kind of person you’d be quite happy to find yourself camping next to. Good vids too - the right balance between a bit of music, a bit of weirdness and lots about the actual experience instead of tat about phone charge tents, watching football, a daily run through of glitter regimes and posh wellies, and staring at the camera mouthing lyrics ‘really feeling it, maaannn’ 🤮

I've been enjoying this chap's videos today.

I took a camera in 2011 with a view to creating a montage of bursts of pics as I had seen some pretty cool stuff like that from a local club. I was annoying myself as well as probably everyone in our group constantly pulling out the camera throughout the week. Our house was broken into the week after we got back and they took the camera so I decided to never ever do such a thing again. Lots of the VLOGs seem very tame from what I have seen.